News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: "First the Gate. Then the Palace"  (Read 2085 times)

Offline Cheexsta

• Aksho Kharneth Akhash!
"First the Gate. Then the Palace"
« on: October 1, 2002, 09:54:52 PM »
In the September WD (Asia-Pacific, dunno about any of the others), there was a small preview of the new Codex, with a short passage describing the Chaos Legions combining yadda yadda yadda, probably for the 13th Black Crusade.

But, at the end of the passage, there are six words; First the Gate. Then the Palace. What could this mean? The Crusade isn't necessarily in the entire Segmentum Pacificus, as was rumoured? My personal interpretation is that Abaddon intends to take Cadia ("Gate": the Cadian Gate?), to allow a safer passage towards Terra ("Palace": sorta obvious).

Anyone else have an opinion on this?
W00t for updated avatar and sig...

Footslogger World Eaters wins/losses for 2004 (>1000pts)

W: 9
D: 2
L: 6

Win rate: 53%

Tournament Skull Count: 242.

Offline SparqMan

• Pimpmaster General
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Read the Codex.
    • The Daily Jolt
Re:"First the Gate. Then the Palace"
« Reply #1 on: October 1, 2002, 10:10:34 PM »
Yeah, I'd read it that way. The campaign next summer will involve the Cadian Gate, and of course Abbaddon will be aiming for Terra this time.

Another way, if you want to be historic, is to think of it as the Palace on Terra with it's gigantic gate (the place of the huge conflict in during the Heresy).

Offline Insidious Heresy

• General, Hero of Medusa V
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #2 on: October 1, 2002, 11:12:29 PM »
he is referring to the cadian gate, as even if he does have the ultimate goal of the palace on terra (which is what he refers to as the palace), he is samrt enough to know that he must first take the cadian gate before anything further will happen

Offline Tichondrius

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: October 2, 2002, 01:29:48 PM »
Aren't the platic cadians coming out at the same time as the eye of terror codex?  That would lead one to believe they're talking about the cadian gate.

Klarsh Voxiz

« Reply #4 on: October 2, 2002, 04:33:01 PM »
Firstly, 'the Gate' could be the Cadian Gate, but I reckon it is the 'Gates of Varl', an area heavily assosiated [sp?] with the C'Tan, which would lead to a Chaos/Necron showdown. It could also be the Lion's Gate spaceport, which is linked to the Holy Palace, like the Eternity Wall. Also, 'the Palace' could be, wait, IS, the Holy Palace on Terra, home of the Golden Throne, ergo, home of the false Emperor.

Offline Kraf

• A Beautiful Sickness
« Reply #5 on: October 2, 2002, 05:25:53 PM »
as i understand it, he plans to take on terra once again. Ha Ha! The time has come! MMMMMMMOOOOHHHH HAHAHAHA!
)@)
IF THEY BLEED, WE CAN KILL THEM

Hellbard Kraf, former Chosen of Nurgle, and escaped slave of the Imperium.

Offline Bezerker

• Blood for the Blood God!
« Reply #6 on: October 2, 2002, 08:16:28 PM »
This could easily be our chance to win. I mean there are lots of what ifs, but what if us chaos players won by a mightly big victory? ( YOu know like 75% to 25% ) GW would almost have to change something about the fluff or so because we crushed the Imperium so bad. Also, think Gates of Val? I know it's Necrons but for what reason? Chaos has a chance to crush the Imperium and they go for Necrons? I say to us all we take up our arms and prepare to wage war!
The Throne was a mile high. Constructed of ancient brass and bare, bone white skulls. A river of blood twisted around it and followed down a long brass road to meet the throne. The place was lite only from the white hot fire which erupted from time to time, a evil forge. As I approached the top I lo

Offline Insidious Heresy

• General, Hero of Medusa V
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #7 on: October 2, 2002, 11:44:16 PM »
statistics wise it is going to be a tie, any of you that paid attention in high school or even middle school math should know that if any large numbers of data on the chance factor (such as counting heads or tails by flipping a coin) will end up at around 50% each.. give or take for each. that is what happened with the Armageddon3 campaign.. large amounts of numbers with wins and losses for each just averaged at 50% each team which is what GW is probably planning on.  They would not change the fluff of the game just because of the campaign.... why should they change what has stood for longer than the target group of customers have?.... the 40k fluff is almost a seperate subject to the boardgame... fluffwise it only took 20 deathwatch marines to clear out a spaceport full of orks yet this is nearly impossible in the game...

Offline SparqMan

• Pimpmaster General
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Read the Codex.
    • The Daily Jolt
« Reply #8 on: October 3, 2002, 10:03:20 AM »
Well of course there is a separation of game and fluff. Let me know the next time you can do the cool stuff they show characters doing during the cutscenes of games. =)

Klarsh Voxiz

« Reply #9 on: October 3, 2002, 04:53:46 PM »
I've got it! They go to the Gates of Varl, and awaken Void Dragon and Outsider to help them with the assualt on Terra. This would mean rules and models for these C'Tan, plus some kick-ass fluff. That's got to be a good thing, right?