News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Liber Chaotica, Your Chaos Army [Pictures and army background]  (Read 200799 times)

Offline Radec

• Armies: Chaos Daemons, Genestealer Cults (soon, yess soon)
Re: Liber Chaotica, Your Chaos Army [Pictures and army background]
« Reply #660 on: October 19, 2012, 04:12:49 AM »
Here's my Daemon army. I've taken the easy route with it and painted it 99% using washes, inks and drybrush with the exceptions of some freehand drawings and some lining here and there (the idea about washes came from my roommate). All in all I' ve spent a little over a month in part time painting so as a slowa*s painter I'm really proud of myself  ;D . Their bases are not done yet but I've ordered some Anacrhy crystals and Black Battleground basing.

« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 04:25:20 AM by Radec »

Offline Exalted One

• Maker of invisible seams
« Reply #661 on: October 25, 2012, 04:29:36 AM »
Custodes Ignis Sancti, or Keepers of the Sacred Fire, the Blue Eyed Angels. In all, or at least most of, their glory.  :D

EDIT: A little commentary, now that I can spare the time:

Basic metal lord, I did a head swap, and added an older raptor backpack.

A daemon prince, made from a Inquisitor scale navigator model. Plasticard for wings.  ;D

Old dark angel whatnot, turned into my Sorcerer Lord.

Another Prince

Tzeentchian Terminator Lord with Scrolls of Magnus! Uuu! :D (A very old convertion, lucky me.)

Tzeentchian Terminators

Chosen

Converted plague marines. Or at least some of them are converted.

And my Khornate Terminators

Bunch of tacticals and havoc. Huh, I really went nuts there.

Khornate Rhinos, yay for the return of destroyer blades!  :D

Khornate bikers

Some Rhino detail

And the 'zerkers who ride them rhinos.

Thousand sons.

Tzeentchian rhino, for some reason.

My dreadI mean Hellbrutes. Damn. Anyway, other from FW, other a conversion from the loyalist dred.

And my beloved defiler with a unphotoshopped pic with the paper edges still showing.  ;D

« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 05:12:10 AM by Exalted One »
The glass is not half full. If its half full its not my glass. MY glass was entirely full! And bigger!

Offline vonny

• I *LOVE* 40k OFFline!
  • Armies: Tyranids, Lamenters (BA), Eldar (Iyanden), 1k Sons
« Reply #662 on: June 25, 2016, 01:59:20 PM »
so, time to show off some of my models... Thousand Sons!

The Thousand Sons being mostly ghosts and all, I wanted a cold theme, so I used predominantly cold colors and even put some snow on the bases. The obvious egyptian iconography of the Sons also made me use scrolls of text (wisdom, spells, what have you) and drape them on the armour, and perhaps hint a bit at mummies :)

So, without further ado, my two Thousand Sons units:

One of the squads is missing their sorceror, because he's hanging out with Ahriman over here:

Of course, these guys need a pretty ride. I don't think thousand sons would go with all spikey bits everywhere, so I figured out a different way to chaosify the rhino.

I should probably dirty it up a bit more, with battle damage and dirt (maybe some snow in the tracks), but I can't be bothered yet.

I used the same idea on the predator. It's magnetized, so I can fully switch it around in any configuration:

Finally, to round out the heavy support, some obliterators. Since actual oblits don't really fit with the Thousand Sons aesthetic... well, what else has a 2+, 5++, and shoots all kinds of weird weapons? Spellcasting terminators!

Of course, they need something to fight over. Objective marker! I haven't decided yet what to paint on the right page. I was thinking some eldar symbols, maybe for the black library, should I be able to figure that out
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 02:05:04 PM by vonny »
check out my Iyanden painting blog.

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
  • Soñando debajo del arco iris
  • Armies: Administrators must not play 40K
« Reply #663 on: June 25, 2016, 02:05:22 PM »
Vonny you've absolutely got the Thousand Sons to perfection.  That cold blue combined with the green eyes and the gold is just stunning.  They look incredible.

My particular stand outs are the Sorcerer next to Ahriman and the Sorcerer type Obliterators.  The latter in particular is an excellent idea and they look excellent; far superior to GW's Obliterator models.  I like the way you think :).
You haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline dog_of_war

• Aspect Warrior
  • Armies: Orks, Chaos Space Marines, Eldar, Dark Eldar
« Reply #664 on: June 25, 2016, 02:32:28 PM »
Simply beautiful. Great idea with the obliterators. Very unique and fits the theme perfectly. I'm very excited to see where you go with this army.

Offline Cavalier

• One Archon to Rules Test Them All | High Corsair Prince of Painting | Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angels, World Eaters
« Reply #665 on: June 25, 2016, 05:23:21 PM »
This is LEGENDARY. What is this hidden enclave of painting goodness that I've discovered. Dear lord Vonny these are fantastic! Wow the color balance is sick! The yellow and gold (so hard to pull off) and white look sooo good. That pale gold is just phenomenal. Aehriman is particular is a show stopper.

Where did you get these models? Are they FW? I'm working on some 3rd party Thousand Sons at the moment and the models don't look nearly as good...

Anyway, damn Vonny this is just great. Keep up the great work and make sure you keep me posted, I'd hate to have missed this!
Check out my army! Eldar Corsair Army

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline vonny

• I *LOVE* 40k OFFline!
« Reply #666 on: June 25, 2016, 05:55:31 PM »
@irisado: Thanks, I'm really happy with the colors too. That aspiring sorceror is just the standard one a pair of handswaps - it does wonders for the model. And yes, I'm quite happy with the oblits

@dog_of_war: Where I go with this army.... myeh, it's been on hold for a couple of years now, mostly because I didn't know what I wanted to do with them, and I did know what I wanted to do with other armies. Next to the fact that they just aren't that good :P

@Cav: These are just the basic thousand sons from GW, with some greenstuffed scrolls on them. Posing does a ton of work. Ahriman is GW's model, and the oblits are the terminator sorceror kit combined with some dark angels parts from their upgrade sprue and an old metal terminator lord. Oh, and the weapon on the aspiring sorc next to Ahriman is from the old fantasy grave guard kit (vampire counts). The rhino's are just basic with some scratched in lines and greenstuff to make the gold banding.

Offline Wyddr

• Author Eminence: Hereticus Liber Daemonica | Fio'shas Shi
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • My blog about SF/F stuff
  • Armies: Daemons, Imperial Fists, Tau, Ksons, Vostroyans
« Reply #667 on: June 27, 2016, 01:18:16 PM »
Gorgeous army, Vonny. They put my beat up old Ksons to shame, no lie.

Offline 0verKill_235

• Greasing tank treads with xeno filth since 2005.
« Reply #668 on: June 30, 2016, 04:36:53 PM »
I really like that marble effect on your alter Vonny. And that blue blending on your troops and vehicles is great. This motivates me to post some recent pictures of my chaos army.
Death before Dismount!

Offline vonny

• I *LOVE* 40k OFFline!
« Reply #669 on: July 1, 2016, 03:08:02 AM »
yay for inspiring people!

Offline Dread

• Warlock
  • Voidraven, the stone skipping across the universe.
  • Armies: Eldar, DE, Harlis, Necrons,  sisters, Death guard
« Reply #670 on: January 7, 2020, 09:51:01 PM »
Nice colors! Definitely the chaotic colors. The snow gives them the cold dead feel for sure.
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword