News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Seeking army list for traitor guard.  (Read 492 times)

Offline Yyseth

• Torn from divinity by association
Seeking army list for traitor guard.
« on: September 27, 2007, 07:20:40 AM »
Some friends and I are having a large scale campaign and as part of the storyline we'll be having some traitor guardsmen to ally with the CSM. I'm just not sure what rules to use for them because:
  • LATD is no longer able to function properly with the new codex CSM.
  • The Vraks book from what I've heard uses random morale characteristics.
  • The standard codex Imperial Guard has an organisation not fitting with the storyline.

So I'm not sure what I can do to include traitor guardsmen. Anyone got any ideas or suggestions? All help would be appreciated.
"Defeat is unspoken, a grim propaganda, the essence of war is victory itself."

Offline Heretek

• General Freyberg | Out, damn'd Grot! | Ork Boy
  • Lazerous Penguin
Re: Seeking army list for traitor guard.
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2007, 07:22:05 AM »
If I were you, I'd just use the LatD list in conjunction with the previous Codex. Since it's between friends, not official, it'll be fine.

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2007, 07:32:58 AM »
I've adopted my LatD codex to the new codex and my local games workshop doesn't mind.You will just need to sit down with your buddies and discuss how to affect the changes and so-forth.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Yyseth

• Torn from divinity by association
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2007, 12:22:01 PM »
Does anyone know any more about the options available for the Renegades in IA5? The thing is that I've been thinking a super heavy would go nicely and I'm sure there are gonna be enough points provided I don't have to lay too much infantry and specials on the table. The only must-have vehicles in the force are 2 leman russ battle tanks and a basilisk, everything else is optional. If I could find out more about the organisation of it I'd be pretty happy methinks.
"Defeat is unspoken, a grim propaganda, the essence of war is victory itself."