News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: LATD 1250 pts PLZ rate...  (Read 833 times)

Offline ---MeSkY---

• it was like that when i got here...........
LATD 1250 pts PLZ rate...
« on: June 5, 2005, 03:52:21 AM »
my army is kinda growing along the lines of:

Arch-heretic with MON, termie armor, plague sword and Daemonic essence(or mutation havent decided yet)

4 Chosen Termies with power fists, 1 chainfist

15 Traitors with agitator w/ power fist, and a missile launcher team

22 Plague Zombies

22 Plague Zombies

5 G. Horde bases (hooray for speedbumps!!!)

3 sentinels, 1 lascannon closed top, and 2 multilasers

a defiler

3 chaos spawn

Im still in the planning stage and would take all advice into consideration!!!
(\_/)
(>.<)
(^ ^)
  _ _      Bunny has wrath. Really. I swear. Much much bunny-induced wrath!!!

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
Re: LATD 1250 pts PLZ rate...
« Reply #1 on: June 5, 2005, 10:40:04 AM »
   looks neat, but be careful with the HQ. the mark of nurgle will hurt anything but him In your army including plage Zombies. I don't know quite much about latD but it the list looks okay to my eye.Though others on the fourm may be able to help more.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline CD

• The Plagued Reaper
  • Ancient
  • :\
« Reply #2 on: June 5, 2005, 11:16:15 AM »
First, what are "G. Horde bases"? I'm assuming you're referring to Nurglings, and if you are, I'll tell you now that they're way more than just speedbumps.

-Lieutenant: Get rid of Plaguesword, add on Manreaper. Much better. Rather than Essence or Mutation take Strength.

-Never take Powerfists in Termies.. always Chainfists, Power Weapons, or Lightning Claws if you've got leftover points with no purpose. I suggest taking your current configuration down to 2 Chainfists and 2 Power Weapons, and you'll save some points.

-The Traitor unit doesn't have to be that big. 10-12 should be more than enough to keep the Missile Launcher alive.

-Take the zombie units down to an even 20 each.

-More Nurglings

Other than that, it looks ok. I'm not at all a fan of Sentinels, but the rest of the list still looks almost like it would work. I'm concerned with your lack of Anti-Tank, and I'd drop the Defiler for some more small (6-8) squads of Traitors with Missile Launchers for more long range support and anti-tank (rather than pinning too many points on a huge, ugly tank that fires in a random fashion and can be destroyed by one hit, which is attracts since people tend to be afraid of them).

Offline Locarno

• Ork Boy
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Could I interest you in a small bribe?
« Reply #3 on: June 5, 2005, 07:10:49 PM »
the mark of nurgle will hurt anything but him In your army including plage

That's nurgle's rot. The mark by itself is harmless.

G.horde - gibbering hordes: essentially nurglings, but without "children of father nurgle" limitations. one of the cultists' nicer options...

You need to buy the heretic a second weapon.....not if you take manreaper, admittedly, but then you lose an attack (yes manreaper gives you a lot, but the 2ccws attack sets you back 1 point...), plus its more points plus it tries to kill you every time you swing the damn thing.....

Plaguesword has it's moments - if you're facing something big that's a single model manreaper is useless

Cut down the zombies and traitors.

At the moment you have most of your points tied up in meat sheilds and nothing to shield.
The terminator retinue can deep strike in, vehicles can't take cover, and nothing else is really a striking unit (so-so for the spawn)

Reccomendations: the diference between ld 10 and fearless is relatively minor when you have numbers to ward off morale checks and such a huge screen . Use scaly mutants rather than zombies (faster) for one unit, add in a marine aspiring champion - who can be made damn hard thanks to the discount for weaponry and daemonic gifts - and a boss with a power fiist (one of the best value characters in the game - he's essentially a daemonhammer-wielding inquisitor lord for 31 points!)

What do you want the defiler for? If you want big gun of doom take a basilisk (cheaper) if you want close assault take more spawn.
(actually look in the forge world books for the giant chaos spawn rules. Cheap monstrous creatures: extremely gribbly)

agree with the 'death. Take many smaller traitor units. Traitors are expensive and naff compered to guardsmen. Use their advantages (smaller min squad sizes and infiltrate) if you want to see any benefit from them.
(you'd also need a second traitor unit to field a basilisk)

Sentinals are fine, but either have lascannons or multilasers within the unit. otherwise you're wasting shots whatever you use them on. If you don't currently have them in one squadron, you should do (traitor tank/fast attack limitations....)

Stories to read....
Songs of Earth
The Will to Survive Series

Tervigon Army List:
Games Played: 35
Termagants expended for the Hive Mind: ~2685

Offline CD

• The Plagued Reaper
  • Ancient
  • :\
« Reply #4 on: June 5, 2005, 10:38:34 PM »
Simply to respond to the Manreaper comments:

a) Even with the Manreaper in its worst condition, you're still getting the same number of attacks as a model with 2 CCWs. Same with being against single models. All you have to do is divvy your attacks between multiple targets when you're fighting something big, and just apply more on the bigger target. If you're fighting a big target without any other targets around, then you need to work on your tactics and not charge big things with your Lord. That's not what he's especially good at (though he kills wraithlords very often when I use mine). And Mastery Rolls mean next to nothing.