News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Online retailers - warnings and praise  (Read 47222 times)

Offline Kung_pow_fan

• "Live long..... and prosper" *Dies*
Conversion Type online store.
« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2007, 09:51:20 AM »
I dont know If I am allowed to suggest shops for converters, But...

I needed a lot pf spare parts for my conversions the other day, I was checking the sprues from the warhammer online store, and I found out for the part that I needed to buy was in a sprue that cost £4.00 and there were more parts like that one I needed to buy whole sets of sprues to get.

So after some searching over the internet I found this site (for the Uk)http://www.jnbits.co.uk

Its basically a shop you can order single parts from at a really cheap price. It cost me £2 to get all of the parts i needed on their own, compaared to the £14 i needed if I had ordered it from the Games workshop online store.

Ordering was quick, and it arrived pn my doorstep in 1.5 days

Again. If this post is against advertizing rules please lock or delete (im really sorry :()
"an eye for an eye and the world will soon be blined"

"Mohandas Ghandi"

Offline -devil-

Re: Online retailers - warnings and praise
« Reply #41 on: June 14, 2007, 09:24:15 PM »
http://www.battlewagon-bits.com

so far, disappointed ... placed an order about the middle of last week ... was billed for it on my CC by that friday, (figured it wouldn't ship till monday or tuesday) monday i tried sending an email just to verify that the order had been processed (hadn't shown up on my CC yet) ... never got a response from the email ... tried today to call and got no answer ... nor was the 'live chat' ever active ...

will be trying again tomorrow since i am off work ... just in case it was a legit reason for no one being there etc ...

when i log into their site to check status of order .. just says 'accepted' but no further information on shipped or anything like that.

mostly basing my views on them, on the fact that so far i have had 0 luck getting any form of communication from them ...
« Last Edit: June 14, 2007, 09:25:20 PM by -devil- »

Offline Protolisk

« Reply #42 on: October 21, 2007, 03:17:29 AM »
Does anyone know any good Australian stores online or real?

Offline Sergant Alexi

• Its a funny world
« Reply #43 on: October 21, 2007, 12:25:53 PM »
-devil- battle wagon bits is a well known retailler it is probably a one off me and many others have had good service from them.
Gari Fireguard 12th Company
500 pts
W/D/L
-

Last Game
-

Offline Andaah

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Confused..... often...
« Reply #44 on: November 25, 2007, 05:26:21 PM »
Anyone heard of http://www.simpleminiaturegames.net ?

Selling off Rackham at 75% off!

Offline Calus Drakin

• Armies: Night Lords, Eldar
« Reply #45 on: December 31, 2007, 02:36:17 AM »
Anybody else tried ordering anything from www.warhammerdirect .com ?

I've had a heck of a time with these people. Placed an order and their website says they ship in 7 - 10 business days. After waiting two weeks I sent an email, and I got no response. I waited a week and called, left a message and still got no response. I called again, and marked the message urgent. ( this is about 6 weeks after my order now. ) I finally got an email response saying they were having delays receiving product through customs and would send it on it's way as soon as it was in. After about another month I requested the cancelation of my order and a refund. My order was canceled, but I have yet to receive the refund. Which their website says should be within a week of the cancelation of the order. I've emailed them once about it and so far, still no reply. I'll probably call again later this week.
Considering my chosen armies are Vampire Counts and Night Lords, yes, I think "Back from the dead" is probably the most accurate description of my return.

Vampire Counts
     1 / 1 / 1

Offline Andaah

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Confused..... often...
« Reply #46 on: December 31, 2007, 03:16:01 AM »
www.Simpleminiature games.net are fine by the way.

Offline Orunlu

« Reply #47 on: January 10, 2008, 11:55:00 AM »
A friend of mine and myself have had bad dealings with Chaosork.com

I ordered 3 SW terminators SB & PF and recieved 2 heavy flamers and Missile launcher when I tried to contact them about it they did not reply.

My friend ordered a LRC from them Dec 2 and as of Jan 9 still has not recieved it. He is however in contact with them via email but all they keep saying is please wait your order is on its way.

