News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Three way Eldar, Necron and Space Marines  (Read 1998 times)

Offline Silent_runner

• Powergamer
Three way Eldar, Necron and Space Marines
« on: September 3, 2002, 08:12:36 AM »
A three way 40k battle was fought between the Eldar, Necrons and Imperial Marines. The battle was fought on a table roughly 8x6 with a central rectangular ruin surrounded by hills and woods. The mission was a take and hold, the objective being the central ruin.

Farseer O’Reed reviewed his Iyanden forces:
1 Farseer with 1 Warlock
1 Falcon Tank
1 Fire Prism Tank
5 Wraith Guard with 1 Warlock
1 Wraith Lord
1 Warp Spider Exarch with 5 Warpspiders
2 squads of three Shining Spears
15 Guardian defenders including a Weapon Platform with a Warlock
He communicated his plan: “It is important to keep the objective in mind. The Guardians and the Warp Spiders will advance directly in the centre and take the ruins. The Wraith Lord and Wraith Guard will take on the Marines anticipated on our right. The armour will take position behind a hill on our left to deal with the Necrons.”

The Necron army consisted of:
1 Necron Lord
6 Immortals
2 squads of 15 Necron Warriors
3 Wraiths
3 Destroyers
1 Heavy Destroyer
6 Flayers
2 Tomb Spiders
The Necrons plan was the usual: “Harvest all life.”

The Force Commander of the Desert Falcons Drop Commando Chapter of the Space Marines gave his malfunctioning Locator a shake, mentally assigning extra duties to the company tech-marine. His Forces consisted of:
Force Commander with 9 Terminators
10 Assault Marines
9 Devastators with 4 Lascannon
7 Devastators with 3 Missile Lauchers
2 Speeders
2 squads of four snipers and a sergeant
He was planning a drop capsule assault and would steer the capsules in according to the deployment of the enemy. The location of the objective was programmed into his Locator.

The Eldar moved first and moved onto the board unopposed.

The Necrons moved on with Wraiths, Tomb Spiders, Immortals, Heavy Destroyer and the Lord on the right, Warriors in the centre, and Flayers and Destroyers on the right.

The Marines did not arrive on turn 1.

Turn 2:
The Eldar moved forward, firing long range weaponry at the Necrons, who were all to regenerate except a Tomb Spider.

The Necrons advanced, but had no targets as yet. The Lord and Immortals teleported to the edge of the ruins.

The Marine drop pods and one speeder all arrived. The Force Commander directed Terminators and Assault Marines next to the ruins behind the Necron Lord. Their destructive fire scythed down most of the Lord’s squad. The snipers were directed to a position where they could fire upon the Wraith Guard from behind a hill. Unfortunately the malfunctioning locator had them emerge from their pods in direct view of virtually the entire Eldar army. The two devastator squads were directed behind the hill where the Eldar armour was skulking. The missile squad landed safely and reasonably accurately, but the locator struck again, sending the larger Devastator squad to a small fish cannery on the far side of the planet.

The next turn the Eldar wiped out the Necron Lord and his squad, and with no Necrons near they were unable to regenerate. They then dished out much damage to the Marine snipers and missile troops.

The Necrons advanced slowly, destroying some Warp Spiders with long range fire.

The Marines’ missiles now destroyed the Eldar Fire Prism, before being wiped out themselves. The Force Commander lead his troops into the heart of the Necron army where his locator informed him the objective was. The remaining Skimmer joined the Devastators at the fish cannery.

The Eldar Guardians and Shining Spears quietly occupied the ruins, baffled as to why they were meeting no resistance from the elite Terminators. The Wraith Guard destroyed all but one of the remaining snipers.

The Necrons advanced slowly. Their Wraiths were now in a position to assault the Farseer and his Warlock, and did so, killing the Warlock and wounding the Farseer, losing a Wraith in return.

The Force commander now realised the navigation error and lead his Terminators back towards the ruins in a race against time. The assault marines became embroiled in a melee with the flayers and a warrior squad.

All the Eldar heavy firepower that could bear now attempted to cut down the Terminators, only the Commander, the Sergeant and one Terminator making it into the ruins, where they killed the remains of the warp spiders and one squad of Shining Spears. The marines then furiously assaulted the Eldar Guardians, who attempted to fall back but were caught and butchered. The only squad above half strength in the ruins was now the remaining Shining Spear squad, and as the end of the battle arrive that was enough to clinch an Eldar victory.

Extract from the Imperial Gazette: “Tech-Marine Lugar Kakhand was last week summarily executed by his Force Commander for dereliction of duty. His chapter, the Desert Falcons Drop Commando, have withdrawn to their Chapter-House for a period of retraining and recruitment.”
"Powergamers of the world unite, you have nothing to lose....." end of quote - that's it - you just have nothing to lose - so go out and win everything just to tee off all the "Yoghurt Weavers".

Offline Belgarion85

• CHECK OUT MY HOMEPAGE!
    • My homepage!!!
Re:Three way Eldar, Necron and Space Marines
« Reply #1 on: September 3, 2002, 11:16:39 AM »
Long, yes.
Good, yes
I guess you did a good job writing this, and its fun to take part in other players battles. Something I rarely see (If i ever have) is a battle report made by the team that lost. I would be very happy to see that and to take part of the experience of that match. something to think about ?  ;)
just an idea. Anyhow, good job!
"A Traitor can never be forgiven. A Traitor will never find peace in this world or the next. There is nothing as wretched or as hated in all the world as a Traitor."

Offline Silent_runner

• Powergamer
Re:Three way Eldar, Necron and Space Marines
« Reply #2 on: September 3, 2002, 11:53:41 AM »
Thanks for the kind words - I'll pass them along! I can't take credit for it though, I was the winner on this one, but my friend Richard writes much better battle reports (and he knocked this one out 3 hours after the end of the fight because "i was tired of waiting for you to do it"!)
"Powergamers of the world unite, you have nothing to lose....." end of quote - that's it - you just have nothing to lose - so go out and win everything just to tee off all the "Yoghurt Weavers".