News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: I challenge you to a 40k duel  (Read 3649 times)

Offline blinky jungle(REM)

• Parachuting oranges to soldiers? Whats Next?
I challenge you to a 40k duel
« on: April 2, 2011, 06:41:54 AM »
This is like counter the unit but as that is dead I thought I would start something similar. Your aim is to utterly destroy the person's before unit.
Rules are:
You can have any non-apoc units(yes you can have multiple).
You are allowed 1000 points.
You are allowed to shoot once then you have to assault.
You can be positioned anywhere around your enemy units.
You are not allowed to use the same unit more than once a page.
You do not have to field a HQ and 2 troops, you can field all elites if you want.
You can position your unit in cover if you want.
No-multi codex units.
You must state the points and upgrades.

This my unit from the new Grey Knight codex:

9 paladins, an Apothecary, A librarian and a brotherhood champion
All paladins and apothecaries have Nemesis force Falchions and Psybolt ammo except one with a Brotherhood banner and one with a Nemesis Warding Stave. 4 of the Falchion wielding Paladins exchange stormbolters for incinerators. Librarian has nemesis daemon hammer and the psychic powers Quick silver and Might of titan.(990 points)

This army is tiny but super elite and I would never field it in a normal game but this is for fun and to create super units.

Eg the way I'll start it off is by sending above units to wade through as many SM tactical squads as is allowed for 1000 points then consolidate into middle of area terrain. I win the battle due to My re-roll to hit hitting on 3+, 2+ to wound due to Hammerhand and Might of titan and strike first due to quicksilver, then ignores armour saves due to force weapons.

On the charge I have over 50 S6, Ws5, ignoring armour saves, re-roll to hit and I10. I challenge you to a 40k duel. Unfortunately I won't be charging

(I suggest hording me, also try not to give away too many stats and ability due to GW copyright, Have fun)

« Last Edit: April 2, 2011, 09:03:27 AM by blinky jungle(REM) »
House M.D is amazing(Watch it)
REM is amazing(Listen to it)
Subliminal messaging is amazing(Read it)

Offline Grand Master Lomandalis

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
  • We were murderers first, last, and always!
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Custodes, Knights, Night Lords
Re: I challenge you to a 40k duel
« Reply #1 on: April 3, 2011, 09:42:27 PM »
Let's see if I got this right then shall we?

To counter that jumble of fun (and having more than one unit) that comes out to a thousand points I would use a Master of the Forge, 3 Ironclads, 3 Dreadnaughts, and three land speeders with multi-melta's.  1000pts on the dot.

Everything shoots you before charging in, theoretically kill approximately 3 paladins just from the melta weaponry alone.  The combined charge of the dreadnaughts and the MotF should kill another 5-6.  The only thing that can hurt the dreadnaughts is your Daemonhammer.  You may knock one or two out of commision with two lucky hits, but by the second round of combat the dreadnaughts will finish off that unit.
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
Well I always liked the globals...
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...

Offline blinky jungle(REM)

• Parachuting oranges to soldiers? Whats Next?
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2011, 11:48:02 AM »
3 vanilla dreadknights+2 venerable Dreadnoughts(From gk codex)+vindicare assassin+Ordos heriticus inquisitor+6 death cult assassins.

Over 20 S10 attacks+2 dreads dead from shooting=I win.
House M.D is amazing(Watch it)
REM is amazing(Listen to it)
Subliminal messaging is amazing(Read it)

Offline The Nightwalker

• Ork Boy
  • Just Passing Through
  • Armies: Deffskullz
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2011, 11:21:27 PM »
Imperial Guard Command Squad +4 Meltaguns 90pts
Ministorum Priest +Eviscerator 60pts
Platoon Squad +2 meltaguns +lascannon 70pts
7 Infantry Squads 350pts
50 Conscripts 200pts
1 platoon squad 30pts

Simple Enough. Put the Priest in with the conscripts. Fire with the cannon and meltas, to hurt and kill some if not all of your heavy supports. Then rush forward and swarm. I think I have enough men to do it.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2011, 11:23:00 PM by The Nightwalker »

Offline Starstrider3

• You shall not escape the Starstriders!
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2011, 02:29:54 PM »
Lets give this thing a go.

3 Wraithlords, each with dual flamers, shuriken cannons and scatter lasers, 360pts

(10 Storm Guardians with 2 flamers, Warlock with Destructor) times 5, 635pts

995pts

Guardians and Warlocks flame and fire pistols, Wraithlords flame and fire weapons. Kill lots but not all. Wraithlords and Storm Guardians assault survivors. Wraithlords can't be hurt in combat by you, Warlocks stop them failing wraithsight tests. You're gradually worn down over rounds of combat to nothingness. My massed shooting, high initiative and numerous attacks should reduce your squad sizes sufficiently that the number of survivors are unable to cause enough casualties on my Storm Guardians to win combat and cause my Lords to take wounds from Fearless.
"There is no corner of the galaxy that has not felt the eagle-keen gaze of Alaitoc."
Elarique Swiftblade, Autarch of Alaitoc

The Dark City A Dark Eldar Dedicated Forum

Offline Daorcboy

• For da WAAAAAGH!!!
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2011, 12:19:59 AM »
5 mobs of 30 boyz each (900 points) and a weirdboy with Warp'ead (90)

Shooting kills 25 storm guardians, with the weirdboy either blasting more, zapping a wraithlord, waaaghing, or giving his mob more attacks.  Then the charge, with 600 attacks, 300 hits, which causes 50 wounds if on the Wraithlords, or 200 on the guardians.  You no longer exist.

Offline The GrimSqueaker

• The Badger on the Road | Staff Infection Officer | Debased Vassal Slayer | Title Barfly | XOXOXO Gossip Girl | Bent Over
  • Global Moderator
  • From the Fourth Necromantic House
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2011, 12:34:39 AM »
[gmod]May was kind of a while ago. You think anyone is actually paying attention?[/gmod]
Quote from: @TracyAuGoGO
Tact is for people who are too slow witted to be sarcastic.
Drink
Knights Tippler
Quote from: Surviving the World
If you can't make fun of something, it's probably not worth taking seriously.

You have to love the smell of science in the morning. It smells of learning.... or perhaps a gas leak.