News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: ArmyList Help  (Read 325 times)

Offline Anti-Win

ArmyList Help
« on: March 5, 2008, 06:43:47 PM »
Well im starting off my army and not sure what to use as a line up in my chaos army. Im thinking of just geting the battle force.

Any tips or suggestions for what would be good to use to help get a feel for the game and army. I know im mostly going to be fighting Necrons, Nids, and Tau if thats any help.
I Never Said I Was Nice

Offline Sanctjud

• No one cares about Sanctjud's post count | Infinity Circuit
  • Absolute Chaos and SOLAR PUPPY
Re: ArmyList Help
« Reply #1 on: March 5, 2008, 10:37:18 PM »
Well, you need 2 troops and a HQ, so that's where you will start.

I suggest a Daemon Prince with wings, and 2 squads of 8 plague marines with champ + fist, and assorted special weapons. Like:

Daemon Prince, Wings, Mark of Nurgle.
8 Pm's, 2 Plasma
8 Pm's, 2 Plasma
8 Pm's, Champ + Fist, 2 Meltas
2 Oblits
2 Oblits
Total: 992/1000 points.

Simple and effective IMO.

It's a strong infantry base, and a beefy CC character, with some cover fire.

After that, you add onto the army other areas you will need, like anti-tank, anti-infantry, speed units, counter-attack units, assault units, etc. etc.

So, for cover fire, I then suggest obliterators, havocs.
For support for the army in general, raptors geared for cc are awesome, and zerkers are great in CC as well.

If you want to go Vehicle, you can give Rhino's to the PM's and fill out in the Hvy with those vehicles there.

Obviously, if you are every in doubt after adding Obliterators, MORE TROOPS IS BETTER, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS.

7 Cents from the 2007 Chaos Poster of the Year.
If you meet a bear named Sanctjud in the tavern, don't get into his van for candy.  I did once....it's sticky, salty, and really not very nice. :(
Raptor Jesus will get you Tangi... oh he will.

Offline Anti-Win

Re: ArmyList Help
« Reply #2 on: March 6, 2008, 09:32:13 AM »
Many Thanks. I was thinking of something along those lines with a mix of PM and CSM but oblits didnt even cross my mind lol.

I know for sure im going to need to beef up an anti tank role as my Crone friend like's to play monoliths. Though that also highly cuts down his troop amount and should be able to phase out. But still 3 monoliths are scary in a 1k point game lol.

I Never Said I Was Nice