News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: About to embark [Orks, after a fashion]  (Read 2057 times)

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
  • Lost Roads are now found!
    • 40kOnline
  • Armies: Squats
About to embark [Orks, after a fashion]
« on: January 30, 2009, 08:04:35 AM »
So, I started playing this game back at the dawn of time.

After building a rather sizable Eldar Host I decided I wanted something different, and started in on an All Death Company Army (which was legal back in 3rd ed), and then into Fantasy. My projects to date include

Eldar Host (20+k points, including some titans and superheavies and a whole lot of Harlequins
All DeathCompany
Eat Hot Plasma Death! - Dark Angels, pretty much Plasmaweapons galore.
Squats - and yes, they are lovingly restored

Dark Elves
High Elves including... um... 6 Dragons?
Tomb Kings
Slaanesh 6-6-6 (it is not just a statline, it is an armycomposition)

Now, as the Squats are nearing completion (14 figures to go) I have decidex to start on a new project.
This will be based on the Orkoid Fact that Orkimedes (you know, Ghaz's brainboy) is not alone, and that there are others. One of these, Sorkrates, has picked out a young Boss; Sorat the Disembowler, and bestowed him with the most awesome gear seen in an ork's age. This includes mind-splitting weapons, waagh-inducing vehicles and dead'ard armour for him and his lads.
My aim is to convert an entire DeathWing army (all termies, dreads and such) into orks, and as the army is exceedingly small (about 30 models at 2k) I figure I can devote a great deal of time to each model and not get bored out of my mind doing it.

The question now is, should I make a blog out of this, and document how this rather ... unusual Waagh! grows into being, or should I just leave it be and post the army up when it is complete?

What say ye?

Lost Roads - finally released!

YouTube-clip of my Squat army.

Offline Fugitive

• Major, Best Painted Sentinel
  • Tuseday is soylent green day.
    • my portfolio
Re: About to embark [Orks, after a fashion]
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2009, 04:36:09 PM »
Short answer: Yes!

Long(er) answer: Do it. I like seeing how armies progress. I like orks. I like well done "counts as" armies. I would really appreciate seeing how the different convertions are done and what counts as what. Rather than just seeing the finished product. I really don't see any drawbacks with you making a blog. Well no drawbacks for me, I suppose it would require more work from your end.  :)

I survived the "CoC Crackdown".

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
    • 40kOnline
« Reply #2 on: February 4, 2009, 03:15:33 AM »
I have started preliminary work on a blog, but decided not to post anything at the moment, since I am not quite done with the squats yet (three two models and three markers to go). Once I am actually ready to begin I will set up a new blog, and post there.
Now, the blogs are not visible at the moment, but they will be shortly, and I will start posting it up then.
It is not a very big project, but I am sure it may be interesting for at least some, humorous for others, and mildly annoying to the rest, making it more than worth while. :)

Offline Khain Mor (/kharandhil)

• <3 huskblades
    • Dark Moon Kabal
« Reply #3 on: February 5, 2009, 07:56:41 AM »
Yep it's a great idea, I love seeing big crazy armies, I'm a fan myself of huge armies.

I'm glad you're finally considering posting some of your stuff right here.
The Dark Moon Kabal ,possibly the biggest DE army ever!
over 20k and awesome, what more do you need to click? (last updated the 02/03/2012)

Nothing better than killing a thousand slaves to wake up in the morning.

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
    • 40kOnline
« Reply #4 on: February 5, 2009, 08:30:28 AM »
Yep it's a great idea, I love seeing big crazy armies, I'm a fan myself of huge armies.
   This is by no means a huge army. At 2k it will be... under 30 models in total.
I have had my share of huge armies - the Eldar would fill a large percentage of the floor in my flat if I deployed them all at once. :)

Offline Fugitive

• Major, Best Painted Sentinel
  • Tuseday is soylent green day.
    • my portfolio
« Reply #5 on: February 5, 2009, 02:18:55 PM »
I have started preliminary work on a blog, but decided not to post anything at the moment, since I am not quite done with the squats yet (three two models and three markers to go). Once I am actually ready to begin I will set up a new blog, and post there.
Now, the blogs are not visible at the moment, but they will be shortly, and I will start posting it up then.
It is not a very big project, but I am sure it may be interesting for at least some, humorous for others, and mildly annoying to the rest, making it more than worth while. :)

I'm glad too se that you're doing the blog and that the squats are very near compleation. Looking forwrard to some orky conversions.

I survived the "CoC Crackdown".

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
    • 40kOnline
« Reply #6 on: February 5, 2009, 03:07:03 PM »
The squats are now done, I am just varnishing the last few models, and saturday I am taking all the pictures. This means - next week; Orks!

Edit: And we are live!
« Last Edit: February 9, 2009, 12:15:52 PM by Rasmus »