News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Ivalyo VII "Outside of Game" Thread - Temporarily on Hold  (Read 15600 times)

Offline Halollet

• My halo grew a mullet...
  • Armies: Grey Knights, Guard, Sisters, Tau, & Tyranids
Re: Civil War on Ivalyo VII "Outside of Game" Thread
« Reply #100 on: December 12, 2013, 02:59:46 PM »
Hi Hal, welcome back!

I feel for you on the sickness front. :(

If you want some of them to have survived, that's fine by me. Or they can be replaced with clones from the ranks. Most of your GL boys fell to Las Fire, if I recall. Any which way, everyone goes back to starting strength, and all damage to vehicles is repaired.

Truthfully, your unit stank when it came to taking out infantry in cover ;) so I'd not be inclined to reward them with FomT order. On the other hand, they heedlessly ran into the face of some remarkably good shooting by the slave-soldiers [crazy good!], they passed a remarkable number of morale checks, and one-shot the Bassie.

My suggestions would be ATSKNF, Fearless, BID Order, or Tank Hunters... your pick. :)

For the Sentinels, I can't get behind a "dodge" save for them, nor any invul save. In the IG, you've got to be the top of the heap to get a Refractor Field, even. I'd ballpark Scout Sentinels with Heavy Chainsword [no extra attacks, but better strength], Rampage and Multi-lasers at 45 pts each, for a unit total of 135... Armoured versions would ballpark at 195.

I'll skip the sentinels for now. I'll focus on Cassie! :)  ATSKNF sounds great for her! Cheers!
One sure mark of a fool is to dismiss anything that falls outside of his experience as being impossible.

Offline Spectral Arbor

• Major
  • Thanks for the help.
« Reply #101 on: December 21, 2013, 11:11:45 PM »
Hi Everybody!

I forgot to ask what colours everyone would like their "models" to be? Madigan still has her Orange and Black, unless you'd like it repainted. If I recall... Cassie was Pink, her GL's were Green, and the grunts were Yellow.

Koval, what colour / symbol would you like for your Mech-assassin?

So Ranger, what colours would you like your Russ to be? Green and Brown? ;) Do you have a preferred icon?

Trokair, do you have a two-colour scheme you'd like for your dunebuggy? I'm going to guess Red for your Enginseer... do you have a preference for your Servitors? Do you have a simple black and white icon you'd like to use for your character?

The board is more or less set, just waiting for some paint to dry, and I'm going to need to "model" some more vehicles. Enemy forces have been chosen. :)

The Ambrasian force is 1650 pts, vs 1500 points of "enemies". So far, the Ambrasians have...

Acer w/ Command Squad in Chimera
Oxnard's crew on foot
Cassie's crew on foot
Madigan in Devildog
  -> Mech Assassin
Russ
Enginseer w/ Servitors in Dunebuggy

Which I'm arbitrarily saying amounts to about 1000 Points. That leaves us 650 / 700 points to eat up with standard units from Codex IG. There will be multiple "objectives" to explore, and any unit can do so by moving into base contact [no need to be "scoring"].

Does anyone have requests for the remaining points? Also, if anyone wants a second unit, even if it's just a bog-standard infantry squad in a Chimera, feel free to speak up!
« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 11:39:51 PM by GreatBigTree »

Offline Koval, Master Verispex

• 40kOnline's Care Bear of Tanks | The Velvet Glove of Fated Tenderness and Ambition
  • Ancient
  • Well, that was unexpected...
  • Armies: Imperial Guard (Indelvian 190th Mechanised)
« Reply #102 on: December 22, 2013, 03:52:47 AM »
Koval, what colour / symbol would you like for your Mech-assassin?
I was going to say a red and black Opus Machina but that might overlap with Trokair's Enginseer.

How about the mask from this Crimson Guard?

Does anyone have requests for the remaining points?
What happened to Thantos in the end?

Offline Spectral Arbor

• Major
  • Thanks for the help.
« Reply #103 on: December 22, 2013, 10:04:33 AM »
Since Thantos' executioner got a sudden and lethal case of hole-in-the-chest, Thantos survived the battle.

