News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 2200 Dark Elves  (Read 1331 times)

Offline Grand Master Lomandalis

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
  • We were murderers first, last, and always!
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Custodes, Knights, Night Lords
2200 Dark Elves
« on: March 2, 2014, 05:50:43 PM »
Recently sold off my Daemons and have considered getting rid of the remainder of the Dark Elves that I have, but also had thoughts about restarting my Dark Elves as they were the best painted army that I have ever done.  Here is a list I was thinking of going through with, which has a lot of dakka.

Lord
Supreme Sorceress:  Level 4, Lore of Dark Magic, Tome of Furion, Dark Steed.  265pts

Heroes
Sorceress:  Level 2, Lore of Dark Magic, Dispel Scroll, Dark Steed.  150pts

Khainite Assassin:  Extra hand weapon.  92pts

Core
10 Darkshards:  Shield, Musician.  140pts

5 Dark Riders:  Musician, Repeater Crossbows.  105pts

5 Dark Riders:  Musician, Repeater Crossbows.  105pts

Special
Reaper Bolt Thrower70pts

Reaper Bolt Thrower70pts

Reaper Bolt Thrower70pts

Reaper Bolt Thrower70pts

5 Harpies75pts

7 shades112pts

War Hydra:  Fiery Breath.  180pts

Total Points:  2200
Model count:  81

Now I know the biggest disadvantage for this list is that it is seriously lacking in close combat capabilities, but I am hoping that having 114 shots from Repeater Crossbows and another 24 shots from the Bolt throwers would be more than enough to deal with any issues that I run into.

The assassins join the units of Crossbowmen to give them an added punch in combat when it comes down to it, and the Hydra is the counter punch for any big units that make it to my lines.  The sorceresses will each join a unit of Dark Riders and utilize their speed to make up for the short range of the Dark lore.
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
Well I always liked the globals...
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...