News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Vigilus Weekender Previews!!!  (Read 2286 times)

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
Vigilus Weekender Previews!!!
« on: October 28, 2018, 05:14:12 PM »
Christmas Preview: Bundles, Battleforces and Boxed Games... - Warhammer

Well, it's that time of year again, ladies and gentlemen! Lots of terrain bundles, some new cool hobby gadgets that I'll definitely look into acquiring, and 10 new Battleforce Box set bundles, which I assume will be half 40k and half AoS.

Only two Battleforces announced, Death Guard and Idoneth Deepkin. I imagine that Primaris Marines and Sancrosanct Chamber will be among those 10. I've already got my stormcast situated, but the Idoneth Box has my attention. I need a few more Thralls, and everything else can be used as a backup. Especially if those Sharks get some price cuts sometime in the future!

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
Re: Christmas Bundles Previewed Announced
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2018, 06:36:53 PM »
The bundles are always fantastic deals. I like the new paint handles. I was thinking a bigger one would be great. The components handle is great too!

I'm mostly excited to hear about Blackstone.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2018, 07:02:22 PM »
I've yet to try any of the Warhammer Quest board games, but Blackstone Fortress does sound promising if the praise for the previous two games is anything to go by! I think it would have been cool if it was more Warhammer Underworlds: Shadespire, but I guess Kill Team already fills that niche, doesn't it?

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2018, 07:13:35 PM »
I've yet to try any of the Warhammer Quest board games, but Blackstone Fortress does sound promising if the praise for the previous two games is anything to go by! I think it would have been cool if it was more Warhammer Underworlds: Shadespire, but I guess Kill Team already fills that niche, doesn't it?

Warhammer Quest Silver Tower, was one of the most enjoyable board games I've played which he created. And, I mostly played it with folks who didn't play any Warhammer games. I'd love to see another version of that.

I wouldn't like to see a Warhammer Underworlds game for 40k, there is no need for two conflicting board games which play the same. Same reason I don't want an AoS kill team.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2018, 07:59:21 PM »
Fair enough, but there is already AoS Skirmish though ;). Hopefully we'll get some cool new models to go along with Blackstone Fortress.

https://whc-cdn.games-workshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/BlackstonePreview-Oct30-Kroot1kce-846x846.jpg

https://whc-cdn.games-workshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/BlackstonePreview-Oct29-RogueTrader1vrg-846x846.jpg

Image tags removed to avoid hotlinking - Iris.

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
Re: Blood and Glory Previews!!!!
« Reply #5 on: November 2, 2018, 07:04:54 PM »
The Blood and Glory Studio Preview Roundup Extravaganza - Warhammer Community

Discuss, friends!

As for my thoughts, I think I'm officially saving up my coins for the inevitable Slaves to Darkness Battletome to come out. Not really interested in the Gobbos, and the new Nightvault Godshunt faction (Hello, my Shadespire Team!), has kind of thrown a bucket of frozen water on my desire to play nighthaunt.

I really hope the Everchosen Battletome gets rolled into the new Slaves to Darkness one, much like Chamber Extremis was rolled into Stormcast.

I'm still holding off on getting into 40k. I think Sisters of Battle will be the first army I collect for Warhammer 40000. But I will definitely be picking up Blackstone Fortress, this game looks freaking amazing. I  love the new miniatures crammed into it, and did anyone see the new Chaos Space Marines!!!??? I torn between the Eldar Ranger and the Kroot Mercenary as my favorite model, haha.

Realm of Chaos definitely looks cool and is tempting, but I really want to see the new Slaves to Darkness before I lay down any cash on this boxset.

And then there is Chapter approved, which looks like it'll be chock full of stuff!

• Ancient
« Reply #6 on: November 2, 2018, 08:32:42 PM »
Everything looks great!

I think the battletome will be for the savage tribes, or all destruction factions not already in a book. The video is called 'destruction rising', and would explain why gutbusters are re-boxed and back on shelves at GW stores.

The new Underworlds warband looks phenomenal. I wonder how they'll play, as it's tricky to have more than 4 fighters.

Blackstone fortress is an auto buy for me. I had a blast playing Silver Tower, and this looks to be great fun too, if it's anything like that.
Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #7 on: November 2, 2018, 08:44:11 PM »
I think the battletome will be for the savage tribes, or all destruction factions not already in a book. The video is called 'destruction rising', and would explain why gutbusters are re-boxed and back on shelves at GW stores.

Ah, didn't even think about that! That would be a cool way to suddenly bring the entire destruction line up to date. You think we'll get any new models outside of the shadespire squads?

