News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Tanglefoot in 4th ed.  (Read 1411 times)

Offline 2quiet

• Infinity Circuit
  • BOOOOOOOOM...."yes, that red button..."
Tanglefoot in 4th ed.
« on: July 9, 2007, 05:45:34 AM »
In regard to a list I posted recently, Rasmus said that in 4th edition tanglefoot grenades were not needed. I was curious as to why this is, and how it changed between 3rd and 4th editions. For 4 points a piece theres a lot to be saved by not taking them (52 points in my list). Thanks.
Some of my favorites:

Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day- Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

I lay in bed last night looking up at the stars in the sky, and I thought to myself, where the heck is the ceiling?

It matters not whether you win or lose; what matters is whether I win or lose

If ther's something you can deffinetely rely on it's gotta be- oh, theres not

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
  • Lost Roads are now found!
    • 40kOnline
  • Armies: Squats
Re: Tanglefoot in 4th ed.
« Reply #1 on: July 9, 2007, 05:54:15 AM »
The rules for pursuing are a lot different from 3rd to 4th ed, in the Harlequin's favour. The added bonus of the tanglefoot is simply not warranted, especially not for squads. A single character can spend another 4 points, but investing 24-32 points in a group for the very slight advantage it goves you is simply not warranted anymore.
A rework of the Tanglefoot grenade rules is found in the 4th ed Harlequin 40konline-codex in the stickies. If that had been the official rules they might be worth the points.

Lost Roads - finally released!

YouTube-clip of my Squat army.