News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 2k Legions Of Ultiar (Tzeentch)  (Read 1053 times)

Offline -Makenshi-

• I See Stupid People
  • Ancient
2k Legions Of Ultiar (Tzeentch)
« on: January 18, 2006, 12:54:35 PM »
Well, I'm bored, and when I'm bored I come up with army list ideas (although this may be my last one, depending on whether I get into Warmachine or not).

Anyway here's the Tzeentch based (but not actually Tzeentch) army:

HQ
Chaos Lord
Mark Of Tzeentch
Terminator Armour
Dark Blade
Daemonic Strength, Rune, Essence, Resilience & Visage
Close Combat Weapon
Doombolt
Warp Focus
Warp Talisman
=226pts

HQ=226pts

Elite
(x2) 6 Rubric Terminators
=504pts (252/Squad)

Elite=504pts

Troops
(x5) 6 Rubric Chaos Space Marines
=720pts (144/Squad)

Troops=720pts

Heavy Support
(x2) Chaos Dreadnought
Twin Linked Lascannon
Missile Launcher
Corruscating Warp Flame
Mutated Hull
Smoke Launchers
=366pts (163/Dreadnought)

Chaos Dreadnought
Twin Linked Heavy Bolter
Corrusctaing Warp Flame
Mutated Hull
Daemonic Possession
Smoke Launcher
Blasphemous Runes
=183pts

Heavy Support=549pts

Opinions?

~MTWC 
Quote from: IainC
Because spamming the hotkey for a Deathknight's weapon in WoW is precisely the same as learning to use a sword in real life. That's why when Kendo grandmasters fight, they just stand there shouting keystroke combos at each other.

Offline lord_guru32

• Life is but a gateway to eternity
Re: 2k Legions Of Ultiar (Tzeentch)
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2006, 02:28:22 PM »
drop a few upgrades if you can bear to part with them and add a sorcerer to each squad (and while expensive bolt of change is nice), im guessing by your squad sizes that your chosen number is 6 so 5 marines+1 free champ with bolt of chaos i think should fit nicely around 174 pts, that on a few squads + a hail of bolters should down most threats
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with countless aeons even death may die"

Ninja Kirby (>'')>* * * *

Offline -Makenshi-

• I See Stupid People
  • Ancient
Re: 2k Legions Of Ultiar (Tzeentch)
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2006, 03:10:41 PM »
No, chosen number is 9 for Tzeentch, but I'd rather have small squads (they cost a lot).

I don't want to add Sorcerors, costs too many points for something that I feel wont add much, and Bolt Of Change relies on getting close, and with the slowness of the squads I think I'll leave the tank hunted to the 'super-dreads' ;).

Besides, I feel 20 2 wound models for troops and 12 2 wound Termies is enough resilience and hitting power (albeit slow hittign power).

My only concern is the long range Tank Hunters (Tau Railguns for instance), while I'd rather not have to trust the Dreads alone, but the problem is I have little other choice (with a pricey army I don't want to spend more on a Land Raider, and I dislike Preds, especialyl the all out Las ones [as they can rarely use it to full effect]).

~MTWC
Quote from: IainC
Because spamming the hotkey for a Deathknight's weapon in WoW is precisely the same as learning to use a sword in real life. That's why when Kendo grandmasters fight, they just stand there shouting keystroke combos at each other.