News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 2000Pts of Pleasure  (Read 365 times)

Offline HiveMaster

• Myspace
2000Pts of Pleasure
« on: March 30, 2008, 06:30:55 AM »
Ok, heres my first Slaneesh themed list, im sure it wont win anything but feel free to rip it apart at your will.

HQ

Lucius - 160

Chaos Lord w/ Mark of Slanesh
Demon Weapon, Demonic Steed, Melta bombs  -170

Elites

5 Termies 1 power fist, 1 chainfist
1 reaper cannon mark of slaneesh -215

Chaos dreadnought
autocannon -110

Troops

10 CSM w/ icon of slanesh + rhino 205 pts

10 CSM w/ Icon of slaneesh + rhino  205 pts

9 Noise marines
blastmaster
champ with doom siren + rhino 265 pts (lucius is in with this lot)

Fast atack

5 raptors
icon of slaanesh - 120pts

4 Chaos bikers w/ icon of slaneesh 154 pts

Heavy Support

6 havocs
3 lascannons
3 auto cannons 240 pts

2 obliterators 150 pts

total 1994 Pts so 6 left over, any ideas (and no i dont have a demon prince, but i will aquire one soon (i hope))  ;)
Pen On The Screen. Again!

Offline SpaNNerZ

• Chaos, Panic, Pandemonium - My Work Here Is Done
Re: 2000Pts of Pleasure
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2008, 08:33:32 AM »
aight point one your havocs are illegal
point two dreadies have been seriously.... well not so much nerfed but more dangerous to your army
so drop it not worth the effort

point three termies arent really worth it mark of slaneesh does nothin for the powerfist and chainfist so  id say drop the termies all of them

point four 10 csm alone give them an asp champ + special CCW and a special weapon probably a flamer or 2 for clearing some confined areas

point five drop lucius he does nothin extrememly spech id rather a daemon prince over him any day and u save 5 points

point six add some more raptors like 3 more to make it more worth while as well as some special weapons

point seven drop the bikes again nothin special and arent really great at anything except catching objectives early

point eight again the havocs are illegal and generally u take missile launchers combined with auto cannons add one more havoc to give it more bodies

the oblits are fine

cheers
next time i get drunk will be when im sober!!

Offline Sanctjud

• No one cares about Sanctjud's post count | Infinity Circuit
  • Absolute Chaos and SOLAR PUPPY
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2008, 10:39:33 AM »
HQ's, IMO, you have too many points tied up in here, I suggest only 1 lord and a daemon prince...these guys don't offer too much to the army in general.

Termies only need 1 chainfist, and if they are footslogging then the ICON of slaanesh won't be needed, as ppl will just avoid them easily.

Dread is a 'meh'

CSM's need some special weapons and/or champions with special weapons...otherwise they are a waste.

Noise marines are ok, but escalation would serve to screw up this organization.
IMO, you'd be better with a variety of sonic blasters, blast master is best when stationary...which this squad is most likely NOT to do.

Raptors at this size don't need IoS, they should NOT be in combat, they should have a role, and compliment that role with 2 special weapons... meltas or flamers.

Again the bikers are the same, meltas or flamers, not IoS, not in combat.

Havocs, have to many weapons, 4 is max... usually autocannons would be better, as lascannons are too expensive.

Obliterators are fine.

My 7 Cents.
If you meet a bear named Sanctjud in the tavern, don't get into his van for candy.  I did once....it's sticky, salty, and really not very nice. :(
Raptor Jesus will get you Tangi... oh he will.

Offline BaconTaser

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2008, 11:30:34 AM »
Drop that Chaos Lord for a DP instead, it's a Dreadnought with wings.

Lucius MUST be riding with the noise marines without the blastmaster as they will be countlessly be on the charge and with 2 doom sirens templates could really squash loyalists like flies.