News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Any Suggestions?  (Read 1998 times)

Offline Chaos_Lord_Cypher

• Death To The False Emporer!
Any Suggestions?
« on: August 5, 2002, 11:17:26 PM »
im thinkin of gettin a CSM army do u guys have any suggestions? and this is my army list for the CSM army

(12) Khorne Berzerkers, four (4) Chaos Space Marine Bikes, one (1) Chaos Rhino, ten (10) Chaos Space Marines , one (1) Chaos-Lord , three (3) obliterators ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :o :P ;) :D
------------>>>Death To The False Emporer<<<------------

Offline SparqMan

• Pimpmaster General
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Read the Codex.
    • The Daily Jolt
Re:Any Suggestions?
« Reply #1 on: August 6, 2002, 01:47:18 AM »
Welcome to the Chaos fold, "Cypher". =)

You have a good start of an army.

The Berzerkers give you a hard hitting close combat squad, and I recommend that you give them the Rhino so that they may reach the ranks of the enemy with great haste...and toss your powerful Chaos Lord into the rhino with the Berzerkers. Be sure to field them in a unit of eight, the blessed number of Khorne. Use the extra four to began forming a second unit, or to convert into a retinue for the Lord. The Bikers will provide some solid firepower, but they are more fragile than they look, so use them carefully. The squad of twisted Chaos Space Marines will also provide decent firepower, especially against weak infantry (like the puny Eldar or the wimpy Imperial Guard!). The most firepower, however, will come from your blessed Obliterators! Let their massive weapons destroy the enemy.

From the looks of it, your army can greatly benefit from a boost in power armored Space Marines. Field at least one or two more units of Chaos Space Marines before you purchase anything else.

From there on, you need to decide if you want an Undivided army, or if you will dedicate your conquests to one of the Unholy Quartet.

If Khorne calls out to you, add another Berzerker Squad and some Bloodletters. If you feel the rot of Nurgle on your skin, a unit of nigh indestructable Plague Marines with some Nurgle Infested Rhinos would do well. If the Lord of Change, Tzeentch, speaks to you from his web of fate, then a squad of machine-like Thousand Sons and a powerful Sorceror would be a good start. Finally, if the Dark Prince of Chaos, Slaanesh, if your style...a unit of new Daemonettes and a mind-devastating team of Noise Marines will bring you great pleasure.

« Reply #2 on: August 6, 2002, 02:46:38 AM »
Thank You 4 ur reply SparqMan ill do that i was thinkin of Nurgle or Tzeentch what do u think or any1 else?

Offline SparqMan

• Pimpmaster General
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Read the Codex.
    • The Daily Jolt
« Reply #3 on: August 6, 2002, 02:55:34 AM »
Both Nurgle and Tzeentch can produce powerful armies, but again you are faced with a decision. You can devote your army fully to one of them, or leave it a little more open ended. In other words, you could use an Index Astartes army (Death Guard or Thousand Sons army list, respectively), which would limit your unit selections but confer other bonuses upon you, or you could play a Codex army that is themed with your God.

The choice is yours and really depends on your style of play. A devoted Death Guard based army can be more fearsome than a Khorne army in close combat, but a Codex army gives you much more tactical flexibility (like fielding regular CSM and Raptors).

My recommendation is that you play around with what you have and just let Chaos take you. Go with your gut...and let your army develop from the miniatures that you like to paint and collect as well as the units that you like to field. If you do this, your army will be fun and satisfying for you no matter what.

« Reply #4 on: August 6, 2002, 03:59:30 PM »
If i were to pick a cult 4 my chaos army where would i find the cult rules??? i know that the army lists r in the codex but is there a different place to find cult rules?
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Dark Nick

• quote "ALL IS DUST"
« Reply #5 on: August 6, 2002, 04:18:33 PM »
The rules for cult armys are spread out throughout WD.  I know Thousand Sons is in #266 and the World Eaters (Berzerkers) are a few issues bfore that.  It has a picture of the Tau on the cover.  I'm not sure what issues the Death Guard(plague Marines) and Emporers Children (noise marines) are.  I'd like to know about the EC myself.

