News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Harlequins in a turnament  (Read 542 times)

Offline Orion God

• You cant hide the truth.
Harlequins in a turnament
« on: August 21, 2003, 06:14:24 AM »
Do you think that the GW Harlequin lists would be ready to go to turnament games?

If not what changes would you make?

Also I would like to hear some tactics for turnament games with Harlequins.

If you have some ideal lists for Harlequin turnament army post it here.

The thing why I want to know this things is that I was thinking that the next time there will be a wh40k turnament I'll try to take part with Harlequins somehow.

I think I have a pretty good change that I can take part with Harlequins but if  they wont allow it then I could suggest some changes to the Harlequin list/rules (That you are about to suggest in here).

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
  • Lost Roads are now found!
    • 40kOnline
  • Armies: Squats
Re:Harlequins in a turnament
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2003, 06:54:11 AM »
I have tried to use the CJ 39/44/50 list in tournaments at several times, but I have only been allowed once. I see no need to change it, if that would lessen your chances of getting to play. If they want to play straight CJ 39, go with that even!
   The one I got to play was 1500, and had Great Harlequin, 3 DeathJesters, Solitaire, 2x6 Troupers, Jetbikes and Venom I think. It did badly, but it was fun to play, and most opponent were amazed at the way the Harlequins worked. They got shot to crud, of course, and with no save in hth they weren't overwhelming. But I did crack some serious targets with the list, and had fun. The look of stunned fascination on the face of the Marine player who got his Chaplain and four DeathCompany-marines handed to him on turn one facing a single Great Harlequin was priceless!

Lost Roads - finally released!

YouTube-clip of my Squat army.

Offline Alex of Xen

• I've Got That Arcade Feel!
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2003, 10:23:40 PM »
They really need a Save.  I always ask my opponents wether or not their Cover Save can be used in HtH and most people say yeah.  Really helps.  Either that or they need to drop harlies to no more than 15 points a piece.

Archangel Xen

blah blah blah

Offline Von Lazuli

• What happened to my hat?!
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2003, 05:40:23 AM »
@ Archangel Xen, Cover saves can only be used against shooting, do you mean a 4+ invulnerable?

Is so then try using Rasmus's rules. The link is in his sig above.
If you notice this notice you will notice that this notice is not worth noticing.

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
    • 40kOnline
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2003, 05:54:46 AM »
However, NEVER expect to be able to play a tournament using the Revision we have made here. Well, possibly with the excption of the MAD-Tournament of LinCon.

(There you have to have an illegal army, use three different armylists (SM/Eldar/CSM) and try to cheat in order to win the tournament. You got points for sniffing out rule-breaches and for cool army-concepts. I had three HQs; BA Chaplain with DeathComapny, Seer Council and a Commisar Tank...)

Offline Orion God

• You cant hide the truth.
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2003, 07:00:21 AM »
Rasmus lol :D

Sounds like fun turnament :P

Offline Alex of Xen

• I've Got That Arcade Feel!
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2003, 03:35:18 PM »
Yeah I know Cover Saves arent allowed in HtH.  But I asked if they coold be used anyway. SO yeah it basically was an Invy save, I just called a Cover anyway.  I guess from now one I should change my wording.  And I have read Rasmus' Revision.  

That MAD tournament sounds freakin awesome.  Alas, three armies as one would pose a problem to the opponent.

Archangel Xen

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
    • 40kOnline
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2003, 03:59:44 AM »
Not if your opponent is using three lists in his army as well.
One guy even fielded a group of Silverhelm High Elf Cavalry in his army!