News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Blast from the past  (Read 2437 times)

Offline Dread

• Warlock
  • Voidraven, the stone skipping across the universe.
  • Armies: Eldar, DE, Harlis, Necrons,  sisters, Death guard
Blast from the past
« on: November 7, 2013, 03:30:54 AM »
I had just came back to view the site and looked over to the left of my screen to see the pic of the minute and saw an old drawing I did of my female pirate jetbiker. It's in the art section somewhere, not sure where, said ART and AEO above it. I was surprised to see it on here, still. The original still hangs on my hobby room wall. It was done years ago when the idea of a pirate type army was fresh in my head and also getting my Void Dragon Phoenix bomber, ah corsairs. I also did a conversion for her which I still have. Of coarse I dismissed the idea for lack of playable rules back then.

Here is the link: http://www.40konline.com/MGalleryItem.php?id=926

[smg id=926]

I have thought about redoing it several times. I feel that she needs to be more slender and lithe looking. Facial features need to be more narrow and a few other things.

I was just blown away to see it still on the website.

Thanks
« Last Edit: November 8, 2013, 07:50:17 AM by Kindred »
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
  • Soñando debajo del arco iris
  • Armies: Administrators must not play 40K
Re: Blast from the past
« Reply #1 on: November 7, 2013, 07:48:26 AM »
You've taken me back to the old Rogue Trader rulebook with the section on Eldar Pirates with that piece of artwork.

I think that you capture the rogue nature of the female pirate rather well with that.  The Jetbike looks very sleek, and the sword is also a nice touch.  The only thing that perhaps could do with a bit of work is the footwear, which strikes me as being out of place.  Even a female pirate would, most likely, have standard mesh flat heeled boots, I think.

As for the aspects of the work that you think need re-doing, I'm not so sure.  You could go for more slender features in places, but I quite like the artist's licence that you have used.
You haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Dread

• Warlock
  • Voidraven, the stone skipping across the universe.
  • Armies: Eldar, DE, Harlis, Necrons,  sisters, Death guard
« Reply #2 on: November 7, 2013, 03:17:27 PM »
Thanks for that. I remember the night I did it. My wife was in the hospital after some major surgery and that is how I kept myself busy while she was resting.
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword

Offline Daveseer

• The best cure is a shuriken aspirin.
  • Armies: Eldar
« Reply #3 on: November 7, 2013, 07:55:22 PM »
Great artwork! I think it stands well as it is with that retro-roguetrader feel - please don't lose the high-heels!  (apologies from a moderately unreconstructed male!)
Daveseer

Offline Kindred

• Solitaire Llama Lord | Not a Mass Murderer
  • PINK!
    • Turtle Shell Productions
  • Armies: Eldar
« Reply #4 on: November 8, 2013, 07:55:38 AM »
I'm a pack rat - especially when it comes to digital...   in theory, we should have every image ever uploaded to the site, even since the EO days.

The only thing we have lost, in the many shifts of software that control our galleries, is the actual authorship of the images (specifically those in the eldar folders (archive album 1, and archive album 2)
Solitaire Llama (Also known as the Dali Llama)
WS10 BS10 S5 T5 I1 A1 Sv1+
Spit, Neck Throw, Guardian of the Sheep

Offline Slick Samos

• Que!!
  • Armies: Tau, Dark Angels & Salamanders
« Reply #5 on: November 8, 2013, 01:50:53 PM »
Thanks for keeping it all!  I had wondered how far it dated back and why there were archive albums... :)
Play more games, paint more models...