News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Thousand Sons Commission Blog: FINISHED!!!!!  (Read 8803 times)

Offline No Remorse

• Ancient
Thousand Sons Commission Blog: FINISHED!!!!!
« on: January 8, 2008, 06:11:49 PM »
Well after a couple of months without much to post I finally have a pic to show you all. Between selling our house, buying a new house and making a big move, Oh and of course becoming a new father all within the month before Xmas I haven't had much time to paint, but I have been picking at  a commission I got just before Xmas.

Here is the first WIP, so far I have spent WAY TOO LONG on these guys, I would guess about 4 hours+ per mini. And only having for 2 to 6 hours a day to paint now, means this commission has dragged on much longer than I would have liked because I would like to get these guys into my customers hands ASAP. After finishing off 18 Marines I will have 18 demons (which I just got underway a couple of days ago), 5 Termies and 1 sorcerer. When will they invent the 48 hour day...

Obviously I have not finished the silver nor the gold on the weapons, and some minor details need to be done. I also plan on giving the yellow one more glaze to darken the recesses up a bit more as they really don't fit in with the rest of the scheme right now.

Oh and if you are wondering everything but the metal was done using my glazing technique.

Here is the piccie, sorry for the lack of cropping, I had a pic all edited and such, but forgot my thumb drive (since I no longer have access to the net where I live). I will repost the link tomorrow with that pic.

« Last Edit: March 1, 2008, 12:21:09 PM by No Remorse »

Offline Jehan-Reznor

• The Dude in Japan
Re: Thousand Sons Commission Blog
« Reply #1 on: January 8, 2008, 06:17:10 PM »
Looking great so far, did you made any close ups?
"this can't be happening, Man!"
my projects;
http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?topic=169427.0 budhhist space marines
http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?topic=163611.0 Doombringer my space marine chapter
http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?topic=150109.0 Hello Kitty Space Marine Army

Offline Skeeve

• Brushmaster 5000
    • My painting Blog
« Reply #2 on: January 8, 2008, 07:00:06 PM »
Hmmm, how about inscribing some chaotic runes on EACH of the golden strips on BOTH sides on their heads? No? Too bad  ;D ;D

They look great so far. I think these headpieces is where your glazing approach falters or rather, don't save time anymore. I wander wouldn't it be easier to paint them solid yellow and then color shift blue stripes with mordian blue.

Offline No Remorse

• Ancient
« Reply #3 on: January 9, 2008, 11:11:14 AM »
Yeah in hindsight it would have been faster to do it that way, I did it the other way around which wasted time since I had to go back and paint over the blue with a couple of coats of white before doing the yellow.. sigh...

Ah well I am still experimenting and developing this technique and eventually will have the bugs worked out of it. Overall I still think it is MUCH faster than painting these guys as per normal, since I would have probably taken about 20 hours per guy compared to the 4 I have done so far.

Ja

------

Here's a quick update with a WIP of a couple of Sorcerers, they are at the same stage as the marines above, silver and minor details needing to be finished.

-----

Here's yet another update this time the first WIP from the squad of Demons.

The blue is yet to be finished, which only has one glaze coat on it, and I may correct some of the areas where the black glaze is a bit too thick on the purple. I also tried out some glazing to do highlighting on the purple bodies, they were a bit to uniform in colour and needed a pop, amazingly I found it worked profoundly well. The only real difference is that I used a very thin glaze with alot of pick, as opposed to a thicker glaze with little pigment which which I do most of my shading with.

Should be too much longer with these guys, maybe a couple of days if I can continue to get 4 or 5 hours in a day painting.

« Last Edit: January 12, 2008, 03:41:04 PM by No Remorse »

Offline Aervyper Venom

• Neophyte
  • Jade Reavers
Re: Thousand Sons Commission Blog: Update Jan 12, Demons WIP
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2008, 04:34:14 PM »
As always No Remorse beautiful work.  Everything looks really good. I can't wait to see everything done and with bases on. A very good job with the Sorcerer's sword, nice and simple but very intricate all the same.

Keep up the good work and i hope to see more pictures.

I just wish the Thousand Sons would have chosen the Emporer's side
Armies:
-Space Marines: Jade Reavers
- Imperial Guard: Catachan 221
- Eldar
- Orks
- Aervyper Venom

Offline No Remorse

• Ancient
Re: Thousand Sons Commission Blog: Update Jan 15, Demons Done
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2008, 04:03:38 PM »
kk got the Demons finished up, except of course if my customer wants somethings changed.

Offline Andaah

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Confused..... often...
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2008, 08:03:13 AM »
Gruesome and therefore wonderful...