• Ancient
« Reply #8 on: November 2, 2018, 09:09:45 PM »
There will be endless spells. Possibly a terrain peice.

I'm not expecting new kits. But, if I were to expect new models, I'd guess new squigs.

Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria

Offline Calamity

• Concussor Concussed Dice | Captain
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Cocking up miniatures since 1998
  • Armies: Kharadron Overlords, Bloodbound, Celestial Lions
« Reply #9 on: November 3, 2018, 07:57:29 AM »
I would hope for new squigs and characters.  Update all the old metal/finecast stuff.

I’m excited though!  I’ve been waiting for the Moonclan to arrive since AoS dropped.  I even got the night goblin totem from Battle For Skull Pass a couple of years ago in anticipation of them. :D

Offline Temperance

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #10 on: November 3, 2018, 11:41:28 AM »
Lots of cool stuff teased.

I'm in the awkward position of trying to decide if I want to flesh out my Sisters now with more of the old metal models, so I can keep a coherent look to the whole army, or if I want to wait for the better and (probably?) cheaper plastics....

Maybe caving in to GW and (eventually) replacing it all in plastic is the way to go, although I must confess I have a fondness for the old minis.

Super excited for them to come out though, to say nothing of the (beta) and real codicies.

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #11 on: November 3, 2018, 03:38:17 PM »
I'm in the awkward position of trying to decide if I want to flesh out my Sisters now with more of the old metal models, so I can keep a coherent look to the whole army, or if I want to wait for the better and (probably?) cheaper plastics....

Yeah, the expense of the current metal Sisters range is outrageous. I am waiting on the plastic range myself, but I see why you would still want the current range if your entire army is built from that. I don't think there would be anything wrong with mix-matching the two ranges. Unless you want to keep a unified aesthetic.

I’m excited though!  I’ve been waiting for the Moonclan to arrive since AoS dropped.  I even got the night goblin totem from Battle For Skull Pass a couple of years ago in anticipation of them. :D

That's good news then, I'm happy that Moonclan are on the way, Calamity ;D. I think we could definitely end up seeing some new characters alongside the endless spells at the very least, but who knows. Beasts of chaos didn't really get anything new in that regard outside of the Tzaangor stuff. But then again, the Great Bray Shaman is still a great model. Would have loved to see an updated Beastlord though.

Offline Partninja

• Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #12 on: November 3, 2018, 06:52:02 PM »
Definitely picking up Black Fortress. It will be stored on the shelf next to my old Heroes Quest!

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
Vigilus Weekender Previews!!!
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2018, 05:20:01 PM »
Breaking news from the Vigilus Open Day! - Warhammer Community

Discuss, Ladies and Gentlemen!!!

I think the big surprise here is that Calgar is now officially Primaris. I love the model, but I love those Honor Guard even more!!! I think if they upgrade more of the established space marine characters this way, then I think I might be all for it!

Also, those new Genestealer Cult Models are just simply brilliant. Love the bikes, but no as sold on the small buggy vehicle. Also think there's some feminine models on those bikes, which I think is cool!

I like the new Black Legion model, but I don't know, his armor seems incredibly ornate and detailed, maybe a little too much for my tastes. But I'll take that over no chaos space marine model.

I think the big thing that I'm most excited for about this news is the Wrath and Rapture Box Set. Looks like great value and a lot of new models too. Love that Slaanesh Herald, really brutal.

So, what do you guys think?

Also, more reveals coming later today.

Offline Partninja

• Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
Re: Vigilus Weekender Previews!!!
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2018, 08:05:31 PM »
The small GSC buggy is a quad bike/ATV. I think they're all great.

I'm just ready for chapter approved to come out. Have a few things in hold waiting to see how the rules fall.

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2018, 12:53:10 AM »
The small GSC buggy is a quad bike/ATV. I think they're all great.

I'm just ready for chapter approved to come out. Have a few things in hold waiting to see how the rules fall.

I keep looking at that Quad Bike and I think it might win me over the more I continue to look at it. I'm not into 40k (Yet), but I think it'll be interesting to see what happens in Chapter Approved this year. I guess there are the Sisters of Battle Beta Rules, which I'd like to see personally.

Offline Calamity

• Concussor Concussed Dice | Captain
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Cocking up miniatures since 1998
  • Armies: Kharadron Overlords, Bloodbound, Celestial Lions
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2018, 06:40:56 AM »
I love all the new minis they're showing here.  Especially the GSC ones!  Those bikes really are something else.  How ironic though, that we in the IG have been looking for bikes for years, and the GSC beat us too it!  ;D

I'm seriously starting to contemplate doing a GSC army now.