News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Necrons here I come!  (Read 628 times)

Offline Plague Tower of Nurgle

• Ork Boy
  • My troops are protected by "Nurgley Goodness"
    • Northeast Gamers Hub
Necrons here I come!
« on: February 22, 2007, 06:03:07 PM »
I have been interested in NEcrons a few years now and was thinking about them again after i started my Tyranid army ( still WIP). I was somewhat skeptical because of the upcoming codex and the high cost of immortals. I then saw the new DA stuff and fell in love, but yet still got excited every time i came over to the Necron side of the forums. Sooo I broke down and broke my wallet and got both the DA Battleforce and the Necron Battleforce + a Destroyer Lord. I just want enough to play combat patrols & small games with.

I have a few ideas for how i want to paint my army or atleast different looks. I really love the way the destroyer lord looks altho a bit too clean for my likes the red is amazing tho.

http://store.us.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.us?do=List_Models&code=300847&orignav=10&GameNav=10

i have a great idea for my monolith tho.. will see how that turns out :D
legion of sickness
lord of misery
after my death I rise in immortality
unleashing the horror my words are infected
feast on my rot
I am resurrected

resurrection of the rotten
resurrection of the dead

Offline Tyranid_Wannabe

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Es ist ein schönes Schiff
Re: Necrons here I come!
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2007, 12:22:44 AM »
Well if your only going to have a small necron army I suggest a combat patrol army as you will be able to fit more variety in it then a 500pt. You would have enough in the battleforce to make a 750pt army straight off if you buy a lord. Necrons in 500pts aren't too good because you have to spend 460pts on compulsory units; lord and 2 warrior units.

Heed my wisdom, ignore my ignorance

Offline chaos lord matt

• "Are none of you worthy of your reputation?"
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2007, 01:00:22 AM »
umm i keep hearing but i wondered what is a combat patrol?

Offline Tyranid_Wannabe

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Es ist ein schönes Schiff
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2007, 05:05:35 AM »
Combat patrol is a 400pts battle however there are different rules then normal- no 2+ armour saves, no 3 wounds etc. The rules can be found in either the BGB or on the net somewhere, hopelessly posted somewhere on the GW site.
Heed my wisdom, ignore my ignorance

Offline Plague Tower of Nurgle

• Ork Boy
  • My troops are protected by "Nurgley Goodness"
    • Northeast Gamers Hub
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2007, 07:42:29 AM »
Because i dont have a codex yet i havent come up with a final 1500-2000 point list but i have been reading alot and it will most likely be warriors, immortals, destroyer,s maybe a tomb spider or 2 and a couple of heavy destroyers. Possibly a monolith as well id like to utilize the ability to teleport units around. For that purpose im thinking of the DL with 10 scarabs and VoD.

No this is not insanity. Its insanity with a purpose. Basically if it looks like my warriors might get into nasty CC or any i dont really want to get them in, the DL & friends turbo boost into CC and hold up the squad untill more warriors get within range and then they warp out and leave whatever squad to the mercy of the gauss.

Id like to avoid relying on a monolith to help with reserves or WBB rolls thus the tomb spiders. id rather the monolith was blasting things or teleporting units around ( if this doesnt use up its shooting turn)
legion of sickness
lord of misery
after my death I rise in immortality
unleashing the horror my words are infected
feast on my rot
I am resurrected

resurrection of the rotten
resurrection of the dead