News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Help wth Combat Patrol  (Read 462 times)

Offline Gets Hot!

Help wth Combat Patrol
« on: December 3, 2006, 09:26:43 AM »
Hi all, I'm an eldar player, but a friend of mine is starting a new list (tau) for combat patrol, and i wanted something new to play wth. I really like chaos models, so i'm going to build a combat patrol list just to start wth my friend. I REALLY need some help, coz i'm really new wth chaos army.
I'm not going to build a list just to play vs Tau so, here is my first try...

troop

-8 chaos space marines (MoCU, AC (d.Strength p.weapon, frag), 2 plasma pistols, 8 CCW, RHINO (sl, ea)) 227

heavy

-6 havocs (MoCU, 3 autocannons, infiltrate, 3 bolters) 168

total 395

I'm going to buy models, so feel free to suggest any change, but remember i'm going to grow my army, so i would like to use models usefull not only in combat patrol
.:eze:.

Offline Mr.Peanut (Turtleproof)

• Ride Like Lightning, Crash Like Thunder | Infinity Circuit | Pork Sword of Mod-Justice | Took the basket, nuts and lol | Good grief, ye hennie pennies
  • Ancient
  • Turtleposting At The Speed Of SHift
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Eldar, Sigmarines, Chaos, Demons
Re: Help wth Combat Patrol
« Reply #1 on: December 3, 2006, 09:54:35 AM »
It's a nice list.  I would go for Plasma Guns or Melta Guns instead of Pistols, though.  You get a very small bonus from Pistols in having 2 CCWs, but Melta Guns are slightly more powerful and won't melt your own troops.  The only other bonus of the Pistols is being able to stand still and Rapid Fire, but you want to get into assault.  The Power Weapon + Strength has been a personal favorite of mine for a long time, but you may want to consider magnetizing the Champion so that you can switch between Power Weapon and Power Fist.
You are
What you do
When it counts
     -The Masao
"Getting what you want can be dangerous.

Offline Gets Hot!

Re: Help wth Combat Patrol
« Reply #2 on: December 3, 2006, 12:18:36 PM »
ok... i'll try ur way with meltas.
What u think about cut some points around and put a 2nd rhino??
.:eze:.