News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: No longer sold retail.  (Read 361 times)

Offline Liy-Nay

• I am the apocalypse.
No longer sold retail.
« on: March 14, 2004, 10:16:12 PM »
Disterbing news my fellow kin we are no longer being comercially sold (or so i have been told) i have only just now got access to the net so i don't know if this has been arised but what do you think about us only being sold as a mail order army?

Plz note i am from oz and am not sure if this a global change or just an australian but plz get back to me on this.  as i have had problems with mail order in the past for instance not receving items due to being out of stock after i was told they had stopck and not receiving items for up to 6 months after i placed the order.
For to long the mon-keigh have claimed what is ours now it is time to strike a time when the name eldar will be feared and respected a time when we reclaime the universe.

Offline arsuf

Re: No longer sold retail.
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2004, 10:45:05 PM »
This rumor/news has been floating around for awhile, check older posts there are probably 20+ threads on this.  No offical word from GW though on this subject, other than it appears we are going to mail order in time, but again who knows.
Marines, crunchy shell with a soft center...

Offline Arcas

• Aksho Tzeeneth Phaos
  • Ancient
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2004, 08:17:05 AM »
This however has been confirmed, DE were taken off the shelves in most GW stores.

That's not because GW wants to discontinue them (DE will definitely continue to be available by mail order!), but because they expect to make better use of the limited space in a GW store by putting the new products such as DH and WH to the place where DE used to be.
Thes just want to maximize theit profit.

However, check the rumour mill for a sticky thread with a detailed discussion about DE rumours.

jwu

Offline CODEXsc

• Sybarite
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2004, 10:36:03 AM »
Yeah the news has been here for a while and i am kinda mad cause they are the best race its just that they are hard to use and most poeple want space merines cause they are easy to play.

Offline WhoaDirty

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2004, 03:31:59 PM »
They are still available in the GW store by my house (in Canada) and the manager had not yet heard anything about them being pulled (as of last week anyway).  He did however, say that it is routine to pull some products off the shelf to make room for new armies
Signature goes here.

Offline Arcas

• Aksho Tzeeneth Phaos
  • Ancient