News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Can you have an inquisitor in a Kill Team Strike Force?  (Read 1084 times)

Offline darthvadar

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Can you have an inquisitor in a Kill Team Strike Force?
« on: December 15, 2021, 08:13:37 AM »
Hello,

Just got back to my deathwatch army and discovered that there are new rules in the Octarius book.

That book has added a deathwatch army of renown called Kill Team Strike Force and has the following wording:
"All units in your army must be Deathwatch."

The inquisitor rules wording states:
"If your army doesn't contain any Inquisition detachments, one Inquisitor unit can be included in any other detachment without taking up a slot so long as every unit in your army has the Imperium keyword. That Inquisitor unit does not prevent other units from benefiting from detachment abilities and does not prevent abilities that require every model to have that ability."

Which takes precedence and what would your ruling be regarding including an inquisitor in the army?

Thanks in advance!

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
Re: Can you have an inquisitor in a Kill Team Strike Force?
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2021, 09:05:43 AM »
The Deathwatch Kill Team army of renown takes precedence.

The Inquisitors rules for including in detachments is to not break army abilities (like Chapter Tactics in space marine armies). Armies of Renown are special sorts of armies, and have rigid restrictions in place on how you can build your army.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria