News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: CHECK IT! 2000 points Dark Eldar and Eldar Allies mixed list  (Read 2720 times)

Offline FartherSeer15

• Early bird gets the worm, second mouse gets cheese
CHECK IT! 2000 points Dark Eldar and Eldar Allies mixed list
« on: April 27, 2013, 06:34:01 PM »
Hey all peace be with you!

I've been away from the game for a while due to school and Lacrosse. I just watched some youtube clips and realized the new tau came out while I was away and that's awesome! cant wait to stomp them! haha

anyway getting back on topic, the list below is a mix of DE and Eldar with a heavy reliance on DE with a Seer council and guardians from the elder side.

I designed this list with the idea of an unstoppable deathstar unit with eldrad, the council, and the baron moving up the field supported by warriors in raiders, a ravager, and guardians fire support, and 2 flyers!!

As far as powers go I am in a bit of a pickle, the BRB powers seem tempting (invisibility etc) but I have always thought the standard elder powers were superior to them.

help on that topic would be much appreciated.

Any way here is the list:

DE component:

HQ
Baron

Elites:
5 True Born 2-3 blasters
   Venom
5 True Born 2-3 blasters
   Venom

Troops:
10 warriors DL
10 warriors 1 blaster
  Raider with FF's and racks
10 warriors 1 blaster
  Raider FF's and rack's

Heavy:
Ravager with FF
2 Razorwings with 2 mono's and 2 necro's for missiles

Comes to about 1325 points with 3 scoring units and 2 flyers

The Eldar portion

HQ
Eldrad
7 Warlocks 4 destructor, 1 conceal, 1 enhance, 1 embolden

Troops

2x10 guardians with ScL platforms

Comes to 650 points

Feedback is welcome!!!!

Thanks!!

[mod]Title edited for clarity - Iris.[/mod]
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 06:46:09 AM by Irisado »

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
  • Soñando debajo del arco iris
  • Armies: Administrators must not play 40K
Re: CHECK IT! 2000 points Eldar and DE mixed list
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2013, 06:44:41 PM »
This is primarily a Dark Eldar list, so I'm tempted to move it to the Dark Eldar boards.  Do you only want advice on the Eldar section?  If so, it can stay here.
You haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline FartherSeer15

Re: CHECK IT! 2000 points Eldar and DE mixed list
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2013, 09:59:35 PM »
ah, I see.

Well I would take any advice you can give me on either part really, though I do see your point about this being primarily a DE list. When I was writing it up I was dipping into both books and I guess I didn't realize how much DE stuff I was putting into it until now haha.

if you move it though could I get the url to it so I can keep responding and view comments?

Offline Joekle

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Re: CHECK IT! 2000 points Dark Eldar and Eldar Allies mixed list
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2013, 03:47:20 PM »
I dont play eldar but I know Dark eldar :)
There are a couple of areas where you can save points, I'll go through them:
1. Only take as many trueborn as you have blasters, you have 3 blasters and then 5 trueborn which means 2 of your guys are going to be useless if you decide to fire at a tank. (you are planning on these being vehicle hunters right?) So get rid of 2 trueborn from each unit.

2. Flickerfields on raiders and ravagers are useless as you always get a jink save (which does the same thing) so long as you move (except if you don't get first turn but this is unlikely as you have the Baron). remove the flickerfields!

3. Razorwings could do with a flickerfield as they only get jink if you perform evasive maneuvers (which take up your turns so don't). Put a flikerfield on these guys

So I think that saves you 80pts if you get rid of the blasters from the warrior units you can afford another unit of 10 warriors with a dark lance!

Offline FartherSeer15

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2013, 09:45:20 PM »
THATS what I'm talking about!

Thank you sir! I will make the changes

Offline Ludo

• Why, you ask. Why not?
  • Armies: Marines, Flesh Tearers, Dark Eldar, Guard, Tau
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2013, 08:37:21 AM »
Why are you taking the baron and Eldrad? Are you just going to make one big death star type unit with the warlocks? I don't see them being the super deathstar you want them to be.

A typical build for true born with blasters is 4 trueborn, 4 blasters, and a venom with 2 splinter cannons. 

Flickerfields are all over the place but not really needed.  You get the same save if you move your skimmers.  I run my ravagers with NS and warriors with splinter racks. I'd keep your warriors anti-infantry.  Give them splinter cannons instead of a blaster.  You can keep them back further and use the raider's DL for anti-tank if you need it.
Smurf Hero Extrodinaire

Offline edamame

• <3
  • Armies: Eldar & Greenskins
« Reply #6 on: May 1, 2013, 08:09:16 PM »
I'm an Eldar player that stumbled across your thread, so I guess I'll go ahead and give you advice on that department  :D

Your Warlocks do not benefit from Conceal. Because they come with a natural X+ invulnerable save, only the Baron would actually be receiving any beneficial effect from Conceal. And to echo earlier comments about the combination of a Seer Council with Eldard & Baron, I don't see Baron contributing much. The stealth +1 to cover save is redundant due to the aforementioned invulnerable save. I feel like you'd be better of going with an Archon.

Another thing to note is that Eldrad cannot cast powers on allied squads. So his three psychic powers per turn is pretty much wasted as I'd imagine you would WG-fortune, target-doom. Unless you were planning on using a power on your Guardians (which I don't think is too prudent), you may as well go with a 130 point dual-cast Farseer.