News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Star Wars RPG III [Game thread]  (Read 15532 times)

Offline Heretek

• General Freyberg | Out, damn'd Grot! | Ork Boy
  • Lazerous Penguin
Re: Star Wars RPG III [Game thread]
« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2011, 11:15:56 PM »
"Important job for you, Sael," Fal called out from under the hyperdrive. "Hit the comm and tell Xall that you can fix a hyperdrive right or fast, and only one of those options doesn't end with us magically transforming into a cloud of debris."

Despite the sarcasm Fal was working as fast as possible, ready to give the word to re-engage the fuel lines the second the drive was set to go.

Offline Cortez

« Reply #41 on: September 22, 2011, 11:35:17 PM »
Sho'ana jumped into the turret's control seat, and activated the HUD.

Mindful of wasting power which could be used for the shield, she proceeded to provide defensive fire, targeting the enemy TIE fighters as they made their attack runs.

"Can't you guys get that hyperdrive finished any faster?"
Quote from: arah
first thing you dont need to mob opponents as marines. YOU ARE SPACE MARINES DAMNIT MOBBING IS FOR OKRS!!!
Quote from: Starrakatt of the Chortling Chainsaw
Self proclaimed kings - that's three now: Seer Fox, Thalandir, Shloeb... Self proclaimed gods are bigger, meaner and mightier.

Offline Gunner1116

« Reply #42 on: September 22, 2011, 11:57:55 PM »
Sael hit the comm link button and said, "You want to die now or later? Cause are only options are to hurry up and die or work carefully and live a bit longer."
"Don't take life too seriously, you'll never make it out alive."

Offline Cortez

« Reply #43 on: September 23, 2011, 12:17:51 AM »
"If you don't hurry up, we're gonna die anyway!" replied Sho'ana.

Seeing her bursts of turret fire being largely innefective against the horde of TIEs, she disengaged the turrets, and returned to the cockpit.

"Did you miss me, boys?"
first thing you dont need to mob opponents as marines. YOU ARE SPACE MARINES DAMNIT MOBBING IS FOR OKRS!!!
Self proclaimed kings - that's three now: Seer Fox, Thalandir, Shloeb... Self proclaimed gods are bigger, meaner and mightier.

Offline WisdomLS

• Ork Yoof
  • BLOOD FOR THE ..... emperor?
  • Armies: SM (BA, BT, DA), Orks, Daemons, CSM, GK, IG
« Reply #44 on: September 23, 2011, 09:35:38 AM »
"Of course we missed you my dear, the only good part about you leaving a room is the view" said Xall with a wink as he avoided a near miss with an attacking tie.

He re-oriented the ship for a straight run at the co-ordinates of the small 'window' and tapped the shield strength indicator in frustration.

"Could you do me a favour and re-route some of the emergency power to the front shield arc we're gonna be cutting quite close to that interdictor if we want to make it to the spot Ferrell has found us to get out of here."
Smiling he added "That is assuming we have hyperdrive when and indeed if we make it there."

Offline Heretek

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #45 on: September 26, 2011, 01:45:45 AM »
OOC: Just wanted to check if you're waiting for me to finish fixing the hyperdrive, Swampy. I wasn't sure if that should be a GM-controlled thing or not.

Offline Cortez

« Reply #46 on: September 26, 2011, 02:49:02 AM »
OOC: Whereas I feel like a headless chicken right about now. And WisdomLS, stop staring at my butt :P

Offline SwampyTurtle

• Captain
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • "Death is no respite from War"
    • Behind the lines gaming blog
  • Armies: Tau (Jar'kai Sept);Tanith 1st;Phantine Skyborne IG
« Reply #47 on: September 26, 2011, 09:25:38 AM »
OOC: Just wanted to check if you're waiting for me to finish fixing the hyperdrive, Swampy. I wasn't sure if that should be a GM-controlled thing or not.

Never fear, that would be GM controled. update it coming soon Khemri, Ive just been busy with school. Sorry about that  :-[
Also , I was VERY impressed with have you wrote out fixing the hyperdrive. Nicely done Khemri  ;)

OOC: Whereas I feel like a headless chicken right about now. And WisdomLS, stop staring at my butt :P

I love the chemistry between Xall and Sho'ana. Nice job on the Role playing!

