News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: "Cheese"  (Read 6506 times)

Offline Strychnine

• I'm Going To Go Find Something To Strike You With
Re:"Cheese"
« Reply #100 on: August 18, 2003, 03:23:14 PM »
too true, Creeping Death. it may just be hard to do so with your type of army (example: orcs VS tau)
but the player who screams CHEESE must find a way to beat it, or leave the hobby.
every army has their own special abilities, and so what is chaos has so much stuff to choose from? its not like its free... we pay the points for it ALL (except maybe Collar of Khorne, even better than Abbadon's item, and we pay piecemeal for it, not that im complaining...)

Drach
You will remember the night you were struck by the sight of ten thousand fists in the air.

Daemon Prince Model: $45
Bloodthirster's Axe Bit: $6
The look on your Dark Eldar opponent's face, when you tell him he doesn't get his 2+ Invulnerable Save...
Priceless.
There are some things Chaos can't kill. For everything else, there's a Dreadaxe(tm).

Offline The Rainmaker

• Up the Irons!
« Reply #101 on: August 19, 2003, 10:52:00 AM »
As an eldar player I've heard loads of stuff about wraithlords being cheesy, but when me and Lorgar went against an ulthwe player yesterday and he took 3 wraithlords, they all died to lascannons by the second turn. After that even the legendary toughness of a fortuned seer council couldn't stand up to us.

This is perfect proof that, while people may be scared of 3 wraithlords, if you take them all out your opponent doesn't have that much of an army any more because he's spent so many points on them. This applies to any other so called cheesy stuff.

And I'd also like to repeat what was said in a WD article about the ultimate WFB (5th edition) army. The winner used about 17 snotling pump wagons, enough shamans to get the entire magic deck by turn 1 and a necromancer lord because they were just hard, plus a large core of boyz etc. He said that, even though it is virtually impossible to beat with any other army, if you put it against it's duplicate it only has a 50/50 chance of winning. This is perhaps an extreme example but it proves that you can beat any army, no matter how good it is.
"Woe to you, oh earth and sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short... Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is six hundred and sixty six."

Revelations ch.XIII v.18

formerly Angron

Offline Gladewalker

• Commissar
  • XO, 38th Infantry Division
« Reply #102 on: August 20, 2003, 10:30:17 PM »
There's always a weakness to every army, provided it's not unbalanced. (ie the "Necron Legion" or "Death Company")

That Space Marine army can be beaten. A few heavy weapon shots and they've no vehicles. Take out the Marines and they can't do a helluva lot with JUST vehicles. They would do horrid against an infantry army for example. An IG army with a few anti-tank squads and meat shields up front wouldn't have much problem with that force I don't think. If I had my Sisters army, they wouldn't even be afraid of the Whirlwind either...

GW
We'll be there when the morning comes!
Screw their minds up with our guns!
We're the last thing they will see!
We're the 98th Reserve Cadian Infantry!