News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: My Aeldari and Aelf  (Read 60256 times)

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Re: My Aeldari and Aelf
« Reply #420 on: March 8, 2020, 08:01:53 PM »
but three on the bottom I've never seen before!

Issues 127 aka 1st codex, 2nd codex, then two 3rd edition codex and supplement.

1st and 2nd codex are chock full of lore.

Nice collection. Have you been looking for Issue 127 for long?

Yeah been trying to snipe one for some time, just the prices can go a little crazy as most of them are still on the other side of the world from me.

Sold off my Sylvaneth as they had been sitting on the shelf since I got them, so picked up some gear from another galaxy far, far away :) The game looks fairly simple to play, with not a lot of models on the board, so hopefully it will be a good way to introduce tabletop war games to my son.

Offline Calamity

• Concussor Concussed Dice | Captain
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Cocking up miniatures since 1998
  • Armies: Kharadron Overlords, Bloodbound, Celestial Lions
« Reply #421 on: March 8, 2020, 08:05:57 PM »
They look amazing magenb!  I especially like the stripes on the stormtroopers.  Really gives them some character!

I’ve heard about this game.  It’s quite easy to play I hear?

Offline Dread

• Warlock
  • Voidraven, the stone skipping across the universe.
  • Armies: Eldar, DE, Harlis, Necrons,  sisters, Death guard
« Reply #422 on: March 9, 2020, 01:27:34 AM »
Legion is a blast, it has a great game mechanic, minis and a good time. Back and forth play, easy setup and just plain fun.
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword

Offline Looshkin

• Aspect Warrior
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Once held an Utter Fear of Tiny Diamonds
  • Armies: I 'play' Eldar. Or at least horde unpainted models
« Reply #423 on: April 4, 2020, 10:23:06 AM »

Nice collection. Have you been looking for Issue 127 for long?

Yeah been trying to snipe one for some time, just the prices can go a little crazy as most of them are still on the other side of the world from me.

I'm categorically not promising anything; but I know that I had an Issue 127...which I then misplaced. I replaced it. Everything I have is packed up for the sale of my house, but when I get a chance, I'll see if I can find the other copy. If I do, it's yours, no questions asked (it's a big if, as I have a lot of stuff and it's like finding a needle in a stack of needles, but still).

As for the painting...I love those Stormtroopers. I've been somewhat interested in getting into Legion, but the vast amount of already unpainted stuff I own is holding me back. Glad to see you've leapt in and are enjoying it.

The 2 armies are coming along very nicely, but the Stormtroopers are definitely my favourites so far.
WD127 - Started a Love Affair my Wallet Just Can't Cope With...

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #424 on: April 12, 2020, 10:28:10 PM »
I'm categorically not promising anything; but I know that I had an Issue 127...

Cheers, but I have a copy now :)

Soo been a bit quiet on the hobby front, but I've managed to break out the airbrush do to some testing :) (too much work, but umm yeah final fantasy 7 remake... soo good...)

Hard to tell, but two different metallic's, top one is a brass, bottom one is a light gold.

Tinkered with silver and tinted blue metallic.. the odd thing is the tinted blue changes colour a bit depending on the angle..

So that's the same tinted blue...

Played around with multiple layers and straight hex, rather than inverted hex.. I suspect the inverted hex might look better.

Finally, fading metallic diamond

« Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 05:26:10 PM by magenb »

Offline Dread

• Warlock
« Reply #425 on: April 13, 2020, 12:23:07 AM »
Hey! So your first images no show. The first see able one is the Falcon cut out. I love what you're going to do on models with that. Colors are gonna look rich on plastic. The diamonds, oh the diamonds! Look so great, just fantastic! Can't wait to see it completely assembled.
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #426 on: April 13, 2020, 03:27:11 PM »
(too much work, but umm yeah final fantasy 7 remake... soo good...)

I'm waiting till it comes to PC, but hell yeah that game is amazing!

Love what you're doing with the stencils! Looks extremely crisp and clean, like the colors so far too!
JohnMaloneBooks website - Blog #3 - From Novella to Novel

- 5/5 Reader's Favorite Review!

A Sanctum of Swords: Embers Edition is coming soon w/ audiobook!

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #427 on: April 13, 2020, 05:46:35 PM »
Hey! So your first images no show.

Gah, fixed, now cheers.

(too much work, but umm yeah final fantasy 7 remake... soo good...)

I'm waiting till it comes to PC, but hell yeah that game is amazing!

