News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: New Templars Crusader and Dark Lances  (Read 12955 times)

Offline -bill-

• Haemonculus: 2007 London 40K Online RTT Champion
    • Pine Lodge IFAs
New Templars Crusader and Dark Lances
« on: October 5, 2005, 07:26:11 AM »
Not sure if you've all seen the new Templars codex, but a new piece of wargear termed "Blessed Hull" lets them waive the "treat all armour as 12" rule of the DE Dark Lance (and Eldar bright lances).

Not too expensive a piece of kit, copyright stops me from saying how much but about the same as an agoniser, so expect to see it on Templar crusaders from now on.

And of course Templars can take them as transports for HQ, troops and termies....can you imagine 8 crusaders coming at you

Wonder if GW will do something similar for other marine armies.

Oh and Crusader seals replace Purity seals and lets you re-roll the consolidate D6

Offline [dixon]

• I pretend to be other users
  • BANNED
Re: New Templars Crusader and Dark Lances
« Reply #1 on: October 5, 2005, 08:00:47 AM »
How am I not suprised that an Armoured Company has to pay an arm and a leg for this kit, while Marines get it on the cheap for a vehicle that it should be a more expensive upgrade on? :P
I pretended to be other members, and finally got BANNED

Offline Sir_Turalyon

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #2 on: October 5, 2005, 09:09:52 AM »
Such a rules creep is real shame  :-[. As for the crusaders themselves, well... just hope they won't be immune to haywire grenades any soon.

Offline Archonbjorn

• Archon
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Where's your emperor now?
    • Vengeance of the Fallen [Dutch]
« Reply #3 on: October 5, 2005, 09:55:48 AM »
GW employee: Damn you kids thats the 31386310 time you blew up my land raider!

*Rings to to the HQ*

Gw employee:Andy? Youi have to help me we keep losing our LRC to these brightlances you guys made. Can't you make a counteritem?

Andy: Of course NP expect it to be up next month.

Gw employee: Thanks Andy

Andy: NP our marines should simply be able to counter everything in the game. This way even more noobs will start to play with marines!

*Both do a victory dance.
« Last Edit: October 5, 2005, 09:58:48 AM by Archonbjorn »

Offline Shas'Oink

• Sky Ray Pimp Daddy | Infinity Circuit | Ban me, I dare you! | The Fallen didn't fall, they were pushed. | Winner of the 2008 40K Online Longest Title Competition, awarded again with oak leaves, five years and running | Now with O:nkling! | Axe
  • Ancient
  • 87% sure I'm straight
    • oinks overambitious terrain project(s)
« Reply #4 on: October 5, 2005, 09:59:11 AM »
GW employee: Damn you kids thats the 31386310 time you blew up my land raider.

*Rings to to the HQ*

Gw employee:Andy? Youi have to help me we keep losing our LRC to these brightlances you guys made can't you make a counteritem?

Andy: Of course NP expect it to be up next month.

Gw employee: Thanks Andy

Andy: NP our marines should simply be able to counter everything in the game this way even more noobs will start to play with marines!

*Both do a victory dance.

sounds very true!!!
the blessed hull is a really cheap shot. it is quite disgraceful really. i mean, as if eldar dont have enough trouble with high AV vehicles. what makes things worse, is that it is only eldar (including dark eldar of course) that this will effect. talk about kicking you when your down.

Offline mrspungebob

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #5 on: October 5, 2005, 10:23:48 AM »
eldar still got wraithcannons, prism cannon and D-cannon, but we get totally screwed
"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

"You know, the most amazing thing happened to me tonight. I was coming here, on the way to the lecture, and i came through the parking lot. And you wont believe what happened! I saw a car with the license plate ARW 357! Can you imagine? Of all the license plates in the state, what was the chance that i would see that particular one tonight? Amazing!" - Quote from Richard Feynman (physicist)

Offline WeezeRRezeeW

• Ive got the dungeonmasters guide and a 12sided die
    • www.myspace.com/volvulusvolvulus
« Reply #6 on: October 5, 2005, 10:43:09 AM »
holy cow... that means that only 1 out of 54 dark lance shots will destroy it just like the monolith... whats worse is, they can have many more as -bill- says... and they can move 12" and probably will most of the time so that our haywire grenades only hits on sixes... I really dont understand why marines constantly get better and better when they are already THE best army.
I try to play myself, but I always cheat.

Offline Black Sword

• Finish painting your last mini and you die...
« Reply #7 on: October 5, 2005, 11:03:36 AM »
And of course Templars can take them as transports for HQ, troops and termies....can you imagine 8 crusaders coming at you

That would be a helluva game, with over 2K in points just on the crusaders....  :o
Chapter Master,
Ordo Pacificus chapter,

40K Fight Club

Offline Aesir Yggdrasil

• The Twisted Haemonculus
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Serious as a hemophiliac in a razor blade factory.
« Reply #8 on: October 5, 2005, 11:20:46 AM »
On the upside, the monolith just became much less scary. I mean, while we couldn't touch the damn thing, it couldn't dish out much itself.
People ask how come I play such a twisted army. I reply that I have the heart of a young boy; in a jar right next to his brain.