Dont get me wrong they have great prices but dont seem to be able to deliver or when they do its not what you ordered.
If practice makes perfect and nobodys perfect. Why practice?

Offline Hammbone22

• they're your AIR CASTE! Keep 'em flying!
« Reply #48 on: January 16, 2008, 08:33:22 PM »
Any one had any issues or positive comments for www.miniaturemarket.com?
They have so much stuff and at very cheap prices. Just want to make sure its legit before I put some hard earned money into an order.

Offline Deathpepper

• Big Mek
  • If all else fails, roll more dice!
« Reply #49 on: January 16, 2008, 09:45:01 PM »
I made a bunch of ebay bits purchases recently.  Here's my experiences with some of their online stores, maybe it will help some of you guys:

Blackdagger Games - Huge bitz collection, most of it is sold one bit at a time (like single shoulderpads, even).  They combine an unlimited number of bitz shipping for like 2-3 bucks.  I think they use next day shipping because it was FAST.
Player's Cove - some bitz, also a lot of single figurines that have been paint-stripped (almost all oop).  Fairly expensive for individual models, bitz prices are comparable to other stores.  Good place to find beakies and such older stuff, fast combinable shipping.
Epperson Professional Painting - Big bitz selection, including some lots that are pretty good deals (15 chainsword arms at a time, stuff like that).  Shipping is combinable, but super slow compared to the other sites.  Took over a week for two seperate orders to arrive.
magusspraine - a seller rather than a store, but she has tons of gw boxed sets auctioning at any time.  All the auctions have free shipping, which is nice when figuring out how much you're spending.  I got some assault terminators (no box, just sprues/instruction sheet) which arrived the day after I paid for them, and total cost was a bit lower than retail.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2008, 09:46:17 PM by Deathpepper »

Batreps        Ork Models      Painting Blog

Offline Calus Drakin

• Armies: Night Lords, Eldar
« Reply #50 on: January 16, 2008, 10:24:19 PM »
Not a comment on a specific store, but one resource to check when considering any store, which includes online retailers, is the Better Business Beureau.

www.bbb.org

Considering my chosen armies are Vampire Counts and Night Lords, yes, I think "Back from the dead" is probably the most accurate description of my return.

Vampire Counts
     1 / 1 / 1

Offline Orunlu

« Reply #51 on: January 17, 2008, 01:48:10 AM »
Update:

In my previous post I mentioned that a friend of mine had ordered a LRC from Chaosorc and had not recieved it for over a month well that streached out to a month in a half and he finally got someone there to respond to his email's and after a few more email's got a refund from them.
If practice makes perfect and nobodys perfect. Why practice?

Offline Ahhitsbrandon

« Reply #52 on: February 26, 2008, 02:10:15 PM »
I've only ordered once, but I had a pretty good experience with chaosorc.com.

Offline Dunay

• "May god have mercy for my enimies, cuz I won't"
« Reply #53 on: March 2, 2008, 08:53:42 PM »
2 thumbs up to MAELSTROM GAMES, saliva inducing selection, shipping is about as cheap as free, 10% retail price drop also. Loved the packaging, and I'm even an over-seas customer!

chaosork.com is looking great for huge savings though.
« Last Edit: March 2, 2008, 09:00:22 PM by Dunay »

Offline angel of death 007

• Dreadbash Warboss | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #54 on: March 19, 2008, 02:12:33 PM »
Recently aside from ebay I used two different online stores and one from the past....

Chaosorc.com - their prices were great but on my first order I was missing a paint pot I ordered due to very poor packaging.  I wrote them about it and we agreed that if i made a second order he would include it.  we wrote up a second order and I paid via paypal.  Two weeks later I contacted him and he had no record of my order.   I did my research and posted him a copy of the payment made through paypal on bill which he sent me through paypal.  He refunded my money but I still never got the paint I paid for.   All in all even though their prices are the best I won't be dealing with them again.

thewarstore.net-  although you cannot view any of the products online which made me a little sketchy at first, after emailing Neil it was all good.  Neil is great with customer service and is upfront.  One of my orders was on back order and he told me about it and let me substitute something else by paying the difference and didn't charge me to ship the substituted item.  Everything was well packaged and arrived fast.   He offers a good discount and is very customer service oriented.   I would definitely recommend this store to anyone purchasing warhammer stuff.