I haven't had a chance to RP it, but Madigan and Thantos both receive official reprimands for blowing up a bunker. It counts as a "Traitorous" act, since it makes the lives of the Ambrasians more difficult. I take the number of "traitorous" acts, square it, and then roll 4d6. If I roll higher than your value, you're fine. So on your 3rd offence, I roll 4d6 and so long as I roll 10+, your character is fine. Had your gunner killed the Commandant, that would have been 2 "Traitorous" acts.

Failure results in court marshal / execution. :)

I have no problems bringing Thantos and his Demolisher back. There was also Lieutenant Rodriguez [PCS] that was named in the last adventure.

From there, the request line is open in terms of what you'd like to have supporting you guys. So far, everything's reasonably mobile, but we're kind of light on bodies. The board is going to be Hammer and Anvil, which makes outflanking quite valuable in terms of ways to get to "deep" objectives. I might suggest some light infantry scouts [counts as Penal Legion] as there is already some story suggesting the place has been scouted out before you guys arrive.

I'm going to try to get a picture of the board up today. I'm still sick with Pneumonia, hurray for antibiotic resistant bacteria! I'm still pretty low on time and energy. :)

Just a reminder... everyone's Technology scores out of 10, so far, are...

Acer: 5
Oxnard: 2
Cassie: ?
Madigan: 7
Korama: 8
Antonoch: 6
Erlok: 9

NPC 1: ?
NPC 2: ?
NPC 3: ?
NPC 4: ?
NPC 5: ?
« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 10:10:52 AM by GreatBigTree »

Offline Trokair

« Reply #104 on: December 26, 2013, 09:05:48 AM »
Hello all, sorry for the late reply, I have been ill of late.

Trokair, do you have a two-colour scheme you'd like for your dunebuggy? I'm going to guess Red for your Enginseer... do you have a preference for your Servitors? Do you have a simple black and white icon you'd like to use for your character?
Dark red and black, not very original, but fits the description I gave of Nor Erlok and his unit. As for an icon, I haven’t, something Meachanicus themed will do.

I’ll try to read through the current game thread and make a ‘Story post’ or two (to introduce Nor Erlok) before it officially kikes of in the new year.
Sometimes, the best answer is a more interesting question.

Offline ranger_scout

• For the Emperor and the Imperium!
« Reply #105 on: December 26, 2013, 10:41:10 AM »
Sorry for being slow as well I am sure Christmas for you guys is busy time with family as well. 

Green and brown works for my tank and the symbol could be cadian gate?

• 40kOnline's Care Bear of Tanks | The Velvet Glove of Fated Tenderness and Ambition
  • Ancient
« Reply #106 on: December 26, 2013, 12:59:58 PM »
Hello all, sorry for the late reply, I have been ill of late.
Get well soon!

I’ll try to read through the current game thread and make a ‘Story post’ or two (to introduce Nor Erlok) before it officially kikes of in the new year.
If you do, I'll be better able to introduce Korama, as that way he won't be the only Tech-Priest in the village RP.

Offline Spectral Arbor

• Major
  • Thanks for the help.
Re: Ivalyo VII "Outside of Game" Thread - Mission 2 Update
« Reply #107 on: January 1, 2014, 11:53:16 AM »
Happy post-holidays, everyone!

@ Ranger: Would you like the same colour scheme as the existing Russ, or the inverse? I believe it had a brown base, with green "extras". I think I could make up a Cadian Gate for his flag. :)

@ Trokair: Red and Black it shall be. I'm thinking something Gear shapped with a Meltagun inside for the flag.

@ Koval: Would a Gear with crossed blades inside work for the flag for Korama?

@ Halollet: I need a technology-skill value for Cassandra's squad. A number between 1 and 10. 1 has trouble loading a weapon [basic Ogryn], 6 is able to keep a Plasmagun from spontaneously exploding [Plasma Vet, more techy than a standard Guardsman] and 10 is able to repair severe damage to a warp engine. [High Level Mechanicus] Whatever value you think is appropriate to your squad is fine by me. Friendly NPC's get d6+2 for a value, and that's what you'll get if I don't get an answer before we start. ;)

@ Everyone: While the forces you've encountered thus far aren't tainted by chaos, that will NOT be the case in the next mission. There will be a small Chaos Marine force with a larger allied IG contingent... done for story reasons and to get certain Warlord traits... tee hee! I'm going to be up front about this. The Chaos force is INSPIRED by what little I know of Alpha Legion fluff. I apologize for any blatant fluff failures on my part, so if it helps you to think of them as not-Alphas that act similarly to them but not quite right... then you should do that. :)

Keep in mind, that the enemy of your enemy might be your friend. You might have common enemies, but different ways to deal with them. Or they just might be someone ready to stab you in the back once the bigger threat is dealt with. Would you eat a poisoned apple, if it cured your disease?  :o

So... I'm planning to have the initial deployment stuff up by the end of the weekend, at the latest. I'm planning to have "my part" posted by the end of each weekend. I'd like to have your replies and orders put in by Friday @ 5 pm, Ontario time. I think that's 10 pm England time. That gives me Friday night to move guys, roll dice, and take pictures. Saturday I can edit the pics, put them online, and start writing the story post. Sunday I can finish the story, and send PM's to everyone with their results, which also leaves me a bit of wiggle room. If everyone has their posts / orders in by Thursday at 5 pm, I have an extra day to work on things, but I don't want to leave players with too little time to reply, since I might not get things up until Sunday night.

• Ancient
« Reply #108 on: January 1, 2014, 12:14:16 PM »
@ Koval: Would a Gear with crossed blades inside work for the flag for Korama?
Sounds good to me.

Keep in mind, that the enemy of your enemy might be your friend. You might have common enemies, but different ways to deal with them. Or they just might be someone ready to stab you in the back once the bigger threat is dealt with. Would you eat a poisoned apple, if it cured your disease?  :o
It depends on the nature of the disease and the poison.

Madigan's more likely to burn it all out anyway. :P

Offline Spectral Arbor

• Major
  • Thanks for the help.
« Reply #109 on: January 1, 2014, 12:24:05 PM »
Very good. I just wanted to point out possibilities. It's not even a suggestion, just a possibility. "Master Crovax" has a lot of useful information, that he might share with like minded individuals. "Evil" is most seductive when it's convenient. I'm just trying to seduce the players. You know, in the story.  :-X

I hope everyone's ok with the once a week thing. I'd dramatically underestimated the amount of time it would take to resolve a turn and get it up for the next post. I swear, if real life didn't get in the way I could do twice a week no problem.  ;)

Offline Halollet

• My halo grew a mullet...
  • Armies: Grey Knights, Guard, Sisters, Tau, & Tyranids
« Reply #110 on: January 1, 2014, 02:56:15 PM »
Once a week is fine with me.  I do hope I can outflank next mission!

As for Cassie's technological level... I would say 8.  She has the know how on how to customize melta weapons which is rare in the 40kverse, but her knowledge is limited to weapons and has no idea how to fix a drive engine.
One sure mark of a fool is to dismiss anything that falls outside of his experience as being impossible.

Offline ranger_scout

« Reply #111 on: January 1, 2014, 03:01:00 PM »
Your the boss, boss what you say goes  ;)

Ie: willing to wait no matter how many posts a week

Offline Spectral Arbor

• Major
  • Thanks for the help.
« Reply #112 on: January 1, 2014, 03:02:35 PM »
For what it's worth, you could have outflanked in the first mission. :) You can most certainly outflank this mission.

Tech of 8 works for me. I just said "fix a drive engine" because it's the most complicated thing I could think of in the 40k Universe. It's an action-rpg, so the ability to fix weapons is equal to your techno-skill, in this case.

Teaser for Mission 2!

Hammer and Anvil. Ambrasians deploy on left side. "Rebels" deploy on the right.

« Last Edit: January 1, 2014, 05:00:33 PM by GreatBigTree »

Offline ranger_scout

« Reply #113 on: January 2, 2014, 08:10:26 PM »
Sorry GBT i missed the colour inversion part could i have green as main brow as secondary

Offline Spectral Arbor

• Major
  • Thanks for the help.
« Reply #114 on: January 2, 2014, 08:14:59 PM »
You sure can! *mumble* I haven't started painting it yet *mumble*

I'm hoping to put paint to the last few "models" tonight, in about half an hour... if I don't fall asleep after story time.

