News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: A Kill Team for every occasion. [Now with pictures]  (Read 1336 times)

Offline Calamity

• Concussor Concussed Dice | Captain
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Cocking up miniatures since 1998
  • Armies: Kharadron Overlords, Bloodbound, Celestial Lions
A Kill Team for every occasion. [Now with pictures]
« on: February 5, 2014, 01:14:14 PM »
This is the start of my grand project to make a kill team for every faction.  I have every 6th ed. codex so far and I intend to collect them all.  So I want to use them for something, but as I can't make a full sized army for every faction this is the next best thing!

The one I chose to start with is a space marine scout kill team.  The list can be found here.  It's going to be either white scars or white scar successor (marauders maybe?)

I brought a set of respirator Elysian heads to use, because frankly the scout heads are silly.  Plus, I'm in the 'helmets are needed in the far future' camp.   ;)

I actually saw this before in WD with a crimson fist army.  It's what inspired the idea.  The other options available were cadian heads or even power armour marine heads.  But I think I made the right choice.  I'll post pics of them as I make them.

EDIT:

Here is what I have created so far.  They are not the best quality pictures I know.  But don't those heads work well with everything?
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 04:44:30 PM by Land Rover Tangi »

Offline Calamity

• Concussor Concussed Dice | Captain
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Cocking up miniatures since 1998
  • Armies: Kharadron Overlords, Bloodbound, Celestial Lions
Re: A Kill Team for every occasion. [Now with pictures]
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2014, 04:24:10 PM »
 Update:

Here's what I have now:

I'm trying to take all the knowledge I learnt from painting Guard over the years and apply it to these SM scouts.  However, I've got two problems.  One, I am rusty as hell with painting.  And two, at the moment I'm limited to the paints included in the 40k starter paint set (it's all I can afford right now.  I'm so poor).  So part of the challenge of this project now is trying to make them work with such limited colours.

Already I know I messed up with the webbing.  Brown wasn't a good choice.  I'll go over that in black.  I do like the green armor and red visors though.  And once I get the equipment to layer and highlight, it'll all come together nicely!

Or not.  :P
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 04:36:44 PM by Land Rover Tangi »