Now with Extra Lung!

Offline Ollieb

• Ancient
  • I'm only here for the beer!
« Reply #9 on: October 5, 2005, 12:16:43 PM »
Tell me I'm reading this thread wrong.  So now GW, in it's infinite wisdom, has decided to start making LRs immune to DL fire.  OK not immune but anyways.  Damn, I thought we got screwed enough with ATSKNF making HtH wipeouts impossible and mobile skimmers not blocking LOS.  If it wasn't for the principal of it, I'd consider starting an Imperium army. 
Looking for a compliment here is like looking for a girlfriend in a cemetary.  You know you will probably not like what you dig up, but you'll take it anyway.

Offline mrspungebob

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #10 on: October 5, 2005, 12:49:07 PM »
Just because kids who just started the game loose with their SM, doesn't mean there's something wrong with SM. Its just they who suck. Even though an experienced DE player usually can outsmart most SM player, there's still a fair amount of SM players who knows what their doing and can put up a real fight.
"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

"You know, the most amazing thing happened to me tonight. I was coming here, on the way to the lecture, and i came through the parking lot. And you wont believe what happened! I saw a car with the license plate ARW 357! Can you imagine? Of all the license plates in the state, what was the chance that i would see that particular one tonight? Amazing!" - Quote from Richard Feynman (physicist)

Offline nesbitt_bub1

• Infinity Circuit
  • Stop looking at my AVATAR, read what i did write!!
« Reply #11 on: October 5, 2005, 06:26:42 PM »
aww stop your whining it just means there's actually an army that will be a heap of fun to play against...

http://www.40konline.com/index.php?topic=100487.0

there's a link to some of the discussions.

turns out that yes they can take anti dark lance armour.... but in reality they need it if the army is going to use the LRC as troop transports. How bad would it be if you had 3 LRC and they all popped first turn, then your 3 wounded units are entangled for the second turn..... it realy wouldn't be worth using the army.

archon Bjorn I'm sure you'll agree that the BT's won't be too cheesey.

Offline Grumpy Kwi

• Archite
  • Ancient
  • Ask me for the DE True Type Font
« Reply #12 on: October 5, 2005, 06:46:57 PM »
Hmmm, let me see...first the turbo-booster, then the entanglement rule, now the anti-DL armor. I know whats next, soon they will be able to deploy and assualt the same turn called "blessed shoes".

How about adding a new weapon to our codex to overcome this blessed armor thing, then they can create a new blessed thing to counter them from that - it doesn't end.

But really, how about a weapon like an Ion cannon that immobilizes or a magnetic pulse missle.  At least we would be able to immobilize this blessed business and immobilizing is kinda pirate like too.

Offline Aesir Yggdrasil

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #13 on: October 5, 2005, 07:07:13 PM »
aww stop your whining it just means there's actually an army that will be a heap of fun to play against...

Right ::)

I for one am not one to whine overmuch, but these things run around, you need to bring out haywire gernades in a way that is disgusting. We have no other way to deal with the blasted things, and if the BT player is worth his salt, he'll mow down the wychs with Hvy Bolter fire as soon as they touch down.

Just as an example, something similar: shadow feilds, with fortune.
Hey guys, it's not untouchable, my necron lord can cut through that like it was soggy cheese cloth.
People ask how come I play such a twisted army. I reply that I have the heart of a young boy; in a jar right next to his brain.

Now with Extra Lung!

Offline nesbitt_bub1

• Infinity Circuit
« Reply #14 on: October 5, 2005, 07:18:45 PM »
it's simple.... you have a WWP squad that doesn't move... and deploys the portal turn 2 like always. But by that time they should be on top of you. so you'll be able to footslog 20 wyches into CC! far better IMHO... You'll just have to equip all 20 wyches with HWGs.. or use a talos for anti tank duty.

Offline Stormtrooper of the Dominion

• Staring up at heaven through the bottom of a glass
« Reply #15 on: October 5, 2005, 07:34:22 PM »
sounds very true!!!
the blessed hull is a really cheap shot. it is quite disgraceful really. i mean, as if eldar dont have enough trouble with high AV vehicles. what makes things worse, is that it is only eldar (including dark eldar of course) that this will effect. talk about kicking you when your down.

well its too bad your bright lances/dark lances are so ineffectual against av14... especially with all those star cannons to back you up... man i seriously think i'm going to cry for you guys cause thats just so horrible.  Damn inconsiderate all your guns have that 36" range too.  Man are assault armies over powered with all that getting out of transports and being able to do something their good at... oh wait
"Yes, something invulnerable, unburiable is within me, something that rends rocks: It is called MY WILL.  Silently its steps and unchanging through the years." - Fredrich Nietzsche from "The Funeral Song"

"Thunder Wolves" - 4000 pts

Offline Aesir Yggdrasil

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #16 on: October 5, 2005, 07:41:23 PM »

*sigh*

This is like that time when we dreamed up plans to defeat the monolith using fancy wargear and whatnot. Right, those of you who love the WWP, close your eyes for the next couple of lines or so.

