News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Price of freedom- Backround to my renegade guard army  (Read 1621 times)

Offline Kogtoof

• Mek Boy
  • WotW-Ork Elite: Mekboy with Big shoota
  • Armies: Da Orkz
Price of freedom- Backround to my renegade guard army
« on: October 17, 2012, 07:10:06 PM »
I remember the day we were liberated, it was years ago but I can remember it clearly. There are days of course when my memories fade, when I have trouble remembering my own name, but even then I can remember that day as clear as if I were back there right now. Before the long war, before the destruction of our city, before the times when those who wished to oppress us turned our beautiful planet into a place of suffering and death. Before the great enlightenment we worked ceaselessly for uncaring rulers. Our lives were just numbers to them, millions died every year to accidents, disease, and starvation. We worked our entire lives without ever being told what we were making or why it mattered. We lived and died little better than slaves while those who profited from our work told us we were making a difference, that we somehow were helping the glorious crusades of the emperor of mankind. That was before we were able to rise up against them. We prayed to the emperor for guidance, to free us from our lives of misery and toil. He never answered us. I he cared about his subjects why would he let us suffer like this?

One day a man came to us, I remember he wore a tattered priests robe with the Aquila defaced on it. He preached from the street corner that the Imperium had forsaken us, that we had been forgotten and left to die. He claimed the emperor was a falsehood used by fattened administrators to keep us enslaved. He said that there were gods who cared about us, who wanted to see us released from our misery; I don’t know how many people believed that at the time though. He spoke with such powerful words and there was no denying his logic that we were forgotten. I was there when it happened, when the Arbrites open fired into the listening people. I can still see it now; they fired shot after shot into the crowd all the while moving toward the preacher. I remember the shot that tore into my shoulder and falling to the ground in pain. If I concentrate I can still see the Arbrites officer firing a shot at the preacher and watching from the ground as the shot blew open the priest’s chest cavity.

I think that was the point we attacked the Arbrites, we no longer cared about our lives. The act of shooting at the preacher filled us with hatred so strong that it blocked out everything else. It was all a blur after that, I am told there was a mass uprising against the planetary governor and the nobles. In truth I remember little of that day except for the intense hatred. I am told thousands died that day…… thousands……. Hard to believe that now, that number of deaths doesn’t even provoke a reaction from me. That was the day that we truly learned of the Imperium we blindly served. While we carried out our revolution we didn’t know the same was happening on every city on planet. Similar reports of successful uprisings reached us a few weeks later, all of them happening on the same day! Can you believe that? It was then I began to believe in the gods that were taught to us by the preacher. They were giving us a chance to realize our dream of freedom and we took it.

It was soon after I started believing that we heard reports of a fleet of Imperial ships had entered our system. We had no planetary defense force, having killed many during our uprising but I knew we would fight to the last man for our freedom. It had been at least a month since the initial uprising and now the streets were filled with the priests of the gods. They began to form a society of the faithful to fight back against the soldiers that were no doubt on those ships, ready to kill us or take our freedom. I of course signed up immediately.

We were allowed to arm ourselves from the PDF’s local armories and bases. I still remember my joy when I picked up a chainsword and a pistol to use in the coming war. I remember feeling an attachment like these weapons were a part of me. Now this is almost literally true, ironic isn’t it? so here we are, our cities burning and our people slaughtered by those who wish to take our freedom. This is why we fight, why we cannot loose, for the glory of the gods we will win.

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
Re: Price of freedom- Backround to my renegade guard army
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2012, 10:16:43 AM »
I sincerely hope that those preachers were orks in disguise, and that the people you are talking about were simply enslaved Diggas  ;)

Nicely written, however not orky enough. So, are the gods that you speak of Gork and Mork?  ::)
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline Kogtoof

• Mek Boy
  • WotW-Ork Elite: Mekboy with Big shoota
  • Armies: Da Orkz
« Reply #2 on: November 4, 2012, 02:23:25 PM »
its not an ork story unfortunatly, Its a story about my Renegade Guard army based on the Sons of Sek.

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
« Reply #3 on: November 5, 2012, 08:57:19 AM »
Yes, I got that, but I was just doing a little constructive teasing  ;D
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak