News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Will the primarchs who we thought were dead be revived?  (Read 1767 times)

Offline Brash

• Titan Games
  • Armies: Chaos Space Marines
Will the primarchs who we thought were dead be revived?
« on: May 25, 2017, 06:08:36 PM »
The primarchs who are as far as I know confirmed dead are Sanguinus, Ferrus Manus, Horus, Konrad Cruze and one of the twins of the Alpha Legion.

I have heard some rumors that Sanguinius's physchic essence might be resurrected which sounds ridiculous to me. His sacrifice helped shape the imperium and the blood angels. Bringing him back would really lessen the entire story. 

There is also a legend with the Iron hands where Ferrus will return in a robot body representing the ideal they all strive for. However is stuff like that goes on then why can't Konrad get a giant robot to.

Anyways with all this speculation going on thought I would see if their are any other theories floating around or if anyone can see these occuring?

Cheers
Ave Dominus Nox

Offline Sir_Godspeed

• Lazerous Penguin
  • "Bees. My God" was an obscure Batman quote.
Re: Will the primarchs who we thought were dead be revived?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2017, 02:26:06 AM »
Personally, I hope not. But then I'm one of those people who is pretty ambivalent to the entire Horus Heresy novel series, preferring the mystery.

Jaghatai Khan, Vulkan and Leman Russ would seem more plausible.

Offline Grand Master Lomandalis

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
  • We were murderers first, last, and always!
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Custodes, Knights, Night Lords
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2017, 10:17:28 AM »
I think it is safe to say that those Primarchs who we have confirmation as being killed will stay dead.  The 40k universe is not DC or Marvel; death has a certain finality to it.

Now, the Primarchs that don't have a confirmed death... that's a different story.  I think it is Dorn that was caught in an explosion, or his ship exploded, and all they were able to recover was a gauntlet.  Hints towards death, but no confirmation.
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
Well I always liked the globals...
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...

Offline Alienscar

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2017, 11:08:11 AM »
Time travel shenanigans is a handy tool if you want to bring back people from the dead. My worry, with all the talk about how the Great Rift is causing temporal distortion across the galaxy, is that GW will use the Rift as a ruse to explain the appearance of long dead Primarch.
Quote from: Starrakatt
"Russ, get your work done or you won't see your damn console for the next month!"
Quote from: Cavalier
Honestly Alienscar, we get it... you dont like painting!

Offline Sir_Godspeed

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2017, 08:09:16 AM »
A trailer by WhTV released recently seems to imply we are getting Mortarion back in action. Obviously, the Daemon primarchs never stopped being in action unlike the dead/incapacitated loyalists, but they've also been passive, so it's a possible new development.

Offline Brash

• Titan Games
  • Armies: Chaos Space Marines
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2017, 09:02:30 PM »
I still want Lorgar, how long can one man pray for.
Ave Dominus Nox

Offline Sir_Godspeed

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2017, 11:10:52 AM »
Lorgar would be interesting. Given his Undivided, pantheonic stance, he seems like a Primarch that would be able to pull a varied force with him. Don't get me wrong, I like explorations of themed armies, like I hope they'll do with the Death Guard in the future, but the opposite is cool as well.

Then again, you could argue that that's exactly what Abaddon's been doing.