News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: DE 1500pts....  (Read 5788 times)

Offline Zealot

• Live, love and laugh
    • Zealot's Haven
DE 1500pts....
« on: February 3, 2002, 12:55:25 PM »
ok if anyone wants a shot at this list then go for it, I want it in full glory before I start spending some... no make that LOTS of my hard earned pennies....  basic background is that I need an all round army for just general play at the local store plus any campaigns that happen to come around.
Here goes...

HQ
Dracon -agoniser, tormentor helm, shadow field, trophy rack, 5 incubi, raider - 270
Haemonculus - Sissor hand, reaver Jbike, trophy rack -70
Haemonculus - Sissor hand - 30

TRPs
10 Warriors - 2 dark lances - 100
10 Warriors - 2 Dark lances - 100
15 Warriors - 2 Splinter Cannons, 1 Shredder - 150
15 Warriors - 2 Splinter Cannons, 1 Shredder - 150

HVY
1 Talos - 100
1 Ravager - 3 desintegrators - 120
5 Scourges - 3 splinter cannons - 140

FST
4 Reavers - 120

ELT
10 Grotesques - 150

1500pts exactly...

Well? all input appreciated.
Work like you don't need the money,
love like you've never been hurt,
Dance like nobody's watching.

The Zealot
                       Vive la Revolution!

Offline TokathMarg

• The Scorpion of Death
Re:DE 1500pts....
« Reply #1 on: February 3, 2002, 03:14:51 PM »
Looks nice...but I think the 10-man squads could get some problems if hit. Add 2-3 models per squad for more staying power, possibly?
"United we stand; divided we fall; together we are One"

Since everyone seems to make such nice "Win Draw Losses" statistics in their signature, I think I'll do that as well...these stats, for some reason, do not include all the games I played earlier and can't remember the outcome of (nor do they include those I can remember the outcome of, as this would mean a bit high score on the win side)

Wins     Draws     Losses
  1             1             1

Offline Trunkhead

• Drunken Master
  • Ancient
  • Cause this is too funny
« Reply #2 on: February 3, 2002, 05:17:57 PM »
okay here's my take...

Drachon -
Drop the tormentor helm and the trophy rack. pick up a splinter pistol (same thing as the tormentor helm cept it saves you 4 pts) and get drugs!!!!!

Haemonculus on a reaver is good but he can't use scissorhands since one hand has to be on the bike, get a destructor instead, also drop the trophy rack.

10 man squads w/ Darklances are fine as long as they sit still behind cover all game and just pick things off w/ DL's - keep em out of assault range

15 man warrior squads w/ cannons and shredders? apperantly you want to use these for assault so you should get the extra shredder and get a sybarite w/ an agoniser and splinter pistol to lead them

I don't like Ravagers personally since all those points can get shot down VERY easily, you may want to think about putting a night shield on it, or dropping it all together. (I am in the minority here, Rumblebelly for instance takes two of em)

Get the extra splinter cannon for the Scourges

4 Reavers will break amazingly easily. try to get at least 7, and upgrade them w/ shredders, blasters or a succubus w/ agoniser

It's not mentioned in the codex but it is the FAQ that reavers give +1 T AND +1 S!  (ever notice that wyches on reavers have S4?) A T5 S5 Haemonculus is really nasty on a reaver! (be even cooler if you could get him drugs)

Good luck on your future slave raids!
You know what I'll say when I see God?
I'm going to tell him I was framed
 - The Way of the Gun

Offline Zealot

• Live, love and laugh
    • Zealot's Haven
« Reply #3 on: February 4, 2002, 11:45:36 AM »
sissor hands is two weapons? oops I thought it was like one hand weapon, that you still got the +1 attack for having more then one combat weapon - due to many blades.... lol k thanks for the input :)

The Zealot
                       Vive la Revolution!

Offline Rumblebelly

• Rumble Rumble Rumble
  • Ancient
  • To Maltheon V for Imperial Slaves!!!
« Reply #4 on: February 4, 2002, 06:21:06 PM »

I agree with trunkhead on the equipment list for your Drachon and Haemonculus.

As far as the Ravager goes... I take two, they get shot down every game.  But the tactical advantage and the amount of damage they do BEFORE they go down is crippling.  Bottomline:  You must be VERY CAREFUL with them!

I would suggest you do something with those 15 man squads.  Either give them Dark Lances or a Raider.  They are sitting ducks.  I used to play ten man squads with SCs and Shredders and I got whupped.

Rumble ;D

Offline Trunkhead

• Drunken Master
  • Ancient
« Reply #5 on: February 4, 2002, 08:55:09 PM »
you may have a point about the scissorhands I re-read the entry and it says it has the same effect as two-hand to hand weapons, so you could certainly argue that point! call the roolzboys and find out, i'd be interested to know
 - The Way of the Gun

Offline Rhysk

• Begin the Litanies of Hatred!!!
    • My squatter page on the net
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2002, 02:24:50 PM »
My 1500 Point Army looks like this...

1 Drachon with Agoniser, SF, and Xenospasm
4 Incubi Bodygaurd, all in a Raider

255 Points

1 10 Man Raider Squad with 1 Sc and 1 Blaster
Sybarite with Poison blades

1 10 Man Raider Squad with 1 Sc and 1 Blaster
Sybarite with Agoniser

2 10 Raider Squads with 1 Sc and 1 blaster

1 5 man Reaver squad with 2 Shr's
Succubus with Power weapon

1 5 man Reaver squad with 2 B's

1 Ravanger with 3 DL's

1 Ravanger with 3 Dis

This comes to 1448 total

leaving 52 points to fill in upgrades and extra squad mates as determined by the opponent...
"Victurus te Saluto!" (He who is about to win salutes you)

Offline Tobab816

• Chaos Warmaster, Promoter of Deathball!
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2002, 02:57:17 PM »
The scissorhand is a one handed weapon. Its a Onehanded entry in the book.

