News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: please help with changes to 1750 tourney list.  (Read 232 times)

Offline MoezzithMonsbane

• I *LOVE* EO and 40K.ca
please help with changes to 1750 tourney list.
« on: April 7, 2005, 10:23:50 PM »
ok here is my current list
hq
farseer, jetbike singing spear guide ghost helm
troops
6 dragons
5 dragons
5 spider +exarch with withdraw
4 reapers + exarch eml fast shot
2 reapers + exarch eml fast shot
heavy supporf
2 falcons. star cannon shuriken cannon holofield ss
wraithlord starcannon 2 flamers
elite
6 rangers
2 vypers starcannons shuriken cannons ctm( this is one unit)

ok i guide the vypers, them and the farseer make hit and runs staying behind cover. reapers are support, placed at the very edge of the board. they are the only thing that keeps me alive in escalation games. everything else just spreads out and shoots, i usually do a good job with this list, everything has its specific targets and weaknesses. BUT i had been proxying the small reaper squad and just found out i wont get the ones i ordered before the tourney( my store doesnt have any in stock, or much of anything else)so i need to make about 160 pts worth of changes to this list. i'm also thinking i'll drop the rangers, they never really seem to do much, but i'm not sure. if i do drop them i think i'll add 2 guardian squads, 10 apiece each with a starcannon,maybe try to move around some points to give them warlocks with conceal.i have models for banshees scorps and farseers and warlocks, just not sure wich way to go. tourney is sat the 16th, any help before then would be appreciated.

Offline Sapphon

• Infinity Circuit
  • No quantity of firepower matches my arrogance
Re: please help with changes to 1750 tourney list.
« Reply #1 on: April 8, 2005, 01:33:40 AM »
Moezzith,

I agree, the Rangers should go.  However, I also think that the Shuricannons on your Vypers should go.  My logic is that with CTM, you'll be wanting to use standoff range, so that flankers can't come around your cover and blast you as easily.  24" is hardly standoff range.  The Shuricannons on the Falcons I leave up to you, but those usually don't make tons of points back, and since you're gonig to be dropping off Dragons for drive-bys anyway, you will actually conceivably be in range to shoot the Shuricats it comes with stock (making it REALLY hard for the Cannon to make its points).

Let's assume you just drop the Reapers, Rangers and Vyper Shuricannons.  By my calculations, that gives you 309 points to play with.  If it were me, I'd get an Avatar to keep my Wraithlord company on long, romantic walks through enemy fire on the battlefield, as well as two 8-man Guardian squads with Starcannons to sit back in your deployment zone and take pot shots.  No need for Conceal Warlocks; those squads don't need to advance to be effective, so just find some cover for them and stick them in it.

Alternatively, 309 is enough to buy you a TL BL/SC Wave Serpent with Spirit Stones plus nine Scorpions including Exarch w/ Scorpion's Claw.  You cannot go wrong with the kings of Eldar versatility known as Striking Scorpions.  Alternatively, buy them Infiltrate, save on the WS, and shove in two more Vypers or something.

-Connor
"I personally don't use Guardians at all...there's something about 500 year old artists dying en masse I find distressing."

-Lascidel

Instead of tallying my wins and losses and posting them here, I instead took the total W/L/D's from all of the 40KO signatures in existence and put them here.  Enjoy!

W: 6296540262043640254 592655492524
D: 100
L: 4

Offline Lokust

« Reply #2 on: April 8, 2005, 11:42:49 AM »
I suggest finding room for a brightlance in place of at least one starcannon, probably on the wraithlord, so that you have something that can more easily deal with AV13+

Offline MoezzithMonsbane

• I *LOVE* EO and 40K.ca
« Reply #3 on: April 9, 2005, 12:29:57 AM »
yes i definately am going to give wraithlord a brightlance. i like the scorps with a wave serpent idea, either going to do that or the guardians. maybe drop the warlocks and flesh out the spiders and/or the dragons. thanks for the suggestions.

Offline swordwindarmy44

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2005, 07:32:08 PM »
Holy cow!

I might just try that myself lol. Actually I have to say that's almost sure fire. Except mabye that if u play against
IG, ur going to get run over. I would talk out the vypers cause theyare really overkill (u must play a lot of tanks!)
u just need something to take care of lots of wimpy 5+ save troops and the such. Lots could make u lose thoose
really sweet reapers. Maybe some guardians w scatter laser, i dunno

good luck