Well, holidays are over, and though things have certainly slowed down, they have not stopped. A few things i've managed to get done between gorging on turkey...
I did a test of the underside phalanges of the dragon's wings. I didn't want to just go blue, like on the top, but also wanted them to blend a bit better with the tips near the end... So i used a blue wash to sorta tint them. Still not entirely convinced i like it, but i will probably power through and just work on getting him finished. I can always do another in the future. When i win the lottery anyway, dragons aren't cheap.
I also made some significant progress on some Guardian Defenders. This will make unit 3 of then in proper colours. I've got about 100 more in Ulthwe colours i need to figure out how to strip... They've been slower going than i expected, as i discovered while working on them that some of the paints i use in the scheme are beyond recovery, and... I've been procrastinating replacing them.
My first batch of tests for the printer were some Seaguard to finish off the unit i wanted, since they haven't been available for almost a decade now... That'll give me a beefy regiment of 25, and two 20 man Spearmen regiments to form my main battle line. The Isle of Blood ones need to be cleaned up and rebased on the new 25mm bases though.
And i went through that box i found and orgaganised the contents. 43 2nd edition Space Marines, and a glorious relic of a Land Raider. Along with the manuals, hard-card templates, cards, markers and assorted goodies for 2nd edition. Will probably try to strip them and clean them up at some point. Still no idea where they came from.