Record:                                    W/L/D
Jar'kia Sept:                                  5/6/3
Tanith 1st:                                    2/0/2

my blog:  Behind the Lines gaming

Offline Cortez

« Reply #48 on: September 26, 2011, 08:32:43 PM »
OOC: Yeah, it was a bit awkward at first, but it gives our characters some depth already, I'm enjoying it :P

Offline SwampyTurtle

• Captain
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #49 on: October 1, 2011, 09:52:36 PM »
Roche Asteroid field
Outlier system
2.5 Years after battle of Yain

GM note:

(Ooc) first off I want to say im sorry for the lack of updates of late, Ive been very busy with university and have been trying to keep on top there. Please be aware that I intend fully to keep this RPG going. Updates maybe coming on the weekends from now on (call it Saturday / Sunday night) then during the week.  Also im sorry if you feel this update is less than par. Im feeling sick and tired. I promoise the next one will be better.  Thank you (/ooc)

Sho'ana Lanii got done manning the turrets and returned to the cockpit. During her time in the turret she had fire off a round blast hitting two TIEs and forcing the pilots into evasive maneuvers. Finally after wasting a few more shots, she returned to the cockpit asking if the boys had missed her. Sitting down in the chair behind Das, she noted that her little stunt had forced the TIEs squadron leader to force them into a guessing game. Now no longer doing strait strafing runs against the YT-2000, the TIEs instead seemed to try to be herding the ship towards the tractor beams of the Imperial star destroyer (ISD), now identified as the Vengeance. Throwing the shields to the forward position, she felt the ship rock as the TIEs did another strafing run against the ship hitting the hull.  Looking at the tactical display she noted the escape victor and hoped the Vengeance’s captain wasn’t aware of what Xall had planned for their escape route….

Sael Hirikt and Fal Bari in the hyper drive compartment meanwhile had been hard at work on the hyper drive.  After making sure his work as was clean and precise Fal had watched as Sael carried out his orders and then set about fixing the hyper drive with the tools he had. Eventually, he noted that, while it would work, it was mostly being held together with spit and a prayer. Looking over at Sael, he noted “this thing is good for only one jump, Xals got to make it work cause if he doesn’t, we’ll burn it out” then pointing to the side compartment he noted “theres two back up hyper drives back there that if our main burns out we can salvage or try to use. However that will make the journey twice as long and may cause more structural damage to the ships frame” Feeling the ship rattle again as blast hit the ship, Fal noted the pang of the blast as if it was hitting metal full force, that Fallen Xall must have swung the shields full forwards if they were alreadying hitting the hull. Suddenly he felt the sweat forming on his brow as the generator in the hyper drive gave a gentle whine and slowly started up…..

Xallonax Ishess meanwhile in the cockpit had swung the Syned Dawn around and was aiming towards the escape vector. The ISD captain must have noticed it for the TIE wings started doing strafing runs against the shields and hull. Xall was sure if he had had the comms on he would have been getting yelled at from the ISD’s comm. Officer.  Behind him, he heard Lanii gulp as the ship rocked, and the metal strained. Xall then noted the click on his panel as the hyper drive button gave a gentle hum and started warming up…….

Das  had been able to get the coordinates from the computer and forwarded them to the hyper drive and Xal. Noting that Lanii had returned from the guns he set about setting the guns to defense fire to keep the TIEs off their back as he switched the shields to the forward position and reversed powered from weapons to the hyper drive and the engines. This would leave them virtually defenseless but their engine output would hopefully allow them to outrun the TIEs and the ISDs.  As the TIEs did another run against their hull hitting metal and plates, Das felt for sure that the ship was about to give in or have a breach, looking over at the picture of his wife he kept near his seat, he hoped that the empire hadn’t found her since their escape from Twin Suns Service platform a week earlier. Once they had gotten the message that they were now traitors to the empire, Das had felt his whole world coming down, and everything he knew coming to an end. Shaking his head, he brought himself out of the past and into the present, and the trouble that it brought with it….

Quick recap:

Das is in the cockpit with Xal and Lanii. He has swung the power towards the engines and shields leaving the Dawn virtually defenseless

Xal is piloting the ship over the hull of the Interdictor as he maneuvers and weaves to escape the TIEs and imperials. He has noted the hyper drive is now functional again…

Sael and Fal are in the hyper drive compartment, they have gotten the hyper drive working again but it could burn out at any moment. They are ready to head to the backup hyper drives in the next compartment over if the main one burns out or bust…

Lanii is in the main cockpit behind Das. She has been taking data on the Imperial star destroyer and is assitng Das with the tactical display and escape coordinates.

Offline Heretek

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #50 on: October 2, 2011, 10:35:07 PM »
Worming out from beneath the hyperdrive as the ship rocked with another hit to the hull, Fal hit the comm stud on the wall and called breathlessly up to the cockpit.

