News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Space Hulk: Ascension Edition  (Read 5210 times)

Offline FullControl

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Space Hulk: Ascension Edition
« on: September 2, 2014, 09:05:13 AM »
Hi,

I'm Andreas, Community Manager at Full Control and I wanted to share some additional content about Space Hulk: Ascension Edition, which we announced in the beginning of August.

If you missed the announcement trailer, you can find it on Youtube (Space Hulk Ascension Edition) I unfortunately can't get the embed function to work.

I wanted to share some more content from the game along the way, so I hope it's fine I make a post here:

For this new version we're adding Combi Weapons: Combi-Flamer, Combi-Plasma and a Combi-Melta

The Combi-Flamer will have 2 flame shots, which is good to have when there's a hoard of Genestealers coming at you.

The Combi-Plasma can only be wielded by sergeants and should only be used as last resort as it can backfire - Unless you like to gamble :)

The Combi-Melta pretty much destroys everything in its way but also has a very limited ammo.

If it's fine with the mods, I'll pop in and share more info once it's ready :)

Offline Grizzlykin

• Run little eldar, run! ... And KILL THEM ALL !
  • Armies: Eldars, Tau, Necrons
Re: Space Hulk: Ascension Edition
« Reply #1 on: September 2, 2014, 11:42:58 AM »
I habe to say i like the model, 3D speaking, and i can't wait to slaughter some tyranid! Even if i do not play spacemarine their is no doubt i will take great pleasure in this massacre!
Ty for creating fun games!
« Last Edit: September 3, 2014, 09:10:57 AM by Grizzlykin »
The Grizzly's Arvandor Craftworld!

Quote from: Cavalier
ALL HAIL THE TORNADO! The legend is REBORN.

Quote from: Alienscar
The forum member so nice that even when he is MIA he still gets two votes for being the nicest member

Offline Gunner_Sabot_Tank

• Armies: IG, GK, Tyranids, Blood Angels
« Reply #2 on: September 2, 2014, 08:56:26 PM »
Sounds cool to me but I would say you might wanna take a look at those weapons again if you're trying to keep them like the ones on models. You're combi weapons don't appear to have barrels for the bolter.
Vincere Vel Mori

Offline FullControl

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #3 on: September 5, 2014, 08:47:49 AM »
I will let the guy making them know, but they are approved by Games Workshop  ;)

I just think it's the angle of the camera that covers the barrel for the bolter

Offline Grand Master Lomandalis

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
  • We were murderers first, last, and always!
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Custodes, Knights, Night Lords
« Reply #4 on: September 7, 2014, 10:03:08 AM »
Is the muzzle of the bolter on the right side of the weapon then?  Because otherwise, there is no barrel for them at all.
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
Well I always liked the globals...
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...

Offline FullControl

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2014, 08:50:56 AM »
Once again I have more goodies to share with the community 

We have been playing around with sound effects and animations for SHA and I'd like to share two of the examples with you in here:

http://www.spacehulk-ascension.com/public/images/uploads/Melee_attack_audio_example1.avi

http://www.spacehulk-ascension.com/public/images/uploads/Melee_attack_audio_example2.avi

These are the only ones I currently have with sound, but looking over the should of the animator there's a lot more to come ...and yes the muzzle of the gun is on the right side of the combi weapons.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 03:38:49 AM by FullControl »

Offline FullControl

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2014, 07:31:03 AM »
For Space Hulk Ascension Edition, we'll also be adding Relic Weapons, which means you can look cool while causing more havoc.

Offline The GrimSqueaker

• The Badger on the Road | Staff Infection Officer | Debased Vassal Slayer | Title Barfly | XOXOXO Gossip Girl | Bent Over
  • Global Moderator
  • From the Fourth Necromantic House
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2014, 05:42:25 PM »
Speaking of SH:A...

The similarities and differences between the two games explained.
Quote from: @TracyAuGoGO
Tact is for people who are too slow witted to be sarcastic.
Drink
Knights Tippler
Quote from: Surviving the World
If you can't make fun of something, it's probably not worth taking seriously.

You have to love the smell of science in the morning. It smells of learning.... or perhaps a gas leak.

Offline FullControl

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2014, 06:07:55 AM »
Thanks for sharing that link, was about to share it here as well :)

We've also just shared some images of two Genestealer Bio-morphs. one with Scythes and one with FleshHooks:

A Genestealer with Scythes is a mean killing machine and therefore has additional attacks

A Genestealer with Flesh Hooks has the ability to drag in Terminators in true Scorpion, from Mortal Combat, style, so don't get too close.

Offline FullControl

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #9 on: October 1, 2014, 09:32:35 AM »
We're currently working on a developer diary that explains some of the diferences between Space Hulk and Space Hulk Ascension.

In the meantime, I wanted to share this neat animation.

Genestealer Kill Animation Front

Offline FullControl

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #10 on: October 9, 2014, 05:20:58 AM »
Want to know more about Space Hulk: Ascension Edition?

We've created a Developer Diary to cover some of the main elements and to show you a few visual effects and some more animations

SHA Dev Diary 1

Offline FullControl

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #11 on: November 4, 2014, 07:39:55 AM »
Lock and Load, the Emperor Needs You!

Space Hulk: Ascension Edition will launch on November 12th for Windows, Mac and Linux on Steam. Players who pre-order Space Hulk: Ascension Edition on Steam will get a 10% discount, and those that own the original Space Hulk will receive an additional 15% discount off the RRP:  a total discount of 25%.

Space Hulk: Ascension Edition is now available for pre-order at:
Pre-order Space Hulk:Ascension Edition

Space Hulk: Ascension Edition is a completely new experience that takes the game to a whole new level. With reworked mechanics and a host of new features, including RPG progression mechanics, new Genestealer variations, new rules, and missions structure, Space Hulk: Ascension Edition has 10 x the content of the original game, with a playtime of 50-100 hours.

Features for Space Hulk: Ascension Edition include:

• Huge Amounts of Content - 103 unique missions spread out across 3 campaign chapters
  • New Enemies - new Genestealer variations for you to face in the depths of the Space Hulk.
  • New Mechanics - a complete reworking of the board game rules and mechanics. It’s still the Space Hulk game you love, reimagined for a new experience.
  • Customisation - RPG-style skill progression and player squad management allow you to create your own tailor-made team of hardened veterans
  • New weapons, more complex maps, combi-weapons and flash missions.
  • 10 times the amount of content of the original game, with a playtime of 50 - 100 hours.

Space Hulk: Ascension Edition is a 3D, digital, turn based, strategy game, which builds upon the classic board game experience, and adds new RPG style mechanics, additional weapons, enemy types, an all-new chapter and loads of other new features. Set in the isolated corridors and tomb-like chambers of ancient vessels lost in the graveyard of space, players lead a small force of fearless Space Marine Terminators in a ferocious fight for survival against hordes of predatory, alien Genestealers.

To coincide with the release date announcement, the second video developer diary reveals the design, levels and user interface behind Space Hulk: Ascension Edition.

To view the Video Developer Diary on Youtube visit: SHA developer Diary 2

You can find more information about Space Hulk: Ascension Edition at:
Space Hulk Ascension Edition