News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Armorcast  (Read 4051 times)

Offline mind_splinter

• Ultramannnnn!
Armorcast
« on: March 12, 2002, 12:33:02 AM »
Where can I find stats and rules for titans and tempests? Are these still legal? Where can I get the whole rundown on them?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2002, 12:33:52 AM by mind_splinter »
Time is like a drug; too much of it kills you.

<(**<) (>**)><(**<) (>**)><(**<) (>**)>
KIRBY DANCE!

I've lost a lot of things in my life, but out of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most.

Offline Heylel Teomim

• Ai yiyiyiyiyiyiyi erp!
Re:Armorcast
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2002, 01:45:40 AM »
I dont think they ever bothered updating them past second edition.  The kits ceased production well before the release of third.  Last time I saw one was about three years ago at DragonCon.  The past two conventions I didnt see any titans around at all.

Its too bad.  That 2 foot tall Phantom was amazing.

Heylel

Offline mind_splinter

• Ultramannnnn!
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2002, 01:49:03 AM »
does that mean I should just make a tempest a scorpion?

KIRBY DANCE!

I've lost a lot of things in my life, but out of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most.

Offline neb

• "Penetration is easiest from the rear"
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2002, 02:05:36 AM »
god the tempest was so awesome before

two sets of triple linked shuriken catapults (and thats 3 shots not rerolls) and a twin linked shuriken cannons, and a pulse laser which fred one str 10 shot or 6 strength 7 shots... and the model looked pretty cool

it ends up being like 6 sustained fire dice of str 4 shots and 4 sustained fire dice of str 5 (for those who dont know sustained fire dice ahd a 1 in 6 chance of jamming  and could fire between 1 - 3 shots each, so thats 10 to 30 shots for the tempest) plus the 6 str 7 shots...
Lost in the vastness of space the Craftworlds float in utter isolation like scattered jewels upon a pall of velvet. No starshine illuminates their sleek towers. Distant from the warmth of sun or planet, their domes stare into the darkness of empty space. Within live the few survivors of planets abandoned aeons ago amidst terrifying destruction. These are the Eldar, a race that is all but extict, the last remnants of a people whose mere dreams once overturned worlds and quenched suns

Offline mind_splinter

• Ultramannnnn!
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2002, 02:13:26 AM »
yes, but that's not my point. Where can I find the rules?

KIRBY DANCE!

Offline neb

• "Penetration is easiest from the rear"
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2002, 02:18:20 AM »
dont think there are any for 3rd, sorry dude
Lost in the vastness of space the Craftworlds float in utter isolation like scattered jewels upon a pall of velvet. No starshine illuminates their sleek towers. Distant from the warmth of sun or planet, their domes stare into the darkness of empty space. Within live the few survivors of planets abandoned aeons ago amidst terrifying destruction. These are the Eldar, a race that is all but extict, the last remnants of a people whose mere dreams once overturned worlds and quenched suns

Offline Scars

• Warning: He bites
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Spooky! Shocking!
    • Progressive Labour Party
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2002, 02:44:46 AM »
just use it as a scorpion, it is the next best thing. titians- VDR. thats what i did.
'The genius of you Americans is that you never make clear-cut stupid moves, only complicated stupid
moves'
- Abd al-Nasir
Progressive Labour Party

Offline mind_splinter

• Ultramannnnn!
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2002, 02:46:47 AM »
I guess I could try and scratchbuild a titan, but scorpions are so expensive...

KIRBY DANCE!

Offline Scars

• Warning: He bites
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Spooky! Shocking!
    • Progressive Labour Party
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2002, 02:48:54 AM »
eldar titans are VERY hard to make. too round. imperial ones are easier- lots of flat surfaces. im gonna make another one soon (yes that will take me to 5, another warlord) then i will have a 30,000p titan legion- YAY!
'The genius of you Americans is that you never make clear-cut stupid moves, only complicated stupid
moves'
- Abd al-Nasir
Progressive Labour Party

Cheantoa

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2002, 05:17:26 AM »
If you've been to armourcast's home page, there's a bunch of stuff there to do with titans... and a beleive they have a link to a site with decent rules...

Offline Lightbringer

• Tiphaani Craftworld
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2002, 03:42:09 PM »
If you can find a copy of Armorcast's Inquisitor #18, they offer playtest rules for 3rd edition, fot their models.  My cpoy is somewhere in the mess I call my hobby room.
I will cleanse with the light I bring.

Offline Farseer_Nimliiost

• Geek of Geekyness
  • War is my master, Death my mistress
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2002, 05:10:56 PM »
if you want theres rules for the tempest at portent.net
your understanding is not required mon-keigh, merely your surrender...

Offline Alexander Falcorian

• Ancient
    • Eldaronline
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2002, 11:38:10 PM »

eldar titans are VERY hard to make. too round. imperial ones are easier- lots of flat surfaces. im gonna make another one soon (yes that will take me to 5, another warlord) then i will have a 30,000p titan legion- YAY!

Hate to nag, but... Pics pics pics pics!  8)
Into the fires of battle, unto the anvil of war! - Salamander Chapter Battle Cry

The whole point of naval fighting is to be able to go anywhere with every damned thing the Navy possesses. - Captain Grenfeld of the Hammer of Justice

You might as well try to catch starlight as bring the Eldar to battle.