My sergeant telion conversion. (Added Belial & Dreadknight)

Started by Bannok, May 2, 2011, 11:33:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bannok

Hey guys I really like sergeant telion so I wanted to make his model out of some leftover scout bits what do you guys think?

I used a scope from the scout by pistol a scout boltgun and a silencer from one of the sniper rifles. I've since changed the model a bit more and added a backpack combat blades ect to the model to make him a little more different. For my dark angels army his weapon is a counts as sniper rifle.

When I get home tomorrow I'll post up recent changes and other basic conversions I did.

Model still requires some green stuff work but for a quick 5-10 minute kit bash I'm quite pleased with how it came out!
If a Farseer can truly predict their varied deaths. Would they not simply pick the one that appeals to them the most?

1-i

The rifle works and for a 'count as model' thats about all that matters.

A paintjob to help him standout in the scout crowd I think will be valuble for this conversion.

live life now cause hell has no cable and heaven plays WAY TOO MUCH elevator music

The Black Dahlia Murder

Pretty good and easy. I like him. Maybe have a few kill rings on his barrel.

Markay

Certainly a good enough counts as model if you make a special effort on his camo cloak when you come to paint him and/or give him a slightly different scheme to the rest of your guys.

He should look like a special character rather than another scout with a different gun. Perhaps do something to represent his scout special rule when you come to paint him.

Bannok

As promised my recent additions to the model.

It makes him just that much more different. I love the scout models. This is all off my iPhone so quality is fairly bad I havnt finished my Belial conversion yet I just need to give him a cloak and it's all done.
If a Farseer can truly predict their varied deaths. Would they not simply pick the one that appeals to them the most?

Rakuall

I think the barrel is a little over the top. It looks too long on a Bolter. Other than that, A model that is beautiful in its simplicity. I especially like the Utility Pack and look forward to seeing your Belial conversion and paintings of both.
"I don't believe in no win scenarios." -Captain James T. Kirk, USS Enterprise - NCC 1701
"Why do you always bother me when I'm drinking?" -Max Milini
"That's a relatively open weave and I can still see your nipular area." -Chandler Bing

My brother, now deceased:
http://keegancrack.deviantart.com/

1-i

With the addition of the backpack it certainly makes an excellent scout model.
Maybe its just the regular scout head that almost makes it look like a plain scout and not Telion.
Regardless it still works and that pack does alot for standout purpose.
live life now cause hell has no cable and heaven plays WAY TOO MUCH elevator music

Bannok

I might swap the head out for a dark angels hooded head the head isn't glued on at them moment. I hate shouting faces so might green stuff a mask.

dark tempestus

I think its awesome man. Maybe if you modeled a beard or something to make him look older out of green stuff.

KrMaH

i don't know about a mask, but a hood and maybe a beard would do miracles...
also, i agree with a previous comment about having a too long gun barrel, try cutting it about midway or 2/3rds and drill two sets of holes at the end of it, i think it would do miracles!
other than that, great looking model!
was it worth it?

Bannok

Okay so heres my dreadknight with my new FW dreadnought and my Belial next to him. belial isn't finished waiting on a chaos lord for his cloak though I don't know if ill put it on. I got my FW dark angels shoulderpads if you're wondering why he doesn't have any yet. I still need to prep them before putting onto the model  ::)

Ill get better pics later for you guys sorry!

Being a complete and utter nooblet with green stuff I sort of just went mad after having an hour or two I sorta snapped and went... STUFF IT! GREENSTUFF FIXES EVERYTHING! After having the legs snap off after positioning.

I will be cleaning up the model once the green stuff hardens I just finished it two hours ago :P

Markay

Quote from: Bannok on May  7, 2011, 08:40:02 AM
I will be cleaning up the model once the green stuff hardens I just finished it two hours ago :P

This will be a very important part of the process as it's looking very heavy on spare bits of GS at the moment. With a bit of patience and a sharp blade and file I'm sure you can clean it up enough though.