"We've got hyperdrive Xal, but you're only to get one good jump out of her. Make it count!"

Fal was already turning away before his finger was off the button, making for the backup drives. Neither were going to be reliable; one had a cracked intake valve that wouldn't last more than a few jumps and the other was little more than spare parts already. He hooked a diagnostics tablet up to the first, running through systems checks as fast as he could.

If the main drive clapped out (more like when, he thought), he'd swap in the first spare and pray they didn't suffer a catastrophic blowback. The alternative was trying to build a working hyperdrive from three broken ones, while under fire from the Imperial navy. Hopefully, they'd be able to get clear before he had to try.

Offline Cortez

« Reply #51 on: October 2, 2011, 11:28:35 PM »
OOC: Khemri: Do, or do not, there is no try.

Just had to put that in there. OOC

Offline WisdomLS

• Ork Yoof
  • BLOOD FOR THE ..... emperor?
  • Armies: SM (BA, BT, DA), Orks, Daemons, CSM, GK, IG
« Reply #52 on: October 3, 2011, 12:50:06 PM »
Sweat beaded on Xall's brow as he swerved along the underside of the interdictor barely 10m from its hull.
Cutting this close to the enemy ship offered good protection because the ties were wary of engaging so close to the main ship and it's large guns had trouble tracking the small freighter at such short range, but if one did manage a hit they were done for.

Hearing Fal's message Xall hit the intercom button "thanks buddy, you two better hold on to something down there this is gonna get even rougher".

With that he swung the ship toward the hyperspace jump point and diverted all the ships power to the enegines pinning everyone to there seats as the inertial dampners struggled to cope with the sudden acceleration.
Jinking the ship about like his life depended on it (because it did) he flashed a boyish grin towards Sho'ana "Any chance of a good luck kiss?" and then he reached for the hyperdrive levers.
« Last Edit: October 3, 2011, 12:51:59 PM by WisdomLS »

Offline Chie Satonaka

• Fsteak
« Reply #53 on: October 3, 2011, 05:02:28 PM »
Ferrell rolled his eyes. "Get us into hyperspace right now or you won't be around for any kisses," he said angrily. "I've given you the coordinates, now let's get moving!"
Play League of Legends? Send me a friend request: IGN: "IRiseAgainstYou" NA server.

Offline Gunner1116

« Reply #54 on: October 3, 2011, 07:44:48 PM »
Sael silently waited for orders from Fal. He had learned long ago that it wasn't a good idea to interrupt someone when they were working on something that could end up in them losing their life. It would be best if Fal's attention was directed on what needed to be done, not on some soldiers questions.

His hand grasped the blaster at his side and he yearned for a time when he would be able to effect what happened.

Offline Cortez

« Reply #55 on: October 3, 2011, 08:31:28 PM »
"Xall, you get us out of here, and that might just be a possibility." said Sho'ana, flashing an equally charming smile back at Xall.

Checking her restraints, she glanced at the information coming from the nav computer.

Offline SwampyTurtle

• Captain
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #56 on: October 3, 2011, 08:55:15 PM »
Roche Asteroid field
Outlier System
2.5 Years after battle of Yain

Suddenly, the hyper drive function lit up. Xall swung the ship past the underbelly of the Interdictor and out into the area outside of its gravitational bubble, before hitting the hyper drive lever and pulling it down….

For a moment the Syned Dawn hung in motionless suspension…..then the stars pull them and the ship into the endless depts of hyper space, they had escaped…

(ooc) how hyper space works in-game terms. While in hyperspace the Players basically have a free turn to banter , Role play a little, or just explore their character a little more. Think intermission between acts at a play or the like.  After this turn, you all revert back to real space (assuming all goes well) and the GM (me) will continue the story. Any questions, are of course welcome  (/ooc)

Offline Gunner1116

« Reply #57 on: October 3, 2011, 09:17:11 PM »
"Well, I guess we can now consider ourselves rebels." Sael said as a small smile emerged on his face. Cracking his knuckles he said, "About time we chose a side." and headed to the cockpit.

When there he says, "Where are we headed?"

Offline Cortez

« Reply #58 on: October 3, 2011, 10:34:37 PM »
Breathing a sigh of relief, Sho'ana undid her restraints.

"I need a drink. Care to join me?"

Offline Heretek

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #59 on: October 4, 2011, 03:48:37 AM »
"What are you sounding so pleased about?" Fal said sourly as he followed Sael out of the engine room. "If we weren't running cargo for the rebels, we'd never have been in this mess in the first place."