News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Ebon the Unifier new FAQ list  (Read 2077 times)

Offline BoyWonder

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Ebon the Unifier new FAQ list
« on: May 5, 2018, 10:03:21 PM »
++ Vanguard Detachment +1CP (Chaos - Chaos Space Marines)

Legion: Night lords

+ HQ +

Chaos Lord [5 PL, 88pts]: Combi-bolter, No Chaos Mark, Power fist

+ Troops +

Chaos Cultists [6 PL, 80pts]: 20 Chaos Cultist w/ Autogun, Cultist Champion: Autogun

+ Elites +

Chaos Terminators [14 PL, 255pts]: No Chaos Mark
. Chaos Terminator Champion: Combi-plasma, Power axe
. Terminator: Combi-plasma, Power axe

Chosen [7 PL, 95pts]: No Chaos Mark
. Chosen Champion: Chainaxe, Combi-bolter
. Chosen w/ Chainaxe, Combi-bolter

Hellforged Predator [12 PL, 195pts]: Twin lascannon, 2x Lascannon

+ Heavy Support +

Hellforged Land Raider Proteus [19 PL, 395pts]: Accursed Phylactery, 2x Twin lascannon, Twin lascannon

Hellforged Land Raider Proteus [19 PL, 395pts]: Accursed Phylactery, 2x Twin lascannon, Twin lascannon

++ Total: [113 PL, 1988pts] ++

Good afternoon this army is designed to punish the enemy at a distance and deny alpha strikes. The new faq crippled turn 1 alpha strikes, however using 2 land raiders with accurse phylactery will make it even more difficult for the enemy to deepstrike. I still have a 20 man cultist squad to guard my predators. The Terminators are a counter unit able to be rapidly deployed to deal with a current threat. In an earlier list I planned to have a sorcerer to cast warp time but the FAQ took care of that as well. The two 5 man squads of chosen are cheap objective grabbers Combi boleters to put out a nice amount of shots for a 5 man unit and the chainaxe the give plus 1 minus 1 ap. I hope this is a solid list because I plan to outsource the modeling and painting of the army.

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
Re: Ebon the Unifier new FAQ list
« Reply #1 on: May 6, 2018, 08:15:35 AM »
What are you planning on doing with the list? Is it for pick up games, or event play?

If the latter, I'd probably not rely on forge world so much, as a decent amount of events don't allow it.

I'm going to assume you built this army for tournament play, so my advice will be entirely based on making this army stronger in that context.

In regards to that. Why take hellforged predators, when the codex ones have the same weapons?

I can see your deadset on Vanguard, but with the change to the command benefits on battalions, it's crazy to not build your army around that detachment. You'll want the command points too.

As for the Proteus, it's 'interceptor' ability isn't that great, and in competitive games, most armies can kill two raiders turn 1 or two. I just went to a 5 round tournament last weekend with two custodes land raiders, and neither made it past turn 2, and they are tougher to kill then the Proteus. I'd probably drop both. If you want a solid forge world unit, the leviathan with autocannons is amazing. I'd probably drop both raiders, take a leviathan, and then add in units to flesh out the army to a battalion. Definitely a sorcerer, so you can get a death hex in the army.

In regards to the chosen, combi-bolters are good. But, one thing I saw that worked really well, for probably the same cost, is three man biker squads, where each model has an extra combi bolter. That's 6 combi-bolters, on a faster tougher platform. Great for screen clearing, and has the speed to get into rapid-fire range. I'd consider that, instead of chosen on foot, as chosen are fairly lackluster.

The Lord, I think should be geared in a way to help units with his re-rolls. I'd probably give him a jump pack, so he can deepstrike with the terminators, or keep up with the bikes. If those terminators are going to overcharge the plasma, you'll want re-rolls nearby.

Plasma terminators, predators, and cultists are always good. I personally am a fan of the predator autocannons for the 3 damage, but I can 100% see the value of the twin-las.

Anyway, I hope this helps a bit.

The top dog in tournaments right now post faq, is probably still Ynnari eldar, so I'd watch out for that. Big unit of shinning spears, 15-20 dark reapers and misc support.

Guilliman gunlines are still strong too.

I see a lot of astra millitarum army's with 2-3 shadowswords as well.

The other top abusive lists (obliterators spam, tyrant spam, and pox walker farm), are now thankfully illegal.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline BoyWonder

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Re: Ebon the Unifier new FAQ list
« Reply #2 on: May 7, 2018, 08:26:03 PM »
++ Vanguard Detachment +1CP (Chaos - Chaos Space Marines) [39 PL, 559pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Legion: Night Lords

+ HQ [5 PL, 88pts] +

Chaos Lord : Combi-bolter, No Chaos Mark, Power fist

+ Troops [6 PL, 60pts] +

Chaos Cultists: 14x Chaos Cultist w/ Autogun, No Chaos Mark
. Cultist Champion: Autogun

+ Elites [28 PL, 411pts] +

Chaos Terminators [14 PL, 221pts]: No Chaos Mark
. Chaos Terminator Champion: Combi-bolter, Power axe
. Terminator [47pts]: Chainfist, Combi-bolter
. Terminator [38pts]: Combi-bolter, Power axe
. Terminator [47pts]: Chainfist, Combi-bolter
. Terminator w/ Heavy Weapon: Power axe, Reaper autocannon

++ Vanguard Detachment +1CP (Chaos - Chaos Space Marines) [5 PL, 76pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Legion: Night Lords

Exalted Champion [5 PL, 76pts]: Combi-bolter, No Chaos Mark, Power sword

+ Elites [42 PL, 570pts] +

Hellforged Sicaran [14 PL, 190pts]: Heavy bolter
. Heavy bolters: 2x Heavy bolter

+ Heavy Support [38 PL, 790pts] +

++ Total: [124 PL, 1995pts] ++

This was my latest iteration of the list. If I get rid of the land raiders I get rid of 12 lascannon shots that us a big blow to my long ranged capabilities. I also will lose transport for my chosen squads.

Upgrade points costs removed.  Please avoid posting individual upgrade costs, as it's against the forum rules - Iris.
« Last Edit: May 8, 2018, 04:44:56 AM by Irisado »