News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Adeptus Mechanicus  (Read 7718 times)

Offline Amphetamine Parrot

Adeptus Mechanicus
« on: July 19, 2009, 05:41:32 PM »
Was on Bell of Lost Souls the other day and saw a poll "what new army codex would you like to see the most" and the Adeptus Mechanicus was voted most popular by a large margin. I've been reading an awful lot about the Adeptus Mechanicus since then, and found myself wondering a few things:

- were there ever any official rules concerning the adeptus mechanicus other than for the imperial guard Techpriests and Techmarines and servitors?

- were there ever any models released for the adeptus mechanicus?

- does anyone know of any online communities devoted completely or just in-part to the Adeptus Mechanicus?

- is there any fan-made lists out there that work well for fielding a Mechanicus force? Would an existing or outdated list work well as a Mechanicus list?

- What do you, as 40K players, believe are the chances that GW would release an Adeptus Mechanicus codex or even a combined codex (like the Witch Hunters) with Xenos Hunters/ Mechanicus/ arbites / etc.?

If this post belongs somewhere else I apologize to Rasmus in advance for posting it here...

I DEMAND NEW DARK ELDAR!!!

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
  • Lost Roads are now found!
    • 40kOnline
  • Armies: Squats
Re: Adeptus Mechanicus
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2009, 02:55:42 AM »
1. No.
2. Yes, several models existed, including a squat one.
3.  -
4. Yes, several on this forum.
5. Within the next 5-10 years? 1%

Lost Roads - finally released!

YouTube-clip of my Squat army.

Offline The Ecclesiarch

• Be Pure, Be Vigiliant, Obey!
  • Armies: Forces of the Imperium, Da Boyz, CHAOS.
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2009, 11:07:16 AM »
Hmm years ago during 2 Edition you used to get a few units that were representative of the Adeptus Mechanicus namely Electro Priests and others i cant even begin to remember. Hopefully G.W will eventually release a codex but dont hold your breathe mate.
+++ Ecclesiastical Proverbs +++
Blasphemy cries out for purgation from the faithful.
Blessed are the war makers.
By Bolter and Flamer we purify the faithless.
Hate sanctifies faith.
Anger and Hatred are mankind's highest virtues.
Let he who would be without sin cast the first grenade.
To be bigoted is human, to be unrepentant of thy bigotry is divine.
Tolerance is ignorance.
+++ Scribe Jack Hanson, Terra +++

Offline Shas'Oink

• Sky Ray Pimp Daddy | Infinity Circuit | Ban me, I dare you! | The Fallen didn't fall, they were pushed. | Winner of the 2008 40K Online Longest Title Competition, awarded again with oak leaves, five years and running | Now with O:nkling! | Axe
  • Ancient
  • 87% sure I'm straight
    • oinks overambitious terrain project(s)
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2009, 07:27:42 AM »
I've got a set of mechanicum priests and classic servitors which are, as far as I know - very limited and most of the very few dedicated mechanicum miniatures.

However, do note that most imperial armies have models which are drawn from the mechanicum and or that can be used to represent mechanicum style units.

Imperial guard and space marine tech-priests/marines are two obvious examples, but lets not forget the inquisitor retinue models, which include all manner of servo skulls and data recorders etc - plus things like the electropriest.

You should probably read "Mechanicum" if you have not already done so. Plus, "Fallen Angels" also has some mechanicum in there too... finally look into the inquisitor rulebook (if you can get hold of one) as it has lots of tid-bits about them which you may find useful.

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
  • Lost Roads are now found!
    • 40kOnline
  • Armies: Squats
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2009, 07:43:22 AM »
For simple inspiration, the portrayal of Octavius, the Adeptus Mechanicus Techpriest in Damnatus is pretty much spot.on. The problem is of course to obtain a copy of Damnatus, as GW strangled it.

Lost Roads - finally released!

YouTube-clip of my Squat army.

Offline Rakuall

• Never bet against the house
  • Hombrew (Chapter/Legion/Swarm/Warband/etc.) FTW
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2009, 07:27:07 PM »
This here is a pretty decent codex.
http://www.tempusfugitives.co.uk/pdf/40k/Codex%20Cult%20Mechanicus.pdf
(note that I am NOT the author)
"I don't believe in no win scenarios." -Captain James T. Kirk, USS Enterprise - NCC 1701
"Why do you always bother me when I'm drinking?" -Max Milini
"That's a relatively open weave and I can still see your nipular area." -Chandler Bing

My brother, now deceased:
http://keegancrack.deviantart.com/

Offline RedRaven

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2010, 06:17:36 PM »
 Several months back bought copy of Dark Mechanicum and got talking to the store manager about possibilities of an Adeptus Mechanicus Codex, though he did not know for certain / was not allowed to say he did mention the possibility of a future book covering all 3 branches of the Inquisition, Sisters of Battle and Adeptus Mechanicus forces.

If it is to be is any bodies guess but it would be the perfect chance to re-vamp the Grey Knights and expand on Death Watch kill teams as well as lots of shiny nice new things for the Mechanicus. Personally would like to see 40k scale Knight class Titans (if anyone remembers them from the end period of the original 'Epic' games?)
 Think they would be an excellent counter-part to the Ork stompers, specially if they come out as a plastic kit.

Offline The GrimSqueaker

• The Badger on the Road | Staff Infection Officer | Debased Vassal Slayer | Title Barfly | XOXOXO Gossip Girl | Bent Over
  • Global Moderator
  • From the Fourth Necromantic House
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2010, 09:10:13 PM »
2009 was such a long time ago. Let the thread sleep rather than engage in heresay.
Quote from: @TracyAuGoGO
Tact is for people who are too slow witted to be sarcastic.
Drink
Knights Tippler
Quote from: Surviving the World
If you can't make fun of something, it's probably not worth taking seriously.

You have to love the smell of science in the morning. It smells of learning.... or perhaps a gas leak.