News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 40k Online Tale of 3 Gamers [picture heavy]  (Read 44953 times)

Offline Jonik

• Field Marshal
  • Ancient
Re: 40k Online Tale of 17 Gamers
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2008, 04:09:32 AM »
OK I've started painting my stormtroopers, but am having slight issues with the UK camo pattern I chose.

It looks...ok... but its probably more the fact I haven't finished the rest of the model so the black is sapping out all the colour I've put in.

Tolaren 23rd Grenadiers - Jonik's Imperial Guard 'Tale'
Chariots of the Dead - Jonik's Tomb Kings 'Tale'

My BfSP Dwarfs in exchange for your BfSP Goblins! PM me! I'm still looking!

Offline -V-

• Infinity Circuit | O:nk's my painting bitch | Ork Yoof
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Fear the Shuriken
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2008, 07:37:59 AM »
personally jonik i really love that camo scheme, i think that its just the black being dominant that you dont like but i think these will look amazing when youve put more colour on them.

Offline Kronoss

« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2008, 07:57:33 AM »
Oh Woaw, nice work with the Stoormtrooper schema. Why I this is cause I personal like the military style on your stoormtroopers and guards.

Even if i also like painting guards more of fluff wise aswell like my IG's are recruited from Ultramar sector with spacemarine blue and Ultra sign on their pads, ofc i have a hell of a longer way to go with them, since well im lasy at painting but appreciate others work :)
Played Warhammer 40k constantly since ?1998.

Offline Jonik

• Field Marshal
  • Ancient
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2008, 08:34:25 AM »
Cool, then I shall paint the others' camo in the same way!

Now to work out what colout armour they need to have... My main infantry are like follows:

so I want to be different to them... but still keeping the woodland theme. So scorched brown is off the list for the moment I think. I was thinking blask, so maybe if I paint all the accessories the black won't look too bad...
« Last Edit: February 13, 2008, 09:05:47 AM by Jonik »

Offline -V-

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Fear the Shuriken
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2008, 12:52:11 PM »
ok right now i am stuck in a rut... a pretty big one at that.

I am feeling no love towards my eldar at the moment, i have no inspirational ideas for colour schemes, I have no real will to start a second army of them and every time i go to paint them i think i want to paint something else.

I want to do a fantasy army, in particular I want to do empire or bretonnians and i have the inspiration and ideas and willingness to do these.

would you good people mind if i changed my army from eldar to one of these?  I would start them next month with a £25 starting price so that i havent spent any more than any one else?

what say you all?

Offline Jonik

• Field Marshal
  • Ancient
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2008, 12:55:58 PM »
Personally I'd let you have £75, but have to paint it all up in 1 month, ust so you're up to date with everyone else, (or even buy £75 now, and you have until end of march) since its not really a competition.

I'd say no if it were end of march or later though. Too late to change then really.

Offline Alexander's Son

• Mentor - Newbies feel free to ask for any help.
    • Alexander Son's web page
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2008, 01:09:18 PM »
 I am totally supporting Jonik on his post and you Valar on changing your mind and your army!
Thanks to all the people showing faith in me

I sometimes feel that everyone will leave me and they will be on their own...

A suspicious mind is a healthy mind

Offline Ion

• 10 shots, one kill.
    • Ion's 40k Blog
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2008, 01:35:56 PM »
I think what I am gonna end up doing is taking the $10 penalty next month for not painting my guys this month. (I'm trying, I really am!)  Then I'll just get my codex next month and finish up these guys and then get a nice leman russ or something the month after with all the extra leftover money. (I'm already sick of infantry... ugh...).

Offline -V-

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Fear the Shuriken
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2008, 01:38:53 PM »
Personally I'd let you have £75, but have to paint it all up in 1 month, ust so you're up to date with everyone else, (or even buy £75 now, and you have until end of march) since its not really a competition.

I'd say no if it were end of march or later though. Too late to change then really.

I am totally supporting Jonik on his post and you Valar on changing your mind and your army!

okies thanks so much guys.  In that case i am very happy.  I shall start again next month with £75 and whatever i buy must be painted within that month as per the rules... which means that I would have a hectic month but i think since the inspiration and drive would be there it would be much easier.

Thanks again guys, for the oppinions and quick responses 

ok I shall start again this month.  I have chosen Bretonnians over empire although i was sorely sorley tempted by the plastic hellblaster and rocket battery..... Ive never had the pleasure of using black powder weapons... oh well rocks are just as good huh?

