News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Raider/Reaver movement.  (Read 2083 times)

Offline rushdrill

• "Prais be to... Ouch! That hurt!"
Raider/Reaver movement.
« on: November 27, 2013, 06:37:56 PM »
Just wanted to make sure that I'm moving Raider & the Reavers correctly.

They both maybe moved 12" in the movement, the Raider may move an extra 2d6 with the Aethersails. Then in the assault phase the Raider can go flatout 18" while the Reavers may turboboost 36".

So far I've had 3 practice games vs., daemons. the first game I was still moving very static learning how to move my new fast skimmers around. I faced the same Army for all 3 games with hammer and anvil deployment. My opponent had Tzeentch deamons, 1 Herald/level 3/grimore attached to a unit of 10 horrors; 1 Herald/level 2 on a disc with one great & 1 lesser reward attached to a unit of 7 screamers; khorne Soul Grinder with the phlegm canon; & a single unit of nurglings manning a quad gun with a parted out defense line, at 700pts.

My list was:
Dark Eldar 699
Hemonculus ancient
-Venomblade
-Liquifier Gun
-Soultrap(for points)
Wracks x5
-Liquifier Gun x1
-Venom
-Splinter Cannon
-Nightshield
Wracks x5
-Liquifier Gun x1
-Venom
-Splinter Cannon
-Nightshield
Wyches x7
-Haywire x7
-Razorflails
-Hekatrix
-Phantasm
-Raider
-Aethersails
-Night Shield
-Flickerfield
Reavers x4
-Heatlance
-Cluster

like I said for my first game I had my forces split my movement static and so I was tabled quickly (turn 2 or 3). I was a bit discouraged on how quickly the vehicles were destroyed & my units died but I put my miniatures back on the board for another game.

This time I kept my units together using the jetbikes to screen the Raider while I had the venoms, just in range to shoot at the Screamers. This game/movement had a lot more synergy with it & on top of some phenomenal dice rolling I won this game quickly.

3rd game was more of average dice rolling. With some changes to opponents deployment. My strategy to stay on the left flank towards the soul grinder was basically the same. But I use the venoms to shoot at the quad gun, the two of them together luckily took it out. I had another couple lucky events in my favor, but overall the daemons were in stride. I was able to try eveyone in close combat, I had the Screamers all the way down to only one wound remaining, when the instability test brought back the entire 7 of them. the Wracks moved up disembarked and assaulted to save my HQ. Needless to say this game ended in a draw.

I'll be looking to try out this list on a friend with some Eldar here tomorrow. I'm starting to like the movement of this army and how the energy flows with using your units in conjunction with each other.

« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 07:07:56 PM by rushdrill »
"Life leads you, you don't lead life."

Offline Plastikente

• Back Online!
  • Armies: Craftworld Eldar, Dark Eldar, Tau
Re: Raider/Reaver movement.
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2013, 11:54:52 AM »
Just wanted to make sure that I'm moving Raider & the Reavers correctly.
They both maybe moved 12" in the movement, the Raider may move an extra 2d6 with the Aethersails. Then in the assault phase the Raider can go flatout 18" while the Reavers may turboboost 36".
Yes. Except that flat out and turbo boost happen in the shooting phase. If your Reavers don't move flat out then they can make an Eldar jetbike move in the assault phase (BDB p.45).