News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Few Questions  (Read 1204 times)

Offline Nemo vas Varya

• Ork Yoof
  • Keelah se'lai
  • Armies: Imperial Guard, Eldar, Dark Angels, and High Elves
Few Questions
« on: October 18, 2012, 01:32:33 PM »
I am thinking about using some Inquisitors and Henchmen for an allies list for my guard... but I have a few questions:

Is it even worth it? Second can I use guardsmen models as henchmen? I don't have the money to go out and buy models, but I like to minimize proxies and just need to know if guardsmen meet the wysiwyg requirements of henchmen, or at least come close. Not asking for rules, just wanting to know the viability before I buy a codex with money I don't really have :-p
Tali: Shepard! Want a drink?

Shepard: So… how are you getting drunk, anyway?

Tali: Very carefully. Turian brandy… tripled filtered and introduced into the suit through this… emergency induction port.

Shepard: That’s a straw, Tali.

Tali: Emergency. Induction. Port.

Offline Guildmage Aech

• FLAMER: Ego Bigger than his Common Sense Centre | 40KO's Care Bear of Spite | Dolphin Death Dealer | 40K Oracle
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Personal text
Re: Few Questions
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2012, 01:59:02 PM »
If you're not interested in using Grey Knights then you're pretty much stuck with Inquisitor Coteaz, as hes the only way to have the required troops without grey knight space marines.

Yes you can use guardsmen as henchmen easily, apart from standard imperial special weapons many people prefer them with boltguns or stormbolters as its cheap effective weaponry. Although if you have a few spare IG and some bolters/stormbolters it's an easy weapon swap.
Rules Expert 2007 | Kijayle Commemorative Award for Acid Wit 2008 | Most Notoriously Valuable Rules Expert 2009 | Most Notorious 2014