Offline Aervyper Venom

• Neophyte
  • Jade Reavers
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2008, 10:24:44 AM »
Really nice blending on the Demons. An off shoot question. What is your plan on bases for everything.
Armies:
-Space Marines: Jade Reavers
- Imperial Guard: Catachan 221
- Eldar
- Orks
- Aervyper Venom

Offline Inquisitor =D=

• Smile for the Bolter :)
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2008, 12:20:43 PM »
I like how your daemons look. I really do. ;)

I hope your traitor marines look better when they're done though, cause right now they look a little bland.  :-\
Chaos is a relentless foe and will stop it nothing to see us burned to ash under its feet. I say we return the favor.

Offline No Remorse

• Ancient
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2008, 03:25:31 PM »
What is your plan on bases for everything.

My customer sent me a urban basing kit, so I will be using that.

Yeah the marines look much better now, they are almost finished, just the gem stones to finish off, I will post a pic when they are complete.

Offline Benis

• 77 Shades Of Decay | Lazerous Penguin | Death to the Emperor with a Pulse!
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Getkilling
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2008, 03:36:35 PM »
I think I prefer the daemons before they got their teeth and tongues painted; they looked more intangible and ghostlike.

Offline Skeeve

• Brushmaster 5000
    • My painting Blog
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2008, 04:15:30 PM »
I think I prefer the daemons before they got their teeth and tongues painted; they looked more intangible and ghostlike.

Funny, but me too. Whenever you have time and desire to experiment try these guys with your color scheme but bright green reverse highlighting (green in recesses)- looks really creepy.

Offline HellecticMojo

• I've got to stop talking
    • Deviantart
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2008, 05:53:04 PM »
love the green lightsaber sword.

I really like the ivory/gold bolters.
Charge with your Tau, shoot with your Orks, foot slog with your Dark Eldar, no resurrection orb for your Necron Lord.

Offline No Remorse

• Ancient
Re: Thousand Sons Commission Blog: Update Jan 30, Horrors Done
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2008, 11:32:36 AM »
Been a while since I updated this Blog. I finished off the horrors and am about 1/3 of the way through of the termies. I decided to black line the marines so they will take a bit more time, I am just doing that in between working on other parts of the commission.

Here's the finished pic of the Horrors, except the bases of course

« Last Edit: January 31, 2008, 04:19:37 PM by No Remorse »

Offline Jehan-Reznor

• The Dude in Japan
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2008, 06:43:58 PM »
that toxic green is a real eye catcher!
my projects;
http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?topic=169427.0 budhhist space marines
http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?topic=163611.0 Doombringer my space marine chapter
http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?topic=150109.0 Hello Kitty Space Marine Army

Offline DJ-of-E

• Slow Painter is Slow
    • DJ-of-E's 40k Album
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2008, 08:21:14 PM »
that toxic green is a real eye catcher!

Really?  I thought the toxic green killed the models, cuz it really isn't pleasant to the eyes nor a great choice in a comfortable color scheme.

BTW, those aren't horrors, those are flamers.  Horrors are the one that looked like ghosts in your previous posts.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2008, 08:22:16 PM by DJ-of-E »

Offline Osvossk

• Let them eat Chaos!
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2008, 08:51:20 PM »
Looks fine to me, the green will make them stand out more than the standard flamers and I always thought orange and red were boring for flamers fire anyway. Keep up the good work No Remorse.
Kills: 1 Solar Macharius, 6 Ratlings, 2 Sentinels, 1 Chimera, 2 Leman Russes, 1 Leman Russ Demolisher, 60 Guardsmen, 20 Storm Troopers, 5 Ogryn, 40 Conscripts, 3 Officers & bodyguards, 1 Priest, 1 Commissar, 8 Rough Riders

Offline Jehan-Reznor

• The Dude in Japan
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2008, 08:56:28 PM »
Really?  I thought the toxic green killed the models, cuz it really isn't pleasant to the eyes nor a great choice in a comfortable color scheme.

BTW, those aren't horrors, those are flamers.  Horrors are the one that looked like ghosts in your previous posts.
Their demons they should be unpleasant, so i think it is a perfect choice
« Last Edit: January 30, 2008, 08:59:00 PM by Jehan-Reznor »
my projects;

Offline moc065

• Infinity Circuit / Necrontyr Lord / KoN Warlord
  • Ancient
  • King of the Preemptive Strike
    • klucas.piczo.com
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2008, 09:38:08 AM »
How are you doing "Daddy" ** Congrats once again. **

The figures look good as usual; but I have reservations on the Fingernails as I think there is a little too much Yellow/Green ofsetting the Purple and Blues. Same goes for the Flamers, the Yellow/Green is nice; but it is a bit too profound and is taking over the Purple and Blue theme...

Anyway, can't wait to see more of them, and their bases. And please don't be offended by my comments, your still five times the painter that I am. PS the Gold on the Sorcerer is wickedly well done.

CaHG
Join POC: Saim-Hann
or Read the Guide to Eldar
or read the Guide to Necrons

And Click here if you like Magic The Gathering

Offline Da Pittman

• You Are Biomass
    • Electric Cog Design
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2008, 11:46:33 AM »
Great job on the blending, something I haven't gotten good at.  >:(