News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: (another list) 1000 point mixed list GK/INQ  (Read 1304 times)

Offline spiny echidna

• "It might be the beer talking, but I love beer."
(another list) 1000 point mixed list GK/INQ
« on: March 15, 2012, 01:28:25 AM »
I have never tried to write anything but a straight GK list, but with a low point level using some inquisition seems great, so here goes:
Concept is a GK gun line with a Inq. assault unit

HQ - 85
Xenos Inquisitor - pschyco/rad gernade, Psycher, force sword, Hammerhand

ELITE - 145
Henchmen - 1xBanisher w/Eviserator, 4xDCA
Razorback - Psybolt

Troop - 500
2x
10 GK Strike - Psybolt, 2xPsycannon, Hammer

Heavy - 270
2x
Psyfelman Dreads

Inq. and Henchman ride in Razorback and hit what needs hitting. Dreads and troops deploy as far forward or near objectives as possible and shoot alot.
Pretty simple.
Fun modeling though if I build this way.
Before you criticize someone you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them you are a mile away and you have their shoes.

Offline Holier than thou

• Praise the Emperor (or he'll kick your *%#).
  • Armies: Grey Knights (since 2006, not a band-wagon jumper)
Re: (another list) 1000 point mixed list GK/INQ
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2012, 05:38:19 AM »
Remember a Razorback is not an assault vehicle so your Inquisitor and Henchmen will have to get out and hang around for a turn before they can assault, it's pretty likely your opponent will move their units away and pour fire into the squad. They need either a Land Raider or Stormraven, you could get the points for a Stormraven by dropping one Dread, the Razorback and one lot of Psybolt ammo from a Strike squad.

Or, you could change the role of your Inquisitor and Henchmen to fire support. Take an Ordo Hereticus Inquisitor with a Psyocculum, 3 x Plasma Cannon Servitors and a Jokaero for Lascannon access. 3 Plasma pies that land wherever you want them to and a Lascannon that will very rarely miss. Add 7 Acolytes, 2 with Bolters, 2 with Storm Bolters, 1 with Carapace Armour and 2 standard for extra wounds and you're golden. 185 points for the lot, giving you 45 points to get a Rhino or Razorback for one of your Strike squads, gives a scoring unit some mobility.

Repent and ye shall be forgiven.
Sin again and, verily, I shall bring the hurt!