Offline SparqMan

• Pimpmaster General
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Read the Codex.
    • The Daily Jolt
« Reply #6 on: August 6, 2002, 05:47:25 PM »
Here are the locations of the Chaos Legions' Index Astartes:

WD 255: Children of the Emperor: The Emperor's Children [Slaanesh]
WD 256: Bitter and Twisted: The Iron Warriors [Undivided]
WD 260: Bringers of Darkness: The Night Lords [Undivided]
WD 262: The Chosen Of Khorne: The World Eaters [Khorne]
WD 264: The Lost And The Damned: The Death Guard [Nurgle]
WD 266: Masters of Forbidden Knowledge: The Thousand Sons [Tzeentch]
WD 267: Sons of Horus: The Black Legion [Undivided]
WD 270: Dark Apostles: The Word Bearers [Undivided]

We're still waiting on the Alpha Legion, but they'll be last.

You can also use the trial version (or full if you have it) ArmyBuilder to get the jist of the army lists.

« Reply #7 on: August 6, 2002, 06:27:42 PM »
ive thought of the cult i want the Might Iron Warriors!!!!!!!!w00t!!!!! lol neway ty f4 ur help ;D

« Reply #8 on: August 9, 2002, 12:33:38 AM »
Do u guys have any input or advice to give me b4 i get the chaos army and WD what ever # it is im gettin Army Aug. 15 so hurry wit ur responds if u wanna 1 week left  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :o :o :o :o :o :P :P ::) ::)

Offline SparqMan

• Pimpmaster General
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Read the Codex.
    • The Daily Jolt
« Reply #9 on: August 9, 2002, 01:58:36 AM »
Hm...you've decided on the Iron Warriors, and a good choice they are. Lots of powerful fire power, an interesting combat doctrine, and very little of that Chaos God junk to worry about. =D

Here are some recommendations for a 1500 point army:
-a modest Commander
-2 squads of Veterans...infiltra ting heavy weapons! use them to slow down infantry and light vehicles
-2 squads of CSM armed to be assault units who the Warsmith will go with. Or, if you want to spend the points, use your one Berzerker unit allowed.
-2 more static CSM squads for firebases
-either a Vindicator or a Basilisk (both Corrupted!)
-2 Predators: 1 for anti-tank, 1 for anti-infantry.

That'd be a FIERCE army with a lot of firepower, and a lot of staying power. Here's a practical list using those recommendations...b ut please try your hand at your own list!

1500 pt. Iron Warriors Armylist
HQ
Exalted Warsmith - 117 pts.
- Bolt pistol, Power weapon, Servo arm, Bionics, Spiky Bits, Frag grenades, Mark of Chaos
Undivided

ELITES (or Troops)
6 Veterans - 148 pts.
- Bolters, 2x Heavy Bolter

6 Veterans - 128 pts.
- Bolters, 2x Autocannon

TROOPS
9 Chaos Space Marines - 249 pts.
- Bolt pistols/CCWs, 1x Meltagun
- Incl. Aspiring Champion w/Bolt pistol, power fist, Spiky Bits, Frags, Mark of Chaos Undivided
- Mounted in Chaos Rhino APC w/Extra Armor, Smoke Launchers

9 Chaos Space Marines - 232 pts.
- Bolt pistols/CCWs, 1x Flamer
- Incl. Aspiring Champion w/Bolt pistol, power weapon, Spiky Bits, Frags, Mark of Chaos Undivided
- Mounted in Chaos Rhino APC w/Extra Armor, Smoke Launchers

6 Chaos Space Marnes - 111 pts.
- Bolters, 1x plasma gun, 1x lascannon

6 Chaos Space Marines - 111 pts.
- Bolters, 1x plasma gun, 1x lascannon

HEAVY SUPPORT
Corrupted Vindicator - 128 pts.
- Smoke launchers, Extra Armor

Chaos Predator - 150 pts.
- Twin-linked lascannons (Turret), 2x Lascannons (Sponson)

Chaos Predator - 115 pts.
- Autocannon (Turret), 2x Heavy Bolters (Sponson)