scifi-genre.com-  I have dealt with them several times in the past.  They don't offer much for a discount but if you order so much you get free shipping.  I have probably placed at least 3 or 4 larger orders with them and they never messed up any of them.   They package stuff well and ship fast.  I would recommend them. 

to sum up
Chaosorc.com- great prices, poor packaging, poor customer service, fair shipping costs

thewarstore.net-great prices, great packaging, great customer service, fair shipping costs

scifi-genre.com- fair prices, great packaging, good customer service, OK shipping costs or free shipping on orders over a certain amount which is great on that part.

please keep in mind these are only my opinions in my dealings with these businesses and I offered as unbiased an opinion as I could to help those searching for a store.

Offline m4n715

« Reply #55 on: April 15, 2008, 05:51:44 AM »
Has anyone had any dealings with http://www.cheapjoes.com?
I have been looking to purchase some brushes from them since series 7's are rather expensive here in New Zealand. I emailed their customer service address twice over a two week period, and after receiving no reply i emailed their customer service manager, and still no reply.
I found this very disappointing for a company that seems to pride itself on customer service.
I am also interested in purchasing from http://www.ccgarmory.com, but they don't have a rating in the first post. Has anyone purchased from them?
Thanks

*edit: Got an email back from cheap joe's with all the information i asked for and an apology for the slowness of the reply*
*edit2:Placed an order with Cheap Joe's. Once i placed my order they were prompt with correspondence, and items arrived here in New Zealand quickly. Would shop with them again*
« Last Edit: May 3, 2008, 12:37:51 AM by m4n715 »

Offline Soul_blighter

« Reply #56 on: April 19, 2008, 12:40:44 AM »
http://www.bitzbox.co.uk is a good for people want plastic Warhammer Bits and Warhammer 40k. I used them this week placed my order on tuesday got the items on thursday  :)

Offline u9k13

• This is u9k13, as if you couldn't tell.
« Reply #57 on: May 27, 2008, 12:02:43 PM »
http://www.pig-iron-productions.com

Highly recommended. Nice models, great conversion packs that fit IG. And very reasonably priced.

Quick dispatch of order. They did mess it up a bit, but one email and it was sorted with no hassle, and they threw in some samples of unreleased minis to make up for it. can't argue with that.

Offline m4n715

« Reply #58 on: May 29, 2008, 08:40:16 PM »
Just received a big eldar  order from http://www.ccgarmory.com. These guys have great prices, I'm going to place another order with them soon as their warmachine prices are the best i have found. Everything arrived as expected, only small qualm was that they took a week to ship my items. They had everything in stock but my order took a while to be dispatched. Once they were shipped they arrived here (New Zealand) in 5 days, which is nice and prompt. Will shop with them again.

Also bought some procreate putty from http://www.impactminiatures.com. They had the best price I could find at 6USD a pack. They were very prompt with their emails, and very helpful in general.
My package arrived extremely quickly for an international shipment. I would  shop with these guys again

Offline Sightless Blind - Free Booter Ork

• Ork Boy
  • BLOOD FOR TH-----I mean......WAAAAAAGHHHHH!!!!
    • My Youtube Channel.....with Orks!!
  • Armies: Orks, Necrons, Warriors of Chaos
Sci Fi Genre - Cheaper GW Minis?
« Reply #59 on: May 30, 2008, 08:30:41 AM »
So I stumbled upon this website the other day. www.scifigenre.com

they seem to sell various gaming and comic book type stuff. the most notable ( for me that is ) being 15% marked down gw minis. it even says that if you buy 100 bucks or more of stuff shipping is free.

What I am wondering is, how reliable is websites like this? Or has anyone used this one in particular? If I can get my minis cheaper by ordering in bulk I am all for it.

Imput please thank you.  ;D
In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only me trying to save money on these #@%!!!ing models.

My Hell Boyz WAAAAGHHHHHH
Hell Boyz - My Theme Army(updated 6/8/09) - Orks - 40K Online

Check out my 40k videos on my youtube channel.
SightlessBlind - YouTube