News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Welcome all Newcomers!  (Read 177129 times)

Offline Space elf

• I'm a llama!
Re:newbies
« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2002, 01:49:28 AM »
I found this site yesterday, looking for ideas for my warhammer fan site.

Offline Brandon357

• Farseer training is arduous...but I will make it.
« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2002, 11:20:32 AM »
And of course, there's me, Mr. Newbie with an Opinion.  Heh, heh, heh... ::)...what can I say???  Well, I can say I'm new to the game, but definitely not to the people here on the MB.

-Brandon
Dare to dance the razor's edge of the warp...dare to be...Eldar.

Offline Grymlynn

« Reply #42 on: February 26, 2002, 01:46:11 PM »
Been collecting the fluff since RT, but just now got around to coughing up the hundreds of dollars to put an army together...

Haven't played a game yet, but I'm gonna be dangerous 'cause I've been lurking the tactics boards for months now...
To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but morally treasonable to the American public.

Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Kilgo

« Reply #43 on: February 26, 2002, 03:43:51 PM »
anybody know any other good quality WH sites?

Offline Kaela Mensha

• That's right, I'm THAT bloody god!
« Reply #44 on: February 26, 2002, 04:18:20 PM »
I first got into 40k about 2 years ago when my friend showed me his Chaos Codex. I saw the pics of Marines in the back and like them instantly.

So the following weekend I went into my local GW store and bought a Dark Angels Codex, a Tactical Squad and  a Captain, with a few paints to boot. I stayd up most of the night assembling/painting the models, with about 5 colours.

The time came when I had about 3000 pts. of Dark Angels and needed a change. So I had a dabble in Catachans, which after a few losses I decided sucked. I then went into Orks which I found highly amusing.

But I eventually gave in. All the time I had been into 40k I have liked the sleek lok of the Eldar. So I decided to collect them. My Orks had been sitting alone for a while now. Now I collect Alaitoc, from about 6 mounths ago. I went for alaitoc as I liked the Rangers.

I oyl registered today for EO Message Boards but I have been surfing around it for a while.
If Chaos was to be defeated, what would the Ordo Malleus do all day? Twidle their thumbs? Play Bingo?

Offline Poueblo

• cheese-tastic
« Reply #45 on: February 26, 2002, 04:38:14 PM »
eheheh ive  been here longer than raine lol though ive only played 15 games.  ehhehe
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Offline General Canderous Fayler

• Iron Fist
  • Iron Fist of Caldonia
« Reply #46 on: February 26, 2002, 11:08:43 PM »
Hi everybody, i have only recently discovered eldaronline.com but have been playing warhammer 40k for about 2 years now and only recently started playing eldar ( i previously played space marines, those peices of crap).  I have found a lot better luck and tactics with regular eldar and do not yet play a craftworld.

Offline Aldaman

• Newest
  • BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH
    • NONE
« Reply #47 on: February 27, 2002, 01:03:20 AM »
Im new here..Brand Spankin' new..I was just over at a friends house and he was playing one of his friends ion a game..At first I was absolutely blown away but I started catching on..any and all help would bee apprecited.....I plan on starting out with a small set this weekend..(of Eldar cause those r the best) and attempt to paint it (Im expecting disaster) It'd be great if some1 answered this

Offline noxious1981

• GW-Fanworld
« Reply #48 on: February 27, 2002, 08:56:54 AM »
hy @ all!
well take a guess: i´m new here, too;)...

but i´m only knew to eldaronline, not to my eldar;)...
i´m playing my alaitoc eldar since 1996 and my army has grown to a nice size of about 8000 points with highlights such as two forgeworld serpents and a phoenix fighter... (yeah, i AM proud of them;)..)
i also took part in the last two golden demon contest here in germany and was able to win a golden demon in 2000 - of course with an eldar;)!!

i hope i will be able to keep an eye on eldaronline for i´m rather "at home" at www.forum.gw-fanworld.de...

but it´s nice to be in accompaniment of brothers and sisters here;)...
fare well!
« Last Edit: February 27, 2002, 09:00:07 AM by noxious1981 »
n0x.5<9681 - noxious reanimation

Famous last words: "Scheisse...?!?!"

Offline archongalis

• Newest
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #49 on: February 27, 2002, 09:59:31 AM »
 ;D :D ;) :) ::) :-* :-[ :o ??? ::) 8) :'(im new.  i am archongalis.  a dedicated de player.

The Mighty Donut

« Reply #50 on: February 27, 2002, 02:46:29 PM »
Hey hey, everybody. I'm a somewhat newbie, but I have a friend who's been playing since the rogue trader days (1st ed). He showed me the ropes. I also know a lot of fluff (i'm addicted) and a LOT of 2nd ed crap.

the_mighty_brain

« Reply #51 on: February 27, 2002, 05:16:30 PM »
welcome all

I had to take a look when someone was called "The Mighty Donught"

Offline RyGuySWt2

• Newest
« Reply #52 on: February 27, 2002, 05:45:11 PM »
i've been playin 40k for about 4 years, and been to eldaronline for about 1 1/2, but i just recently registered.

Offline britanicus

« Reply #53 on: February 28, 2002, 12:58:47 PM »
I just registered for this site and am so far pleased...

This message board rivals that of games-workshop
i3ritanicus

Offline Solitaire

• I am the only ture SOLITAIRE. Eat my shorts!!
« Reply #54 on: February 28, 2002, 01:04:32 PM »
well. i was here when EO opened ages ago. Before the upgrade to the new host. before the great long wait when the was down, and even before that, about 3 months before that. I have been here for ages as you can tell. I think i was called, NECRON WINNER or something, but now i am Solitaire.

Soli
When it is One on One you will surely run or i will come and skin you

Death_on_demand

« Reply #55 on: February 28, 2002, 06:34:23 PM »
been here about a week now

Offline Andes

• Elder Sign
« Reply #56 on: February 28, 2002, 09:01:21 PM »
I'm new -- adding my second army, DARK ELDAR
My Imperial Fist are too easy to win with  ;D

Offline avatar777

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #57 on: March 1, 2002, 01:07:27 PM »
Im new

Offline Darkstorm

• I am your Appolyon
« Reply #58 on: March 1, 2002, 02:54:27 PM »
Hail and well met fellow Lords

I have been playing Warhammer 40K for 19 months and am just about to go to my second Grand Tournament. I have fought many battles. Mainly against Marine Players. My main army is my Dark Edar -Kabal Darkstorm_ whom i will be taking to the GT this year. Last year as i was new to the game although my main army was Dark Eldar. I built an Eldar army The Ilianesh Ra (Children of Ra). I thought with them being on the whole i would fair better as at that time i was a little inexperienced and Dark Eldar take a little while to master. I have started a gaming club over the last year with some friends and we now have about 50 members.

Anybody else going to this years Grand Tournament?

Maybe we could meet up and have a few beers. I will be travelling with three Ultramarine, one Space Wolf and one Slaanesh Marine player

Dark Lord Kabal Darkstorm
There will be no respite from your agonies... for now we have taken your soul.

Offline El_Bowie

• Death comes in Black Guardians where I come from
« Reply #59 on: March 1, 2002, 03:57:42 PM »
I am new here, started on the forums oooh, last week and already I can appreciate how decent the set-up is here, this is a quality site, and I am impressed. Well Done Moderators.
"Death to the false sons of our galaxy!" Farseer Etheon Ulethithil, Farseer of Ulthwé, councillor for the amon I'shesh burough of Ulthwé.
Thoughts and Musings of Farseer Etheon Ulethithil, Farseer Of Ulthwé.