News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: About Blackstone fortresses  (Read 2887 times)

Offline Enigma the Black Dragon

• Infinity Circuit
  • Grrmbll...
  • Armies: Most Eldar and Alpha Legion
About Blackstone fortresses
« on: September 13, 2004, 06:04:19 AM »
hiya all!

I was thinking of getting a blackstone fortress for my fleet in BFG.
The problem is I play eldar corsairs :P

If I remember correctly it was the Eldar who built them in the first place, so I see no problem geting one for my fleet, I just have to say they've captured an untainted and inactive fortress. (I know I need my oponents permissionm to do so, but what the heck, It'd look good just sitting there on the shelf whatsoever ^^

Now... the question is... HOW did the blackstone fortresses look before they were tainted by Chaos? I don't really think Eldar had that Eightpointed star from the begining, too mutch Chaos design I think :P

Any pics or descriptions would be great, as would any fluff about the fortresses.

thanks ^^
Quote from: jellocat
Theres a page in the BGB, don't have it with me.  Says that any bikes left unattended are stolen by orks.
Quote from: Homer S
We have some awesome vehicles that can't hit the side of a barn without a crystalizing old fossil saying... "wait, wait... FIRE!"

Offline Farseer Mu'soto

• The voice of reason
Re: About Blackstone fortresses
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2004, 08:31:23 AM »
I'd say they are that ffloating black pyramid big in the centre .. the chaos added the star

there was ... originaly... 8 (actualy not 100% on how many) tailsmen of vaul. During the Gothic war, abbadon managed to steal 2 from the imperium (possibly 3 but was destroyed).. and activate them.. when there imperials saw how powerful they where .. they destroyed the rest ..

during the 13th black crusade .. one more (in the hands of chaos) was destroyed by the necrontyr ... so that leaves us with .... 1 ? currently in the eye of terror ...

so there could be a problem with it .. unless your opponents are ignorent of the fluff surrounding them. However it would be uncool to hold back the info.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2004, 08:33:20 AM by Farseer Mu'soto »
Farseer Mu'Soto of the Yirr'sul Craftworld

Offline Enigma the Black Dragon

• Infinity Circuit
  • Grrmbll...
  • Armies: Most Eldar and Alpha Legion
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2004, 09:54:18 AM »
I think there was only 6 from the begining... but I'm not sure of that...

but thanks for the info anyways, Maybe I'll convert one my self... If I don't buy one that is ^^
Quote from: jellocat
Theres a page in the BGB, don't have it with me.  Says that any bikes left unattended are stolen by orks.
Quote from: Homer S
We have some awesome vehicles that can't hit the side of a barn without a crystalizing old fossil saying... "wait, wait... FIRE!"

Offline Eagle of the Stars

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2004, 11:08:59 PM »
There was only 6 and they wern't made by the Eldar. They were created by the race that came before the Eldar to combat the Necrontyr. For some reason the Old Ones left them in what is now the Gothic Sector where the Imperium found them and turned them into naval bases. During the Gothic War, 2 were captured by Abaddon. When he went for a third, the Eldar and the Imperium struck back. Abaddon escaped into the warp with 2, the other was boarded and, when everyone left, self destructed. the other 3 Imperium controled Blackstones blew up at the same time. In the 13th Crusade, the 2 captured ones re-apeard and towards the climax was boarded by Eldrad. That means there is still one out there somewhere. 
BFG players! Go throw in your two cents for the greatest game ever made!
http://www.40konline.com/mos/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=714&topic=102768.0
We need a BFG board!

Offline Farseer Mu'soto

• The voice of reason
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2004, 12:23:39 AM »
the one that was tainted by slaanish, and consumed his soul.
Farseer Mu'Soto of the Yirr'sul Craftworld

Offline Squigbreath

• I *LOVE* EO and 40K.ca
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2004, 05:05:17 PM »
What do the blackstones do, anyway?

Offline Tegadil

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2004, 05:47:25 PM »
They fire streams of raw warp energy. Basically, they kill pretty much anything, C'tan inclusive.