News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Eldar Superheavies  (Read 536 times)

Offline hellstrome

• I *Love* EldarOnline!
Eldar Superheavies
« on: July 30, 2003, 08:42:25 PM »
Wow, I have some incredable news guys. I met this guy in feyettville NC at a EOT gameing event that also plays harlequins but he is into scratch building Imperial Guard tanks for his IG army. Check this out. He has been playing 40K since its founding. He had 3 armorcast Eldar vehicles that he gave to me for $40. All three. With the rules to each. Two of which are very rare armorcast Scorpion superheavy tanks and one is the first armorcast falcon. The dates engraved on them go back to 1988. Although the scorpion is 650pts it is a nice addition to my Harle army which will provide cover fire for my ground squads and my venoms. It is great from killing Land raiders and monolith's. It has 3 structure points, twin linked pulsars 60" s:9 ap:1  special:heavy D3, Blast,  plus eldar field which provides a 4+inv save. Its rules can be found in the imperial armor II book. It is very exciting.

Offline Silent_Incubi

Re:Eldar Superheavies
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2003, 09:01:03 PM »
Wow, I have some incredable news guys. I met this guy in feyettville NC at a EOT gameing event that also plays harlequins but he is into scratch building Imperial Guard tanks for his IG army. Check this out. He has been playing 40K since its founding. He had 3 armorcast Eldar vehicles that he gave to me for $40. All three. With the rules to each. Two of which are very rare armorcast Scorpion superheavy tanks and one is the first armorcast falcon. The dates engraved on them go back to 1988. Although the scorpion is 650pts it is a nice addition to my Harle army which will provide cover fire for my ground squads and my venoms. It is great from killing Land raiders and monolith's. It has 3 structure points, twin linked pulsars 60" s:9 ap:1  special:heavy D3, Blast,  plus eldar field which provides a 4+inv save. Its rules can be found in the imperial armor II book. It is very exciting.

Thats cool  :D. Too bad he didn't have any Eldar Titans, I would have jumped all over those :). However, it does seem unfluffy to have a titan creeping around the delicate and intricate webway.  ::) Well good your have stuff to take down monoliths, cause I hate 'em.

O yeah have any pics of them??
« Last Edit: July 31, 2003, 03:18:18 AM by Rasmus »
"Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishments."
-Jim Rohn

Offline hellstrome

• I *Love* EldarOnline!
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2003, 10:00:41 PM »
I am currently working on taking pics of them as we speak. Afterwards, I will post the pics of the entire army.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2003, 03:18:38 AM by Rasmus »

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
  • Lost Roads are now found!
    • 40kOnline
  • Armies: Squats
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2003, 03:19:40 AM »
This has very little bearing on Harlequins as such. Therefore I have split it from where it was posted (and blame Hellstrome for hijacking the thread) and unless it steers into a course about Harlequins, will move it to a more appropriate forum. It has a day.

Lost Roads - finally released!

YouTube-clip of my Squat army.

Offline InfinityCircuit

• Lazerous Penguin
  • "Useless, useless."--JWB
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2003, 10:01:09 AM »
You really shouldn't post the stats, Imperial Armor is just as copyrighted.

Regarding the Scorpions, they are just too expensive and risky for the Harlequins as the Harlies are already too frail.  If you want to try them, go ahead, but you will just be outnumbered.