So far, it has not been a cash grab, it's all been enriching the story, so massive thumbs up. The combat isn't terrible, just, somethings are less useful in a 3d real time combat system, so thing that explode on a timer can be easily dodged, etc.  Will be interesting to see how long the wait between episodes will be, but if they keep this level of quality up it might actually knock Witcher 3 off my top spot :)

So more testing... I think it was a mistakke to go into the golden parts, might be better off sticking to the fins.. or maybe have the gold as the hex outline but I'm thinking that might be too much gold...hmmm...
« Last Edit: April 14, 2020, 04:01:46 AM by magenb »

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #428 on: April 15, 2020, 05:32:26 PM »
Tried another scheme, thought it might look better if the holo's were blending out from the gold sections.

Offline Dread

• Warlock
« Reply #429 on: April 15, 2020, 05:44:40 PM »
I do like the second one better, coming from the gold, it's better on the eyes. But I do like the other too, just knowing all the time you're spending getting the hex`s in place to spray.

Offline Alienscar

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #430 on: April 16, 2020, 11:31:57 AM »
I think it was a mistakke to go into the golden parts, might be better off sticking to the fins.

Tried another scheme, thought it might look better if the holo's were blending out from the gold secti

I agree with your first assessment in that I think you should keep the hex pattern out of the gold areas. I also think that a smaller hex would look better.
Quote from: Starrakatt
"Russ, get your work done or you won't see your damn console for the next month!"
Quote from: Cavalier
Honestly Alienscar, we get it... you dont like painting!

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #431 on: April 22, 2020, 05:39:59 AM »
Experimented with smaller hexes, I'm going to have to scrub this chasis soon lol.

Offline Dread

• Warlock
« Reply #432 on: April 22, 2020, 06:27:13 AM »
I dunno. I like them both, the first one more I think. Actually, the smaller one but if it extended out more maybe, just seems like a void or unequal balance, a bit pic from directly above might change my mind tho.

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #433 on: April 22, 2020, 09:02:16 AM »
I agree with Dread, I like the previous one with the hexes extended out just a little bit more.

Still looks rad ;D.

Just my two cents.
JohnMaloneBooks website - Blog #3 - From Novella to Novel

- 5/5 Reader's Favorite Review!

A Sanctum of Swords: Embers Edition is coming soon w/ audiobook!

Offline Alienscar

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #434 on: April 22, 2020, 09:19:28 AM »
I think the smaller hexes look better than the larger ones, but I think neither size should extend into the gold areas.

If you do go with the smaller hex then I agree with Dread and think that the hexes should cover a slightly larger area. I also think they would look better in the silver that you used previously.
"Russ, get your work done or you won't see your damn console for the next month!"

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #435 on: April 22, 2020, 07:25:11 PM »
well here it is from above.

I didn't mean to spray into the gold, that was me rushing at the end of the day before the mozzies come out, need to find a better place for the bug zapper for the late afternoons when I want to spray.

I'll try the silver, I was thinking the gold outline would be more of a holo field effect where it blurs the shape. I'd love to try some of the colour shift paints, but no one has stock, seems shipments out of spain are problematic.

Had a chance to play around with some air dry clay to make the rubble for the bases. I think the airdry stuff might be a winner as it cracks rather than tears, if that make sense..

Offline Dread

• Warlock
« Reply #436 on: April 22, 2020, 10:08:04 PM »
Wow gotta say that view really shows us. I think the smaller hex have a better representation of your field projector idea. That crazy ked clay stuff looks really good, it'll look great for bases.

Offline Alienscar

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #437 on: April 23, 2020, 04:03:41 PM »
well here it is from above.

I didn't mean to spray into the gold, that was me rushing at the end of the day before the mozzies come out

I'll try the silver, I was thinking the gold outline would be more of a holo field effect where it blurs the shape. I'd love to try some of the colour shift paints, but no one has stock,

Yeah I would love to see you try this using a colour shift as I think that would really suit the effect you are after.

From above I like the way the small hexes give the look of a protective 'net' forming on the hull and I think it would look even better in silver.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2020, 11:02:26 AM by Alienscar »

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #438 on: April 23, 2020, 05:58:09 PM »

So I tried the silver, but, where the silver met the gold it looked off. I blended some of the gold into the silver and it looks better than just a straight silver.

Offline Alienscar

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #439 on: April 24, 2020, 11:01:49 AM »
Diluting the gold has made a real difference and I really like the way the whole thing looks now.