The WWP is OVERRATED. An army based on a WWP, IMO, is a poor excuse for a DE army, as it strips away that DE feeling of speed and replaces it with some gimicky peice of crud. 20 WYCHS!? That's a waste for a single slot, let alone one so finiky. 300 points worth of T3 6+ foot sloggers still get mowed down like no tommorrow. Hell, the LR cost less than that!
The Talos isn't much of a solution either (but still better than that wych idea), because the Talos VS a tank isn't a great idea, unless that tank stood still and the talos charges and gets a 6 for attacks (Even then it's iffy. Face it, the Agonizer on a beastmaster is a better anti-tank weapon). And I don't know about you, but I try and steer my talos away from tanks, just becuase they last longer as a fire magnet that way.

sounds very true!!!

well its too bad your bright lances/dark lances are so ineffectual against av14... especially with all those star cannons to back you up... man i seriously think i'm going to cry for you guys cause thats just so horrible.  Damn inconsiderate all your guns have that 36" range too.  Man are assault armies over powered with all that getting out of transports and being able to do something their good at... oh wait

Starcannons!? STARCANNONS!?! The Dissie, while however good, isn't a freakin' STARCANNON. More like a plasma cannon with serious issues about getting its feet dirty. And that whole bit about 36" range, ya, thats as far is it goes Mr. I'vegot-a-foot-on-you-with-anti-tank-weapons, 36" and thats the end of the line. As for transports, what do think they made rhinos for? They're a solid transport, albeit without guns, or Droppods. Yay for drop pods! The one vehicle in the game that can cross the table faster than a Waveserpent. It's not that assualt armies are over/under powered, as they're not (They're not a lazymans army either), but it's the fact that DE players, again, have to come up with some daft idea put together by Mr. Goldberg himself to blow up the freakin' things. CWE still have wraithcannons and d-cannons and all sorts of other goodies to blow tanks skyhigh, but DE, we've got gernades for girls who wear electrical tape to battle, and a lone anti-tank weapon and its baby brother.
« Last Edit: October 5, 2005, 07:53:03 PM by Aesir Yggdrasil »

Now with Extra Lung!

Offline nesbitt_bub1

• Infinity Circuit
« Reply #17 on: October 5, 2005, 07:52:04 PM »

dude dark eldar don't get starcannons, the only 36" range wepon we have is the dark lance.... and the only wepons we have that can damage AV 14 are dark lances and blasters! Both are ST8. Do the math.

It is a cheap shot... they could have provided something else to give the BT an assault capability. Blessed armour goes very much against all the fluff regarding wepon physics..... I fire a big dark matter shot at you, and you say a little prayer, and the dark matter is nullified.... Hmmm chease on a stick IMHO. GW should have been more inventive.

But it's still going to mean BT are weak, as they have to spend 250+ pnts on the LRC's int eh first place. so if you have 4 in  2K pnts match... You only actually face 1K's worth of troops. It also means you have a severe limit on unit sizes as the LRC has limited capacity. Plus you only get T/L storm bolters, and a las cannon i think. and maybe a HKM. so the damage you can do on a open board is very limited..... 4 shots with BS3 for the first 2 turns of a battle! LMAO... thats 2 warriors dead! and  HKM cool another 2 warriors dead.. Not a very fast start to any battle. Give the DE a chance to deploy a WWP turn 3 if necassary to keep units safe. And means when the units arrive they will appear in full force! Personally i love the odds on 60 Wyches charging the puny units you'll be fielding. Thats the units gone... and another turn to chalange the tanks. Whats the most damage you can do? 4LRC's 6 shots each, 24shots, BS3, 12 shots. T/L +4 so 16 shots.... and 4 las connon shots V/s 60 wyches! LMAO... haywire grenades will finish the LRC's next round of combat!

Offline Aesir Yggdrasil

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #18 on: October 5, 2005, 07:58:08 PM »
900 points of wychs is wrong. Very wrong. Hurricane Bolters will eat them alive, and make back there points within a turn. You're still spending almost as much as they are to counter the LRs, and the LRs have opening shots on the ragtag other thousand points you start the game with (and it'll be more than 2 dead a turn, mark my words). Raiders will crash and burn before portal bearers get close to target, and if they foot slog? Pifft. Good luck.

Now with Extra Lung!

Offline nesbitt_bub1

• Infinity Circuit
« Reply #19 on: October 5, 2005, 08:07:38 PM »
dude your missing the point of LRC's they only have an effective range of 24". You can almost hug the back of the deployment zone if someone uses 4LRC's because tha range is so poor.

as for the footslogging wyches, why bother using raiders when you face an enamy that comes to you. We have laid down the bait... the over zelous Monkei are comming to us.

and besides what i was trying to get at was " it's not as cheesey as it seems" We have the WWP. It's part of DE culture, so why not use it to full advantage.

IMHO if you put a whole army on the table without a wwp... then your going to dies very quickly v/s the BT... simply for the fact the LRC are untouchable, unless we use mahusive HWG or DL shots.... and my money would be on the HWGs as you get the anti infantry wyches to boot as well :)