News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Dark eldar 500 points any good??  (Read 2003 times)

Offline kraibos

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Dark eldar 500 points any good??
« on: June 15, 2013, 08:08:32 AM »
List comes in at 498 points i may look to add some eldar allies to make it up to 1000 but how does this look at the moment.

HQ
Succubus 70 (with wyches transport)
Venom Blade

Troops
9 Wyches 133
Haywire Grenades
Shardnet impaler
HeKatrix
Venom Blade

Transport
Raider + NightShields 70

Troops
5 Kabalite 60
1 blaster

Elite
Kabalite Trueborn x5 110
Splinter cannon x2
Blasters 2

Transport
Raider + NightShields 70

Offline Plastikente

• Back Online!
  • Armies: Craftworld Eldar, Dark Eldar, Tau
Re: Dark eldar 500 points any good??
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2013, 12:25:58 PM »
Do you already own all the models on this list?

The Kabalite Warriors are going to struggle on foot, because they are very fragile and have a small range.  Your Trueborn also have an issue, because they are trying to do 2 things - splinter cannons are great for infantry, but blasters are great for vehicles.  If you shoot at one, you are wasting the shots which are suited for the other.

If I was you, I would swap that second Raider for 2 Venoms.  Drop the Trueborn for 5 more Warriors with a Blaster, to give you a bit of mobile anti-tank which is scoring.  Alternatively (and if these are the only models you have), drop the Trueborn to 3 with 2 Splinter Cannons (or even 2 Dark Lances) and use them to sit back and shoot up the enemy at range.  Add the spare bodies to the Warrior squad and stick them in a Raider with Splinter Racks for a mobile Gunboat.  Keep the Blaster in that squad in case you need to take a pot shot against a vehicle.