News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 3 questions (kinda nubish but im new yo) misdirect, instant kill, wound  (Read 589 times)

Offline schizo omnibus

1) i wanted to know if when using the misdirect ability of the deciver whether or not there is any regrouping effects (such as counting as having moved already or somthing).

2) i was playing my friend and he had a shooting chaos army with a number of capable weapons, he shot my scarabs with weopons that were easily double strength and i thought that since wounds have to be place on one unit when possible that the 3-4 wounds from on of his havoc/obliterators would be dealt to as few units as posible meaning 1-2 scarabs would die. however he thought that since they each instant kill they would all be seperated between the scarab models. i wanted to know whether or not instant kill wounds are still done on as few model as possible or if they are seperated

3) last question, the most noobish one of all, is about the term "wound" used in many abilities including lightening field and thunder hammer. does "wound" refer to a wounding hit that is unsaved or does it refer to any wounding hit(saved or not).

if you could answer any of these questions it would really help.... i know they arnt totally necron based but i didnt want to make 3 seperate threads so yea.... thanks for the help

Offline myles

• Lazerous Penguin
  • This is my game face
For question one, no there are not any other effects. You make a fall back move, but have not actually fallen back or anything, so he moves and acts as normal in his turn.

For question two read page 27 of the BGB. Multiple bases are removed. A good way to think of it is that dead models cannot have wounds allocated to them, and as a model suffering from instant death is removed, the rest of its wounds do not matter and so other hits must be allocated to other models.

For question three (in regards to the lightning field anyway) check the necron FAQ on GW's website.

As far as a more general answer, there really isn't a clear one. There was a thread about T-hammers on R&Q a while ago, and the conclusion was that if it talks about a hit that wounds then it doesn't matter if the wound is saved or not, but if it talks about wounds inflicted then only unsaved wounds count. That discussion was really only intended for T-hammers though, so I wouldn't take it as law. It's something best discussed before the game IMO.

« Last Edit: April 26, 2007, 11:41:57 AM by myles »
The first problem is the creation of meaningless e-personas. Such personas are undesirable because they lead users to prejudge a post and its content based on their impressions of the author. One is predisposed to criticize a perfectly legitimate comment or praise a stupid one simply because of preconceived notions about who wrote it. Anonymous posting avoids this situation by removing identity from the post, making any praise or criticism directed solely at the content.