I like the idea a lot and I'd say it looks at least 2x better than baby carriage version.  :D

Just wondering, did you use GS to stick pieces together or did you have problems fitting the kits together?

Bannok

The way the legs actually connect to the main body is fairly fragile. You have to be pretty careful as I found it. It's not very thick as with all these things holding them together.

I got extremely frustrated which is why there is large amounts of excess greenstuff. I was just like. BLARGH how do you like greenstuff!

I had to use greenstuff to repose and re-attach the legs.

The kit goes together very well as long as you follow the instructions. Im not sure what to do about the gap underneath the shoulderpads (see 2nd pic down) should be okay.

Ill probably check on it tomorrow or monday to see how it's gone with the GS.

Ill post pictures up once ive cleaned up the model. And ill post pics up of my Venerable dread I did at the same time to keep myself calm. Def have to say the venerable dread is the better of the two :P

Bannok

Hey finished the dreadknight off but I doesn't really look like one anymore haha!

And Belial

Gonna leave his shoulderpads to soak overnight they were covered in the standard FW paint won't go on stuff. (mold release lol?)

ChaplainRobb

Yup, mold release agent!  Overnight isn't necessary.  I always leave things to sit in a tub of room-temperature water with one little squeeze of soap for about an hour or three.  Mix it around some occasionaly.  Then do a quick pass over with an old toothbrush, dunk them in clean water to wash off, then dry.  Always works, I haven't had any problems with my paint flaking.

The Dreadknight is looking toooo sweeeeeet (channeling '90's wrestlers today, apparently...).  Definitely better than the standard.  It's an eclectic mix of bits you've used, but I like it.  I especially like the banner used as a tabard.  Ingenious!

Belial looks great too!  However, you MUST, I repeat MUST, remove all inquisitorial "I"s from the hammer (and anywhere else) if you are actually making a Dark Angels force.  I seem to recall that you were doing counts as, but if it's actual DA you're after, they are the very last chapter that would have anything to do with the inquisition.  But that's just my little two cents, the model still looks great.
The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.  - George Carlin

Check my Blog for the Emperor's Shields at:
http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?blog=14.0

Bannok

Yeah it's going to be a counts as army my mate is starting GK so I'm tying in with the fluff that they have close relations with the GK which is why I have random GK weaponry through the army. Or a dreadknight :p .

Oh didn't even see the I on the hammer! I'll be removing those ASAP :)

Out of curiosity what would be the best way to remove green stiff from tools? Ive never used it before so it's a whole new experience for me.

ChaplainRobb

The only reason I noticed is because on my counts-as-Lysander, I fancied up a regular thunder hammer, and put a little thingamabopper on the face of the hammer to make it stand out.  So it pretty much jumped right out at me and said "Hey there!  Look at me!".
The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.  - George Carlin

Bannok

I find that for dreadnoughts using space marine backpack flags work great as Tabards if you're interested.

I think it makes the models more unique and gives them a but more flavor.

Bits for dreadknight were

Ravenwing battleforce upgrade sprues, venerable dreadnought, greenstuff... , a dreadknight :p , and some bits from dark angel upgrade sprue. The head is made up 75% ravenwing 15% venerable and 10% Dark Angels.

And no I don't think I could ever replicate it ever again.

ChaplainRobb

Ha!  That's great!  The best conversions are always irreplicable.  I think I might go home after work this morning and test out some banners to hide my dreadnoughts' noughty bits (see what I did there?).

Bannok

Yeah it does work really well gives them a whole new look. Though I suggest dry fitting then painting before glueing on it's really hard to paint when it's already glued on.

What should I do to remove greenstuff from my tools? I can't get it off. I've never use it before until now so...

Help!  ;D

Another dreadknight pic;

And pics of my recent venerable with the flag tabard. I think it shifted position when I glued it it doesn't look right. =\