Nothing wrong with getting BOTH a destructor and a Scissorhand though.  A haemonculus on a jetbike with destructor, scissorhand and combatdrugs is just 105p and for that you have a character that has a flamer that can get annoyingly high Ap values, has 3 attacks that wounds on 2+, W2, T5, can move 12" every turn, 4+ save....on top of that you have the effects of combatdrugs that can make him strike first always if necessary and otherwise give an extra attack(or both if you are a risktaker).
If you take the risk against marines you can get first a flameburst that has a 50% chance of ignoring their armor, THEN 5 attacks that hits on 3+ and wounds on 2+...and that is before they have even had a chance to strike back.
Its even worse against Eldar aspecwarriors where the high toughness will protect him against most CC troops.
He can EVEN have a serverly good effect against Howling banshees and will on average kill about 4 or 5 with a single charge.

ALSO Everybody who is using Reavers out there. Go to
http://www.games-workshop.com/PDFArchive/dark_eldar_codex_update.pdf
Reavers are now at a mere 25p and is a pure steal.
Wyches and Hellions are ALSO a steal nowdays. Wyches with Shredders and Wychweapons are the bomb for killing lowsave troops.
Deathball, the new game of bloody basketball, 40k style!

+++Excerpt from Last Chaos/Space marine game, commentator: Inquisitor Khalheed "The Purgator" Qhor, Ex-Deathball player+++

Chaos vs Space Marine grudgematch today ended 23-19 when Brother Grazieel decimated the chaos team with a heavy bolter.

Afterwards the Chaos Coach Zhuriel the Damned stated "If we weren't ideologically in favor of cheating we'd complain about this""
+++End of transmission+++

Offline Kabal of the Bleeding Sun

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2002, 07:49:18 PM »
I would agree with an earlier poster, about dropping the helm.  The only reason to use a tormentor helm (and it is well worth it in this case) is if you have a punisher, which I don't buy for any characters, or the way I have used it, is anybody that can take wargear and are also on a reaver.  My wyche succubus, my lord if I am running low point and putting him on a reaver instead of w/retinue, and anything else you want to put on a reaver.  Lets them have that extra attack, which is always useful.

Offline Zeus

• Know your enemy and know yourself.
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2002, 04:50:37 PM »
for the hq.......try an agonizer, tormenter helm, shadow field, AND SPLINTER PISTOL!..........this gives you 6 attacks on the charge

OH and raider squads rock so bring a few of them along iwht at least one wych squad
Im a cowboy......on a steal horse i ride, and im wanted ........ Dead or Alive.

lord maulus

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2002, 04:58:16 PM »
dont fore get raiders there cheep and stop you getting busted before you can do damage

Offline Trunkhead

• Drunken Master
  • Ancient
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2002, 05:04:59 PM »
Zues, getting a splinter pistol and tormentor helm is redundant (read: the same thing).  you don't get extra attacks for loading up on extra weapons, so if you have a CCW + Splinter Pistol you get ONE extra attack.  If you have  CCW + Splinter Pistol + Tormentor helm you still only get ONE extra attack.

The most attacks an archon can get is 6
3 Base
+1 extra CCW weapon
+1 for chargin
+1 for combat drugs
 - The Way of the Gun

Offline Zealot

• Live, love and laugh
    • Zealot's Haven
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2002, 04:49:52 PM »
Thanks everyone for the tips, will devote some time to re-writing the armylist soonish, But on point about raider sqauds, yeah good fast troop transport with a nice gun, BUT if they get shot down BEFORE u've unloaded the troops then ur almost certainly going to lose most of the squad inside - which was why I opted for sniper squads and larger squads for closing and wiping out any swarm units that get near me.

The Zealot
                       Vive la Revolution!

Offline Trunkhead

• Drunken Master
  • Ancient
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2002, 06:19:40 PM »
in regards to raiders getting shot down (remeber I only use one so this is just speculation)  I believe most people go 12" on the first turn, disembark, then FoF.  that gets your squads very downrange and keeps them from getting shot out of the sky.
 - The Way of the Gun

Offline Rhysk

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2002, 10:16:08 AM »
I think that is the general consenus as well with the Raiders. Especially with witches. In essence you have a 12" move with the Raider, 2" deployment, d6 FoF, and then 6" assualt if you are in range... That adds up to somewhere between 21"-26" on your first move. That's just plain scary...

Offline cu_sapper

• Dark Eldar
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2002, 10:34:05 AM »
I normally take the full 24" raider move but that might have something to do with us playing on a 4' by 5' board.  It's also why I don't take any 10 man teams with DL's and no raiders.

« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2002, 11:16:58 AM »
yeah I see the point there.  I just read in the book that reavers can take advantage of cover is that true?

Offline Rhysk

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2002, 12:30:12 PM »
Vehicles get the "Hull Down" rule... Is that what you are refering too?

« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2002, 03:15:53 PM »
so reavers are considered to be vehicles for that purpose.  I know that the jetbike riders have stats like a normal troop so I wasn't sure if they got hull down or not.  But the rule says they can't take advantage of cover.   ???

Offline Rhysk

« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2002, 03:19:59 PM »
I'm sorry I miss read that I thought you were reffering to Raiders... They get Hull down.

Reavers are another matter completely... If the rules say they can't take advantage of cover than i would be inclined to think they never get a cover save.

"Hull down" wouldn't make sense for a jetbike.