News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Search for Phoenix Lord Quotes  (Read 1668 times)

Offline romorini

• Don't mess with an angry Manta
Search for Phoenix Lord Quotes
« on: November 23, 2013, 01:44:42 PM »
I come seeking guidance from the Crystals Seers that reside on these boards.

I've been poking around the background for the Phoenix Lords as sourcing for a project, and I was wondering if there were any quotes recorded in the various codices or buried in a White Dwarf article I may not have access to. There's nothing in the 4th or 6th ed codices, and I'm not sure where my digital backups of the third ed and Craftworld supplemental went.

I find something inherently appealing about these embodiments of the Aspects any help is greatly appreciated.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 01:45:53 PM by romorini »

Offline Bumbles

• I supported No'Akei and all I got was this silly title
Re: Search for Phoenix Lord Quotes
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2013, 12:05:48 AM »
Well they're all fated to die one final time at the end of days for the Eldar Race (and possibly everyone else) the Rhana Dandra.
It is (IIRC) Mourgan Ra who brings them together for the final battle, and Furgan who dies the last. This is from the 3rd ed Codex.

The novel Path of the Warrior features Karandas fairly heavily towards the end (including someone actually experiencing putting on the armour).

One of the Inquisition War stories (now very very "old canon" incidentally) has the Howling Banshee Phoenix Lord attaching the Inquisitorial band in the webway, which implies that that's where they hangout in between battles.

(my spelling is atrocious, I know, and I'm writing this all from memory).

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Re: Search for Phoenix Lord Quotes
« Reply #2 on: December 4, 2013, 08:16:52 PM »
Maugan-Ra has 2 quotes in 3rd edition codex pages 3 and 59
Phoenix Lords first appear in 2nd edition codex, even then there is not very much info on them.