I'm even going to try to get some kind of consistency with special weapons / sergeants, when it comes to the pins. I'm going to have to hit the dollar store this weekend to see what I can do. PC's are still free to choose their pin's colours, I'm talking about the NPC's. :)

PS: That's you, up by A-1... the Russ with sponsons.
« Last Edit: January 2, 2014, 08:16:28 PM by GreatBigTree »

Offline Spectral Arbor

• Major
  • Thanks for the help.
« Reply #115 on: January 11, 2014, 03:45:55 PM »
Some notes on the colour code. I did my best to match them up to the colours I use for my models. :)

White: Unit Leader, Such as Sergeant, Champion, Commander / Ivalyan Regular
Dark Green: Ambrasian with a Lasgun
Light Green: Vox

Orange: Grenade Launcher
Light Blue: Plasmagun
Purple: Meltagun
Pink: Flamer [Red already used for Lascannons]

Yellow: Autocannon /
Dark Blue: Bolter / Heavy Bolter / Rebel with Lasgun / Alpha with Bolter
Red: Lascannon

Cassie's squad is different, because I didn't have a vehicle to paint for them, so Hal got to choose the colours for his pins. :)

I also tried to use an appropriate colour for everyone's "avatar" pin. I put letters on them. Acer's got a Tree on his, because both he and Antonoch have an "A", and they both have light green associated [no brown pins] since I didn't think their letter would show up on a dark green pin.

Offline Spectral Arbor

• Major
  • Thanks for the help.
Re: Ivalyo VII "Outside of Game" Thread - Mission 2 "Which unit is Which?"
« Reply #116 on: January 27, 2014, 01:22:55 PM »
T2 Objective Status

A - Guardian Defeated, console still in Ivalyan [Will] control

B - Guardian Released [15/20 Workers alive, like crappy conscripts without guns, Joined by PRIEST w/ Power Maul + CCW]
                    Console still in Ivalyan [Will] control

C - Guardian Defeated, console in AMBRASIAN control

D - Guardian Defeated, console in Ivalyan [HYDRA] control

E - Guardian Defeated, console in Ivalyan [Will] control

F - Guardian "Unknown", console in Ivalyan [Will] control

X - Main Access door still closed

Random Game length starts rolling on the 6th turn, instead of 5th... so there should be lots of time left. ;)

Current Unit Positions

Working across from the top left...

B-1 - AMB: Antonoch [Russ]
C-1 - AMB: Desmond [3x Scout Sentinel w/ AC]
D-1 - AMB: Cassie [GL Vets] and Korama [Marbo-ish]
F-1 - HYDRA: Infantry Squad [Lasguns remaining] and Basilisk

B-2 - AMB: ISQ [Lasguns] and Erlok [Centaur and "Stormies"]
C-2 - WILL: 15 Workers + Zealot
      - AMB: Oxnard [2x AC] and Thantos [Demolisher]
D-2 - HYDRA: Veterans [2x Melta, 1x Lasgun remain]
E-2 - HYDRA: CCS [Lasguns remain]

C-3 - AMB: Acer [In Chimera, 2x GL, 1x Flamer]

C-4 - AMB: ISQ [GL, HB]
      - HYDRA: Chaos Marines [Power Fist, 2x Bolters]
D-4 - AMB: Rodriguez [Only] and Madigan
E-4 - WILL: "Guardian" inside Bunker. Nature unknown at this time.

Hope that helps!
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 01:24:50 PM by GreatBigTree »

Offline Spectral Arbor

• Major
  • Thanks for the help.
Re: Ivalyo VII "Outside of Game" Thread - Temporarily on Hold
« Reply #117 on: March 6, 2014, 01:21:44 PM »
Ha, I got a Threadomancy warning from the system.

Anyhow, I haven't abandoned the RP, and I plan to finish it. Right at the moment, it has to go to the back burner while I get some other things sorted out.

As such, I'm working on getting the story transition between mission 2 and mission 3 put together, as well as making up some scenery for said mission.

I'll send PM's to everyone when I'm ready to roll again.