News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1K Son/ Dreadnaught question.  (Read 2190 times)

Offline Carni-Kang

• Cute? I'll show you cute....
1K Son/ Dreadnaught question.
« on: April 8, 2011, 02:10:27 AM »
We all know of the Rubric of Ahriman, and the brothers of the Thousands Sons being turned to dust if they had little or no psychic powers, but what of their entombed brethren in the Dreadnaughts?
Did they retain their bodies and autonomy as 'living' Thousand Sons, or were they reduced to dust and remain silent like their Rubric Marine counter-parts?

And if the latter is true, would they still need a Sorcerer to lead them effectively?

This is all fluff talk, no game mechanics and such. Feed-back would be appreciated. Thanks.
"I saw Luscius get eaten by a Hive Tyrant. Haven't seen him since."  Ahriman of the Thousand Sons

Offline Bumbles

• I supported No'Akei and all I got was this silly title
Re: 1K Son/ Dreadnaught question.
« Reply #1 on: April 8, 2011, 06:51:46 PM »
Logically, it did affect them, as they were living Astartes (almost living that is). However, I don't recall anything being said about it. With the rise of the "Wraithseer" from Forgeworld (that is, an Eldar dreadnought equivalent that's a psyker) I suspect we'll be seeing Sorceror 'noughts in the none too distant future as well.

Offline Deloth Vyrr

• Death is my Meat, Terror is my Wine!
« Reply #2 on: April 8, 2011, 10:45:51 PM »
We all know of the Rubric of Ahriman, and the brothers of the Thousands Sons being turned to dust if they had little or no psychic powers, but what of their entombed brethren in the Dreadnaughts?
Did they retain their bodies and autonomy as 'living' Thousand Sons, or were they reduced to dust and remain silent like their Rubric Marine counter-parts?

And if the latter is true, would they still need a Sorcerer to lead them effectively?

This is all fluff talk, no game mechanics and such. Feed-back would be appreciated. Thanks.

There isn't any official fluff on 1k sons dreads, but there's no reason that the nearly dead marine inside the dread wouldn't be affected by the rubric. So logically if it was a Joe Schmoe in the dread, he'd get dusted, if it was a powerful sorc he might live (although he might not, seeing as he's not that far from death to begin with)

Offline Carni-Kang

• Cute? I'll show you cute....
« Reply #3 on: April 9, 2011, 12:08:47 AM »
Your replies are appreciated, though the rest of my questions remain standing.

Would the 'Rubric Dread' work like the Marines, as opposed to a normal Chaos Dreadnaught, which is a ragging mad beast that's kept chained to the ships' walls when not in battle?

The idea of a Chaos Dread with psychic powers would fit the 1k Sons, and also give a bit more flavor to the Dreads. Not that they aren't full of it....
"I saw Luscius get eaten by a Hive Tyrant. Haven't seen him since."  Ahriman of the Thousand Sons

Offline Deloth Vyrr

• Death is my Meat, Terror is my Wine!
« Reply #4 on: April 9, 2011, 01:29:14 AM »

Would the 'Rubric Dread' work like the Marines, as opposed to a normal Chaos Dreadnaught, which is a ragging mad beast that's kept chained to the ships' walls when not in battle?

The idea of a Chaos Dread with psychic powers would fit the 1k Sons, and also give a bit more flavor to the Dreads. Not that they aren't full of it....

Aye, space marine Dreads would better represent a 1k sons dread, the current chaos dread rules don't really fit at all

Offline Koval, Master Verispex

• 40kOnline's Care Bear of Tanks | The Velvet Glove of Fated Tenderness and Ambition
  • Ancient
  • Well, that was unexpected...
  • Armies: Imperial Guard (Indelvian 190th Mechanised)
« Reply #5 on: April 9, 2011, 12:22:25 PM »

There's so much that could go wrong with Dreadnoughts and the Rubric interacting with each other, and the mind deteriorating over ten thousand years, that it honestly doesn't matter. You could even claim that its weapons are manifestations of sorcerous energy or something else equally absurd. It's Tzeentch and therefore doesn't make a difference.