Got my first purchases in mind, will be going to GW next week so I shall update then. (probably Monday)

and since i will start this month instead of holding off i shall use £50 this month and £25 following as normal.

updated and changed, please read and comment as i am looking for oppinions.  Link

I was thinking to have all the horses barded in the livery and colours of the main lord in order to make the whole force look coherant, but then on each individual knight have their own heraldry on the shields, clothing and the heraldric shield on the horses barding if that makes sense?  I want to add some sense of individuality to the nobles of Bretonnia.

The problem there is coming up with a colour for the horses that will go with everything else and still look coherant without copying others I have seen in this style.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2008, 08:22:05 AM by Jonik »

Offline Arkion

« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2008, 04:00:04 PM »
I must say it's been an interesting month!  I have paitned quite a number of Space Marines; however, they haven't been the Storm Lords I anticipated!

I decided to take all my left-over ebay purchased marines (the ones with the little U on the shoulder) and put them on a table, and lo and behold!  They came out to 1000 points exactly!

Thus, I set aside the Storm Lords project so I could spraypaint a bunch of stuff Blue and get it to Table Top standards in time for the Tournament at the end of the month.

I'll do the math on this a little later and penalize myself appropriately - just letting you all know I haven't been slacking!

Offline Alexander's Son

« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2008, 09:02:30 AM »
 I have 3 bikes to finish, their riders and the scouts... but I'm not anxious. Yet!

Offline Jonik

• Field Marshal
  • Ancient
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2008, 09:38:19 AM »
Just a small update, I have all the fatigues of this month's models done. :)

Offline nurgle5

« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2008, 11:11:35 AM »
I finally have something to show!
I'm not sure what i'm using these as yet. Either Men-at-Arms or Skeletons.As the GT draws ever nearer, the fickle hands of fate and finance prevent me building a beastmen army :'(. So I've opted to try and scrape up an Undead or Brettonian army. Hope you like the pics,  It took a week of evenings to paint these but 4 days to get the pics onto my crappy PC:

The basing just about killed me but i had a really fun time painting them. There are 24 of them in the unit with full command.

Offline Alexander's Son

« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2008, 11:16:54 AM »
nurgle I like them a lot... especially the banner. Well done!

Offline nurgle5

« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2008, 11:26:30 AM »
Cheers ;).
I'm currently working on a Duke on Griffon that was donated by the local GW, but i lost the blooming wings! It really has been a case of "misfortune strikes back". I'm not using it without wings, so it may be a month or two before i deduct it from my army allowance and actually finish it.
I've spent E60....so I've E20 left.

Offline Alexander's Son

« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2008, 11:32:03 AM »
I'm currently working on a Duke on Griffon that was donated by the local GW

I think you must be the one and only case getting donations from GW...  ;) Cheers man  ;D

Offline Razyus

• I wish things got done
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Takes a long time to build a cathedral of hate
« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2008, 11:51:18 AM »
So I want with my Reruit a regiment army. I've got about 6 or so guys left and a chimaera. Yay.

That is if you let me split my two Necromunda gangs so I can paint half of each each month.

Razyus
What sort of evil good for nothing bastard stares out a window, or ducks, or materialises during a bloody good game of cricket

Offline nurgle5

« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2008, 11:54:56 AM »
It was more of mini comp. Finish your army before a redshirt and get a 20euro discount. So i used my discount to get a free griffon ;D.

Offline -V-

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Fear the Shuriken
« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2008, 12:35:45 PM »
well there is no chance of me finishing my purchases this month as i got started so late, but i will definitely be giving it a crack every free chance i get, although i refuse to lower the quality of the finish just to up the yield.

nice to see some updates with pics turning up i shall do my best to get pics within the next few days

and to all those boasting about their GW shops shut up im jealous lol  ;) i want a local store so i can actually get involved with the GW community.

Offline insane0018

• Jack's Painting
« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2008, 05:23:41 PM »
Congrats to everybody. I have finished my allotment for this month but my camera has been broken....:(. Aside from that, I have picked up a commission for 30 sisters of battle to be done by march 15.... no rest for the weary.

Other than that, words of motivation

Keep at it, even if you only do one model then that is one less than you have to do later. Otherwise just stay posative :)

Best of luck